Comments

• CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    PJNB said:
    January Australia
    March South America
    July and or August Ballparks 

Probably.
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,771
    This is a completely uninformed guess but, if the band is prioritizing their health, their families, trying to make records a bit more often (Jeff is the only one who has mentioned that) and other various projects, as well as taking into consideration that they're all getting older, I would guess more on the side of fewer shows/fewer extended tours. AU/South America/Europe/States is kind of a lot and I think they're maybe past the point of spending 2/3 of a year on the road. 
    Fair point. Take the Canada shows out of my prediction, lower the West Coast shows to 9 in Cali, 1 each in Reno, Phoenix, and Albuquerque.

"I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    edited May 2022
    They should do ballpark shows in Seattle, Chicago, NYC, Baltimore, Philly, Atlanta, and Houston. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 555
    If they play Seattle, it should be at Climate Pledge. 
  • Celticskemba8Celticskemba8 Posts: 308
    demetrios said:
    Would love a Maine show in 2023. Oh, and an Atlantic Canadian 2023 Tour please!
    Would be amazing!!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    JojoRice said:
    They should do ballpark shows in Seattle, Chicago, NYC, Baltimore, Philly, Atlanta, and Houston. 
    And arena shows in Boston and Hartford. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:
    JimmyV said:
    The U.S. 
    Summertime
    Pleeeeeeeease and thank you
    Yes. Enough arenas, back to sheds. 
    I wouldn't go that far. Too many sheds are a pain to get in and out of. Play the cities, not the sticks. 
    This. 

I don't love the TD Garden, but would prefer see them there then Fenway or Mansfield.

But so many call for stadiums which take days to set up and tear down… while arenas can be done in hours. Let’s not short change the majority of America that got shut out of the Gigaton Arena Tour. There are 25-30 markets in the US, let’s try to hit them all, keeping in mind where the fans live.
  • MM70435MM70435 Posts: 243
    JojoRice said:
    Wishful thinking on Atlanta.  Other than a festival in 2012 (which I personally don't count), it has been since 2003 since they played a full show in Atlanta.  They have played THREE full shows in South Carolina since they last played a full show in Atlanta.  It sure would be nice to not have to drive 5 hours or get on an airplane to see them play though.
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 - LA I&II, Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore?
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 732
    MM70435 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Wishful thinking on Atlanta.  Other than a festival in 2012 (which I personally don't count), it has been since 2003 since they played a full show in Atlanta.  They have played THREE full shows in South Carolina since they last played a full show in Atlanta.  It sure would be nice to not have to drive 5 hours or get on an airplane to see them play though.
    Yep. Greenville 2016 took our show. Was supposed to be here but they ended up doing Bonnaroo so contractually couldn’t do Atlanta 
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,998
    edited May 2022
    - Melbourne - multi shows across Feb - all one album at time in order or release.
    - Private show my backyard. I'll put on a barbie
    - Bells Beach, Torquay - Headlining festival. 

after that i don't care hahaha
    Post edited by Release EV on
    MM70435 said:
    JojoRice said:
    JR86440 said:
    MM70435 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Yep. Greenville 2016 took our show. Was supposed to be here but they ended up doing Bonnaroo so contractually couldn’t do Atlanta 
    Yea we keep getting screwed over here in Georgia.  That means we should get at least 2 shows! 

• DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    JR86440 said:
    MM70435 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Yeah, we ended up driving to Lexington bc Bonnaroo supposedly took the rumored Nashville show that year.......
    "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Hot off the presses!

Brazil in March 2023.

So it really does seem that South America in early 2023 is a green light....ticket info in Nov/Dec?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,034
    Would love an Atlanta show, frustrating we haven’t gotten one since 2003. However, absolutely loved the 2012 show. Broke a six year show drought for me, so I was thrilled to see them.

