I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    mrussel1 said:
    Picked up counting crows august and everything after, AP 45rpm

excited to hear how it sounds.  Not a lot of the 90’s music I grew up with has gotten an AP release 
    You’ll be quite pleased.  A+ in every category, from mix to cut to press.
    Came yesterday and I can’t stop listening to it.

hands down it’s the best sounding album I have from that era, and my collection is pretty 90’s heavy.

previously I would have said DMB crash was the best sounding mix.  Wouldn’t that be something if AP did that one.  
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,418
    edited May 2022
    preordered vault 2
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mrussel1 said:
    Picked up counting crows august and everything after, AP 45rpm

excited to hear how it sounds.  Not a lot of the 90’s music I grew up with has gotten an AP release 
    You’ll be quite pleased.  A+ in every category, from mix to cut to press.
    Came yesterday and I can’t stop listening to it.

hands down it’s the best sounding album I have from that era, and my collection is pretty 90’s heavy.

previously I would have said DMB crash was the best sounding mix.  Wouldn’t that be something if AP did that one.  
    That's a pretty good comparative right there, and I'm not sure which one is better.  I prefer Crash as a record so my bias is probably a little there.  August is amazing sounding though.  

Now if you are saying era and not genre, well don't forget about Wildflowers because that one sounds pretty fucking great too.  
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    2022 Eddie Vedder Ukulele Songs Regular Edition Vinyl 

scheduled to arrive tomorrow

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491

I had a CD version of this many years ago that stopped at Tomorrow Never Dies. 
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Pre-Order

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    MedozK said:
    Pre-Order

Nice!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    MedozK said:
    Pre-Order

Me too. Wore out my original vinyl copy when I was 4 and promptly said "garbage man took my 'Beat It'" 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    brianlux said:
    MedozK said:
    Pre-Order

Nice!
    Should sound PHENOMENAL with the one-step process.
    MedozK said:
    brianlux said:
    MedozK said:
    Pre-Order

Nice!
    Should sound PHENOMENAL with the one-step process.
    Yeah I skipped Clapton. The retail is damn good.  But I ordered this one. 
    As much as I'm a huge Jimi fan, I wasn't sure about this one.  There have been other live Hendrix records that get almost an obligatory  big thumbs up, and on a few occasions I haven't found the recording to be as good as I'd hope for, or the performance to be up to par.  But the price was right on this one so I went for it.
    And what a good thing that is!  This is a marvelous live recorded performance- I dare say, possibly the best yet- and the recording quality is great.  There are a few lesser moments, but over all it is excellent and the high points are stellar.   The live version here of "Hey Joe" in particular is simply stunning.  I was nearly in tears listening to this the first time.  With all these years of listening to Jimi on records and having seen him twice, I wasn't prepared to be this blown away by a Hendrix performance.  This version of "Hey Joe" is, for me, one of the great high points of Jimi's magnificent career.  FANTASTIC!

(Discogs photo)

Jimi Hendrix Experience* – Freedom: Atlanta Pop Festival

Label:Experience Hendrix – 19439887701, Legacy – 19439887701
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Limited Edition, Reissue, White with Red, White, and Blue Swirls
    Released:2021
    Genre:Rock
    Style:Psychedelic Rock

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    As much as I'm a huge Jimi fan, I wasn't sure about this one.  There have been other live Hendrix records that get almost an obligatory  big thumbs up, and on a few occasions I haven't found the recording to be as good as I'd hope for, or the performance to be up to par.  But the price was right on this one so I went for it.
    And what a good thing that is!  This is a marvelous live recorded performance- I dare say, possibly the best yet- and the recording quality is great.  There are a few lesser moments, but over all it is excellent and the high points are stellar.   The live version here of "Hey Joe" in particular is simply stunning.  I was nearly in tears listening to this the first time.  With all these years of listening to Jimi on records and having seen him twice, I wasn't prepared to be this blown away by a Hendrix performance.  This version of "Hey Joe" is, for me, one of the great high points of Jimi's magnificent career.  FANTASTIC!

(Discogs photo)

Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Limited Edition, Reissue, White with Red, White, and Blue Swirls

just ordered based on this review...

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

(Discogs photo)

Format:

just ordered based on this review...

Excellent!  You won't be disappointed! 

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    This was just delivered 

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840

Tool - Lateralus
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited May 2022
    that uke songs regular edition LP arrived...seems mad flimsy compared to the departed OG 

i haven't split the seam yet, but according to Discogs, Can't Keep is Can't Sleep and Satellite is just not spelled properly on the labels. 
    edited May 2022
    ikiT said:
    that uke songs regular edition LP arrived...seems mad flimsy compared to the departed OG 

i haven't split the seam yet, but according to Discogs, Can't Keep is Can't Sleep and Satellite is just not spelled properly on the labels. 
    Post "using the wrong verse for Who You Are on the No Code reissue":

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    ikiT said:

For sure it’s like that on the deluxe so I assume the regular is the same as the records themselves are the same 
    It would be one thing if it said "Cna't Keep". A missed typo.

But someone writing a completely different word? 
    edited May 2022

The best one is on the AP Miles Davis Bags Groove

Oleo is Oreo

they even get it wrong on the website track listing too. I’d probably buy it otherwise, it’s just annoys me so I can’t do it 

Post edited by Cropduster-80 on

Oleo is Oreo

they even get it wrong on the website track listing too. I’d probably buy it otherwise, it’s just annoys me so I can’t do it 

great record though. just picked up a reissue last week?

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    MedozK said:
    Pre-Order

I just went to look at this and you paid $100 for this?

Talking about making money off of the return...
    mickeyrat said:

Oleo is Oreo

great record though. just picked up a reissue last week?
    I went with Cookin’

OJC version sounds great, and didn’t really want to back order the AP as they have enough problems shipping in stock stuff 
    MedozK said:
    Pre-Order

It's the greatest pop record of all time.  You could argue Rumours too (I much prefer that one), but this album is a pop masterpiece.  So buying a box, 45 RPM, mastered from the original analog tapes for $100 in this record market is not unusual.  Pearl went for $125.  Clapton Unplugged was $125.  If your question is because you don't like the record, well that's an opinion.  But the price for what this is, is not out of range at all. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    Pre-Order

It's the greatest pop record of all time.  You could argue Rumours too (I much prefer that one), but this album is a pop masterpiece.  So buying a box, 45 RPM, mastered from the original analog tapes for $100 in this record market is not unusual.  Pearl went for $125.  Clapton Unplugged was $125.  If your question is because you don't like the record, well that's an opinion.  But the price for what this is, is not out of range at all. 
    I'm pretty sure I bought In Rainbows 45rpm for less but ok.

$100 for a repressed record seems a bit much to me. Plus the listing says it's 33-1/3 on MD.

OK Just went down the rabbits hole.  Rumors is half that and VH box albums are a wee bit more.  I guess what's weird is I saw so many of these as a kid for like $5 and now they want $100 is odd.

I will learn to accept the $100 record, lol.  I mean I bought the Metallica MOP box set for $130?  That was a nice box set.
    PYT alone is worth a hunnie...
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    Pre-Order

$100 for a repressed record seems a bit much to me. Plus the listing says it's 33-1/3 on MD.

OK Just went down the rabbits hole.  Rumors is half that and VH box albums are a wee bit more.  I guess what's weird is I saw so many of these as a kid for like $5 and now they want $100 is odd.

I will learn to accept the $100 record, lol.  I mean I bought the Metallica MOP box set for $130?  That was a nice box set.
    As great as in rainbows 45 sounds, and it’s awesome I tend to think that same album on MOFI or AP would be even better and even more money. 

Even if you just based it on the pressing quality/vinyl 
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    Pre-Order

MOFI definitely raised their prices in the last two years.  Prior, Kind of Blue was $55 as an example.  

Also, I don't think this is a repress.  I read this as a fresh mastering and lacquer cut from the original tapes.  I was not aware that MOFI had done Thriller before.  Is that the case?