Options

*** LA NIGHT 2 2022 SETLIST THREAD ***

Comments

• Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 655
    Only 3 Gigaton is a good sign. But 24 songs and 2hr 18m still is disappointing. Other than that, good set tho.
    I honestly can't see how you can be disappointed?
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,312
    jefft said:
    Only 3 Gigaton is a good sign. But 24 songs and 2hr 18m still is disappointing. Other than that, good set tho.
    I honestly can't see how you can be disappointed?
    I wasn't there, so I'm not a good judge. My first show was in 1992 when I was 15. My next show was 2013. That one and every one since has been 30+ songs. So, on paper, seeing 22-24 songs per show all of a sudden is somewhat disappointing. Perhaps I'll feel differently when I actually attend one of these shorter shows.
  • Options
    ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,257
    I can say that, being there tonight and last night, I never felt like the shows felt incomplete or unsatisfying compared to previous experiences - especially with less covers overall giving it a nonstop barrage of the goods
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,794
    yosi said:
    15.I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES
    Not a fan. 
    16.GARDEN
    But this is sick. 
    LGM!
    Yes!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,404
    Any pics of pick scores?
    Looks like a great setlist. 
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    Wilds said:
    Fuck, that was beautiful! 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 312
    edited May 2022
    I understand the shorter setlists as they're not getting any younger. The reasonable tradeoff seemed to be shorter sets but ditching the covers. So I was surprised to see 2 covers creep in last night. Still a good setlist tho.

Post edited by Gravey1975 on
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,985
    Loujoe said:
    Any pics of pick scores?
    This ^^^^ i need my fix
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    SS105464SS105464 Posts: 29
    Finally a good setlist
  • Options
    KsayetKsayet Posts: 69
    Glorified G was great! So many gems last night. The Taylor tribute was so good too.
    2018 - Rome
    2021 - Asbury, Ohana 1
    2022 - SD, LA1, LA2, Zurich, MSG, NJ, TN, KY, STL
    2023 - SP1,SP2,CHI1,CH2,FTW1,FTW2,AUS1,AUS2
    2024 - VAN1
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    Loujoe said:
    Any pics of pick scores?
    I grabbed a couple of Mike's.

Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    chukdotcomchukdotcom Posts: 654
    Feels like Ed has cut out about 10 minutes of banter as well. I understand the math says otherwise but I agree with others that say the show felt “complete”. And if I’m being perfectly honest, I’m not sure my 50+ year old back and bladder can handle 3+ hours in the pit anymore…
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    This was a great setlist, short or not.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Any pics of pick scores?
    I grabbed a couple of Mike's.

Beautiful 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,581
    edited May 2022
    Those who wrote song names on that paper, how is gems and rhinestones is a better choice over WASH or WMA??? I expected more from you 😂🤣
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    edited May 2022
    SOLAT319 said:
    Those who wrote song names on that paper, how is gems and rhinestones is a better choice over WASH or WMA??? I expected more from you 😂🤣
    Wow, It’s been a while my friend! Good to see you in here, makes it feel like the old times. 😂

I’ll be at both OAK shows as well as Sac & Vegas, will I be running into you at any of these shows? 

And I think Eddie was fucking with them by playing Unthought Known first before Glorified G. At least that’s what it looked like to me from the live stream. 
    Post edited by Red Mosqito on
  • Options
    SOLAT319 said:
    Agreed 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,971
    SOLAT319 said:
    I think Ed picked "Unthought Known" from the list because they played it at Ohana and it was one they had a better chance of remembering.  All of the other songs on the list were songs they haven't played (or probably even rehearsed) in years: "Brother"; "Severed Hand"; "Untitled/MFC"; "Tremor Christ"; "Fatal"; "Blood"; "Strangest Tribe"; "Marker in the Sand."  I'm forgetting a couple, but they were in the same vein.  I don't think "Glorified G" was on the list.  It was also very tight.  Ed knew all the words without consulting any lyric sheets, which suggests that they had practiced it recently.  Same goes for "Leash."

The funny thing was when Ed told the band which song he was picking off the list, he showed the list to Jeff and pointed at the song (which turned out to be "Unthought Known") and Jeff looked at him and said, "Now?!"  As in, "You want us to play that right now?!"  It didn't seem that the rest of the band was aware that Ed had solicited the requests.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    chalonchalon Posts: 114
    I think the the "Now?!" confusion was more that Unthought Known was already on the set list to be played later, but Ed moved it up once he saw it was on the request list, too.

I do think Glorified G was on the list, the picture that was circulated earlier wasn't everything that was on it. The lyrics to that song are pretty simple and repeat a lot, so it's not that surprising that they'd be able to wing it if needed.

Of the other requests -- Severed Hand, Tremor Christ, and Blood weren't that unreasonable, they're all songs they have played a decent bit and played in 2018, too. (They played Fatal in 2018 but have barely ever played the song).

If I had the list I would've written down "anything from Riot Act" since that's the album I'm missing the most stuff from.
  • Options
    chukdotcomchukdotcom Posts: 654
    BF25394 said:
    SOLAT319 said:
    I think Ed picked "Unthought Known" from the list because they played it at Ohana and it was one they had a better chance of remembering.  All of the other songs on the list were songs they haven't played (or probably even rehearsed) in years: "Brother"; "Severed Hand"; "Untitled/MFC"; "Tremor Christ"; "Fatal"; "Blood"; "Strangest Tribe"; "Marker in the Sand."  I'm forgetting a couple, but they were in the same vein.  I don't think "Glorified G" was on the list.  It was also very tight.  Ed knew all the words without consulting any lyric sheets, which suggests that they had practiced it recently.  Same goes for "Leash."