How about a multiple night stand at the Fox?
    I wonder if they could fill up Mercedes-Benz... that'd be fun.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • heartofadogheartofadog Portland, OR Posts: 350
    I wonder if they could fill up Mercedes-Benz... that'd be fun.
    Depends on the model. E Class seats 5 so Josh and Boom would have to take an Uber or something but a GLS seats up to 7
    1993: Portland, OR (09/06), Seattle, WA (12/07), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    1995: Seattle, WA (02/05)
    1996: Seattle, WA (09/16)
    1997:
    Oakland, CA (11/19)
    1998:
    Portland, OR (07/18), Seattle, WA (07/21), Seattle, WA (07/22)
    2000: Bellingham, WA (05/10), Vancouver, BC (05/11), Mountain View, CA (10/31), Portland, OR (11/02), Seattle, WA (11/05), Seattle, WA (11/06)
    2002: Seattle, WA (12/05), Seattle, WA (12/06), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    2003: Vancouver, BC (5/30), Seattle, WA (10/22), 
    2006: Portland, OR (07/20)
    2009: Berlin, DE (08/15), Seattle, WA (9/21), Seattle, WA (9/22)
    2010: Berlin, DE (06/30)
    2013: Los Angeles, CA (11/23), Los Angeles, CA (11/24), Portland, OR (11/29), Spokane, WA (11/30)
    2018: Seattle, WA (08/10)
    2022: Seattle, WA (2/22)
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Is it true Matt won't be on drums for tonight's Oakland show? Josh will fill in 
    I miss igotid88
    Would love an Atlanta show, frustrating we haven’t gotten one since 2003. However, absolutely loved the 2012 show. Broke a six year show drought for me, so I was thrilled to see them.

Multiple nights at the Fox would be awesome!!  If they were to play an arena here, I'd prefer Gwinnett over Philips/State Farm.  For a shed show, Id prefer Alpharetta over Lakewood.  

• lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 612
    I think it’s time they consider a residency. Until Covid is truly endemic which could be years they can’t tour properly with this level of uncertainty. Play 10 Seattle shows next year along with 5 night runs in New York, Chicago and Vegas. Listening to Jeff last week on the Bill Simmons podcast talk about how they are touring in a bubble sounds miserable. Plus it didn’t even work as Matt’s absence proved. A series of ballpark shows makes sense as well, especially if they are spaced apart by a week to 10 days. 
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
    JojoRice said:

Multiple nights at the Fox would be awesome!!  If they were to play an arena here, I'd prefer Gwinnett over Philips/State Farm.  For a shed show, Id prefer Alpharetta over Lakewood.  
    Gwinnett would be awesome! I’d be 20 minutes from the show, so close! Alpharetta would be great too! But probably a couple nights with the lower capacity? You wouldn’t have to twist my arm to go twice.

Also, if they had a Georgia resident 10 Club show at Variety Playhouse or maybe Tabernacle, I’m sure wouldn’t lose my mind over a chance for that! 😉 
    JojoRice said:

Gwinnett would be awesome! I’d be 20 minutes from the show, so close! Alpharetta would be great too! But probably a couple nights with the lower capacity? You wouldn’t have to twist my arm to go twice.

Also, if they had a Georgia resident 10 Club show at Variety Playhouse or maybe Tabernacle, I’m sure wouldn’t lose my mind over a chance for that! 😉 
    Now you're talking!!

• mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    JojoRice said:
    They should do all 30, one big tour.
  • MM70435MM70435 Posts: 243
    JojoRice said:

I would be happy with just a show at the building formerly known as Philips Arena.
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 - LA I&II, Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore?
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
    Yes, I would as well. Saw them last in Philips in 2000. Great show.

