Dave Matthews Band

Comments

• Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Confirmations posted. Got pit for Huntsville. 
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    So I have been in and out of the Warehouse numerous times over the years. Currently I've been active since Jan 2019. Should I bother going for GA Pit tickets? I am going to the Toronto show. One night only and the pit is always packed with hard-cores. I am guessing that 3 consecutive years in won't get me pit tickets. Any advice?

I’ve been an active member for twenty years (this year) and they gave me lawn a couple of years ago. It’s a crap shoot 

some newer members got selected for better seats surely.  Seems like it use to be random selection for tickets then seniority determined the seat location of the pool of members that got selected.  I highly doubt that’s what they do now in practice 

I put in for the woodlands which is not a popular show as far as hardcore fans travelling to. It’s a big city casual fan show.  I bet im near the back of lower reserved on the side
    Back of lowers on the side… as predicted 
    101 third row from the back 

instant tickets are up 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    So I have been in and out of the Warehouse numerous times over the years. Currently I've been active since Jan 2019. Should I bother going for GA Pit tickets? I am going to the Toronto show. One night only and the pit is always packed with hard-cores. I am guessing that 3 consecutive years in won't get me pit tickets. Any advice?

I’ve been an active member for twenty years (this year) and they gave me lawn a couple of years ago. It’s a crap shoot 

some newer members got selected for better seats surely.  Seems like it use to be random selection for tickets then seniority determined the seat location of the pool of members that got selected.  I highly doubt that’s what they do now in practice 

I put in for the woodlands which is not a popular show as far as hardcore fans travelling to. It’s a big city casual fan show.  I bet im near the back of lower reserved on the side

instant tickets are up 
    Yeah that's why I wait for instant ticketing now.  Although I need part 2. 
    mrussel1 said:

instant tickets are up 
    Exactly.  Considering my confirmed seats are at the back of lowers, and they are selling lowers in instants there is no way those ones would be behind mine as that would be next to impossible.    
    mrussel1 said:

instant tickets are up 
    Exactly.  Considering my confirmed seats are at the back of lowers, and they are selling lowers in instants there is no way those ones would be behind mine as that would be next to impossible.    
    Also, I've discovered you can always get tickets near the time of the show from WH members.  Between Facebook and Ants, there seems to be options.  Especially if not going for SPAC or something.
    Jumb0 said:
    Pending charges have hit the bank account. Got hit with the max charge for Huntsville so hoping they are pit
    Nice. Max charge for me as well 

so I looked as since this was my only request it was “priority” I guess seniority counts for your first request if it’s not specified to a different show, or if it’s your only request it’s automatically your priority show 

so I guess that’s how they handle seniority now? I haven’t paid attention to the ticketing guidelines for a number of years 

Reserved section seating assignments within the respective seating price levels were done by seniority, except for multi-night stays where assignments were random on the first night and seniority on the second and third (if applicable) nights.
    edited March 2022
    Jumb0 said:
    Reserved section seating assignments within the respective seating price levels were done by seniority, except for multi-night stays where assignments were random on the first night and seniority on the second and third (if applicable) nights.
    That cannot be true in practice.  The odds all the lower pavilion seats were occupied by members with more than 20 years of seniority is hard to believe. I think the max seniority for joining on day one is 24 years 

woodlands isn’t a majorly popular venue and it’s only one night. I should be set up nicely to get decent seats based on the stated process 

I’ve been skeptical about the seniority process for several years as my seats keep getting worse.  I use to routinely pull excellent seats for the gorge which has way more requests.  For the woodlands, in 2008-2010 I would get half way back center. Since then it’s gone further back and to the sides
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    I had a DMB dream last night, I never really remember my dreams either, but parts of this dream were pretty vivid. I was at a DMB show and they were filming a documentary, when all the members of the band except Dave left the stage and walked up the aisle way to the concession. I followed and got in line behind them. The concession area was a big wide open area with tall glass windows that looked out on to the street. Everyone in the band got a beer and walked over to the windows, the camera men still following and filming. I got my beer and followed the band and went to where they were standing. I then went to introduce myself, I put out my hand, and it wasn’t even anybody from DMB. It was fucking Ben Folds. Thats right, from Ben Folds Five. We shook hands and then turned and looked out the window. That’s all I remember from the dream. I cant even name one Ben Folds Five song, have never went out of my way to listen to them, and have maybe seen a picture of him twice, so that was kinda weird and amazing. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Jumb0 said:
    That cannot be true in practice.  The odds all the lower pavilion seats were occupied by members with more than 20 years of seniority is hard to believe. I think the max seniority for joining on day one is 24 years 

woodlands isn’t a majorly popular venue and it’s only one night. I should be set up nicely to get decent seats based on the stated process 