The funny thing was when Ed told the band which song he was picking off the list, he showed the list to Jeff and pointed at the song (which turned out to be "Unthought Known") and Jeff looked at him and said, "Now?!"  As in, "You want us to play that right now?!"  It didn't seem that the rest of the band was aware that Ed had solicited the requests.
    Unthought Known was scheduled to be played. Glorified G is the only one they added from “fan list”
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    chalon said:
    I think the the "Now?!" confusion was more that Unthought Known was already on the set list to be played later, but Ed moved it up once he saw it was on the request list, too.

I do think Glorified G was on the list, the picture that was circulated earlier wasn't everything that was on it. The lyrics to that song are pretty simple and repeat a lot, so it's not that surprising that they'd be able to wing it if needed.

Of the other requests -- Severed Hand, Tremor Christ, and Blood weren't that unreasonable, they're all songs they have played a decent bit and played in 2018, too. (They played Fatal in 2018 but have barely ever played the song).

If I had the list I would've written down "anything from Riot Act" since that's the album I'm missing the most stuff from.
    I was going off what I saw of the actual list while in the pit.  (I was just behind the people who got to make the list.)  The list had "Unthought Known" on it.  I did not see "Glorified G" on it, although it's possible it was added (or that I somehow didn't see it).  Another song that was on it that I forgot to mention above was "Breakerfall."  Also "Pilate" (I think-- that one was hard to read the writing).

I'm with you re: Riot Act.  That album is criminally neglected.  I would love to hear "Ghost' in particular off that album.

I also thought that "Severed Hand" had a reasonable shot at being played.

Is there a picture of the set list somewhere?  I still haven't seen it (although I saw someone getting a copy of it as the show ended).
  • Options
    VikkivaleVikkivale Los Angeles, CA Posts: 227
    BF25394 said:

Is there a picture of the set list somewhere? 

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Guys thumb looks like a wiener 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Vikkivale said:
    BF25394 said:

Is there a picture of the set list somewhere? 

Ah, thank you!  "Glorified G" was the one I couldn't really see that I thought said "Pilate"!  My eyes are failing me in low light.  Welcome to middle age...

I completely accept your theory of the case, although it doesn't explain the "Now?!" comment because "Unthought Known" was played exactly where it appears on the set list.  Maybe Eddie was telling Jeff "Glorified G," and Jeff said "Now?!" and Eddie (who was turned away from those of us in front of the stage at that point) responded, "No, after this."
  • Options
    chalonchalon Posts: 114
    BF25394 said:
    I completely accept your theory of the case, although it doesn't explain the "Now?!" comment because "Unthought Known" was played exactly where it appears on the set list.  Maybe Eddie was telling Jeff "Glorified G," and Jeff said "Now?!" and Eddie (who was turned away from those of us in front of the stage at that point) responded, "No, after this."
    Yeah now that I see Unthought was right there, that explanation of "Now?!" makes sense. 
  • Options
    merlin401merlin401 Posts: 216
    I’m curious about the people saying the new shorter sets weren’t noticeably different to them and felt just as complete.  I can buy that the length and song numbers can blend but I feel removing an entire encore would be a jarring difference from every PJ show you’ve ever gone to…

anyway I really think they should just split things into two encores anyway even if it’s shorter and then I think the change will be much less noticeable.  
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • Options
    ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,257
    edited May 2022
    merlin401 said:
    I’m curious about the people saying the new shorter sets weren’t noticeably different to them and felt just as complete.  I can buy that the length and song numbers can blend but I feel removing an entire encore would be a jarring difference from every PJ show you’ve ever gone to…

anyway I really think they should just split things into two encores anyway even if it’s shorter and then I think the change will be much less noticeable.  

For me comparing it with LA1 and 2 from 2013 for example to keep it as close to a verbatim comparison for me personally, I think having a tighter "all killer, no filler" setlist left me just as satisfied as the previous shows I caught.  Like, of course having no second encore it does feel different, but for me personally I never felt for a second like I was being short changed out of anything, or like it was a lesser experience, if that makes sense!
    Post edited by ForceofNature101 on
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,851

BF25394 said:
    chalon said:

I'm with you re: Riot Act.  That album is criminally neglected.  I would love to hear "Ghost' in particular off that album.

You two should’ve went to the Riot Act tour. I got to hear the whole album. 😎 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    PJammin' said:

BF25394 said:
    chalon said:

You two should’ve went to the Riot Act tour. I got to hear the whole album. 😎 
    I've actually seen all the songs on Riot Act live, anywhere from once ("Arc" and "Can't Keep") to 12 times ("Save You").  I'm saying I'd like to hear "Ghost" again.  (I've seen it twice, but not since July 2003.)
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,581
    BF25394 said:
    SOLAT319 said:

Y’all don’t get it. Why was UK on that list in the first place? That song is such a show whore. It gets played every damn show. 

Anyway, here’s what I woulda put down on that piece of paper:

Just A Girl
    Let It Ride
    Cold Confession 
    TC (I know this was there)
    Fatal (this too)
    WMA
    Wash
    Driven To Tears
    MOW

I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam