Options

Hyde Park Shows - Where to Stay

Hello all!   My husband and I are traveling to London for the Hyde Park shows in July.  Who's going?  Where are you staying?  Any recommendations from locals?  Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,946
    I would stay outside the  area  and bus or tube into hyde park
     Much cheaper
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,503
    Hello all!   My husband and I are traveling to London for the Hyde Park shows in July.  Who's going?  Where are you staying?  Any recommendations from locals?  Thanks!
    We are coming from Southern Illinois in the US. We found a nice AirBnB a short walk from Hyde Park.
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Hiya, 
    (Not a local so others might have better suggestions but know London pretty well and used to live near Hyde Park)
    London is really busy that weekend. It is the Wimbledon tennis finals, there is a festival on the other side of the city plus for parts of the UK it is the school holidays. 
    I would say if you have a higher budget then stay within walking distance of the park - Paddington, Maida Vale, Kensington, Mayfair or maybe Soho. There is a new Premier Inn in Paddington (we are staying there, it’s a 20 minute walk), the Point A and the Indigo are both good too around the station. 
    If you have a lower budget then go further out of the city but possibly look at TFL trains from Paddington or places on the Jubilee line (get on at Bond Street or Green Park after the gig) or on the Victoria Line (get on at green park). 
    Thousands of people heading for Marble Arch and Hyde Park Corner stations is never pleasant. 
    The buses are pretty good around there. 
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    chalonchalon Posts: 106
    edited May 2022
    I'm staying at a hotel in Covent Garden. It's expensive, but I'm making a bigger trip out of it as I've never been to London before, and Covent Garden was recommended to me as a good spot for a first time. It's not as close as some of the other districts, but it's not a crazy distance (about 1 mile) and right on the tube/bus lines if you go for those.

My plan is 2 weeks in London, then take the Eurostar for 1 week in Paris. So I'll catch those 3 shows in total
  • Options
    Dan_BristolDan_Bristol Posts: 14
    I had a hotel booked that was within walking distance of Hyde Park (booked several months ago) but they cancelled out of the blue this week without any explanation. I fully expect that they will re-post those rooms at an inflated rate this week. Very annoying given we are now quite close to July.

So, I’ve re-booked for Premier Inn in Hampstead. No longer walking distance but easily reached on the Northern Line & it won’t take too long to get back there post show. It’s a slightly more peaceful area than the hustle & bustle of central London.

I’m assuming a tube post show from Marble Arch will be a no-no given the crowds so I’m fully expecting to have a short walk to Hyde Park Corner or maybe Green Park to get away from the area and will pick up a connection to the Northern Line on the tube network further away.
    London 1 1996
    Cardiff  2000
    Reading Festival 2006
    London 2007
    London  2009
    Belfast 2010
    London Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester 1 & 2;  2012
    Amsterdam 1 2012
    Leeds 2014
    Milton Keynes 2014
    London 1 & 2; 2018
    London 1 & 2;  2022
  • Options
    UKBgirlUKBgirl UK Posts: 99
    We're staying on the North side of Hyde Park, the prices were about 1/3 -1/4 of the price of Kensington/Belgravia.  We're still walking distance and scored 3 nights for 2 £375 total.