I’ve been skeptical about the seniority process for several years as my seats keep getting worse.  I use to routinely pull excellent seats for the gorge which has way more requests.  For the woodlands, in 2008-2010 I would get half way back center. Since then it’s gone further back and to the sides
    That’s copied and pasted from the Warehouse website. Ticket selection is random and then seats are assigned based on seniority. The exception is the one off mid week shows which I still think are completely by seniority. 
    edited March 2022
    Jumb0 said:
    Jumb0 said:

That’s copied and pasted from the Warehouse website. Ticket selection is random and then seats are assigned based on seniority. The exception is the one off mid week shows which I still think are completely by seniority. 
    Yes, I saw that.

the math doesn’t add up in practice is all I’m saying.  They can write whatever they want, I just don’t think that’s how they actually do it anymore.

tickets aren’t hard to get thankfully.  In 20 years and probably 60 plus shows I’ve never been denied tickets even once that I recall, and I’ve been given lawn maybe twice so that’s good. That would never happen with PJ.  After being selected though the seats are pretty suspect. Never being denied though also points to a lot of fan club allocated seats, and unless they are all far back it just doesn’t make any sense

Hollywood bowl was when I really started to question it. I ended up not going as the seats weren’t worth the flight to LA. On the WH/ants message boards there were a lot of people discussing seat assignments and many many better seats were to people with way less seniority.  
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Picked up the RSD release of Live at Luther. That set will always occupy a special place in my heart! Vivid memories listening to it and studying in college. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Picked up the RSD release of Live at Luther. That set will always occupy a special place in my heart! Vivid memories listening to it and studying in college. 
    Where did you find it?  I've been looking for a copy for my son.  Doesnt' have to be RSD, black is good too
    mrussel1 said:
    Where did you find it?  I've been looking for a copy for my son.  Doesnt' have to be RSD, black is good too
    Picked one up off eBay for $200
    www.cluthelee.com
    mrussel1 said:
    Ah. Well he don't deserve that.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Ah. Well he don't deserve that.  
    Haha!! Indeed not! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    The $5 nugs sale has been like Christmas morning for my DMB live collection. The Muse and The Academy, Dave at Benaroya, D&T at UNH and Canandaigua...probably more before the sale ends. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • garland09garland09 Posts: 830
    JimmyV said:
    The $5 nugs sale has been like Christmas morning for my DMB live collection. The Muse and The Academy, Dave at Benaroya, D&T at UNH and Canandaigua...probably more before the sale ends. 
    Do you have to have a paid subscription for nugs?
    garland09 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Do you have to have a paid subscription for nugs?
    To stream stuff, yes. I don't have one though. I just buy shows I want on mp3. 

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    I'm really hoping some good seats under $100 become available the day of the austin show...I just can't bring myself to pay +100 for any concert these days.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    edited May 2022
    Have fun y’all! Can’t wait for next month.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

I don't want to support Platinum ticketing but these Pit tickets for the Saturday night show in Hartford are looking pretty damn good. 

Face value is $147.50 so it's not that crazy
    JimmyV said:
    I don't want to support Platinum ticketing but these Pit tickets for the Saturday night show in Hartford are looking pretty damn good. 

Is the official plat the one that comes with the poster and other goodies, or is it literally just a ticket?
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:

Is the official plat the one that comes with the poster and other goodies, or is it literally just a ticket?
    I think just a ticket? Not sure though. 

Through resale I would assume just the ticket. 
    Just picked up Red Rocks boxset. I’ve slept on these guys and criticized too harshly in the past. Good music is just good music. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • garland09garland09 Posts: 830
    Just picked up Red Rocks boxset. I’ve slept on these guys and criticized too harshly in the past. Good music is just good music. 
    That album was my first exposure to DMB.  The drums on Seek Up had me hooked in the first couple of minutes.
    Red Rocks is great.  I think his voice was beat up that weekend,  wasn't it?  Gorge 2002 might be my favorite set they have.  Really fantastic.