But, if we’re dreaming, dream big!
  • HaijayHaijay Posts: 297
    I’ve put some thought into this over the last couple weeks. Enough of the “they’re getting older” bullshit. ALL the other big bands out there play a shit load more shows when they tour, these prima donna’s can up their game next year. So, LONG overdue  Australian tour in Jan or Feb for a month.  Multiple arena shows in each city, piss on the one stadium show per city model, that sucks. No Big Day Out.   Come home, take a few months to work on album and relax, then mid June it’s Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Saskatoon or Regina, Winnipeg,  Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Detroit, Indy, Des Moines, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, SOLDIER FUCKEN FIELD!!!! Two weeks off, LEG 2- Boston x2, Hartford, New York x2, Philly x 2, Washington, Raleigh make-up show, Atlanta, NOLA, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Albuquerque, Salt Lake doesn’t deserve one after last time, Boise, Portland, Seattle x 2. Sept and Oct off, Nov in South America. Thoughts? 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Haijay said:
    I’ve put some thought into this over the last couple weeks. Enough of the “they’re getting older” bullshit. ALL the other big bands out there play a shit load more shows when they tour, these prima donna’s can up their game next year. So, LONG overdue  Australian tour in Jan or Feb for a month.  Multiple arena shows in each city, piss on the one stadium show per city model, that sucks. No Big Day Out.   Come home, take a few months to work on album and relax, then mid June it’s Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Saskatoon or Regina, Winnipeg,  Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Detroit, Indy, Des Moines, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, SOLDIER FUCKEN FIELD!!!! Two weeks off, LEG 2- Boston x2, Hartford, New York x2, Philly x 2, Washington, Raleigh make-up show, Atlanta, NOLA, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Albuquerque, Salt Lake doesn’t deserve one after last time, Boise, Portland, Seattle x 2. Sept and Oct off, Nov in South America. Thoughts? 
    This band has been on cruise control since 2006.   Age has nothing to do with their show counts.  Flexibility and avoiding burnout do
    Haijay said:
    This band has been on cruise control since 2006.   Age has nothing to do with their show counts.  Flexibility and avoiding burnout do

How many other bands are controlled by labels...and don't the labels have some control over when/where the bands tour?

• jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    Here we go. 2023 rumor time with 2022 on edge. Doubt these guys ever play arenas again after their 2022 shows..just too hard without risk of catching this cause it isn't ever going away. No matter how mild it is (like it is currently) or what anyone else thinks they are going to treat it seriously as is their choice. 

Any new stadiums get the nod outside of fenway, Wrigley, and safeco in 2023? Already excited for stadium show hype and the return of an evening with pearl jam. 
  • RR258111RR258111 São Paulo, Brazil Posts: 59
    Hot off the presses!

Brazil in March 2023.

So it really does seem that South America in early 2023 is a green light....ticket info in Nov/Dec?
    Usually in SA Lolla happens from March on, I expect some add shows because these festivals are mess. My guess: Brazil,Chile, Peru and Argentina as they cancel it  in 2018.

PJ - Irvine,CA (06,03,2003) SP, Brazil (12,02,2005), SP, Brazil (12,03,2005) ,SP, Brazil (11,03,2011),  SP, Brazil (11,04,2011), SP, Brazil (03,31, 2013), SP, Brazil (11,14,2015), Ft Lauderdale, FL (04,08,2016), Miami, FL (04,09,2016), SP,Brazil(03,24,2018)Chicago, IL(08,18, 2018), Chicago, IL(08,20,2018), San Diego, CA (05,03,2022), Los Angeles, CA (05/06/2022), Los Angeles, CA (05/07/2022) , Oakland, CA(05/12/2022) - EV - SP, Brazil 2015/2018, 

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    edited May 2022
    Here we go. 2023 rumor time with 2022 on edge. Doubt these guys ever play arenas again after their 2022 shows..just too hard without risk of catching this cause it isn't ever going away. No matter how mild it is (like it is currently) or what anyone else thinks they are going to treat it seriously as is their choice. 

Any new stadiums get the nod outside of fenway, Wrigley, and safeco in 2023? Already excited for stadium show hype and the return of an evening with pearl jam. 

A 40,000 rock show isn’t a walk in the park. NHL and NBA are progressing just fine. Anyone could catch Covid just as easily at a packed Fenway, and the bonus is using the 276 year old restrooms, 

going to a PJ stadium show is like watching an ant farm.

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on