*** LA NIGHT 2 2022 SETLIST THREAD ***

1234568»

Comments

• SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    SOLAT319 said:
    Those who wrote song names on that paper, how is gems and rhinestones is a better choice over WASH or WMA??? I expected more from you 😂🤣
    Wow, It’s been a while my friend! Good to see you in here, makes it feel like the old times. 😂

I’ll be at both OAK shows as well as Sac & Vegas, will I be running into you at any of these shows? 

And I think Eddie was fucking with them by playing Unthought Known first before Glorified G. At least that’s what it looked like to me from the live stream. 
    See you at Oakland shows :) 
    I was originally doing both Sacto and Vegas but not anymore. 
    In Phoenix now. 
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • chalonchalon Posts: 114
    PJammin' said:
    You two should’ve went to the Riot Act tour. I got to hear the whole album. 😎 
    Yeah, unfortunately the first PJ show I saw was on the Avocado tour, so I missed the heyday of Riot Act. :disappointed:

SOLAT319 said:
    Y’all don’t get it. Why was UK on that list in the first place? That song is such a show whore. It gets played every damn show. 

Anyway, here’s what I woulda put down on that piece of paper:

Just A Girl
    Let It Ride
    Cold Confession 
    TC (I know this was there)
    Fatal (this too)
    WMA
    Wash
    Driven To Tears
    MOW

I agree Unthought was an odd choice for the list since it gets played pretty commonly, but if someone really wanted to hear the song I don't blame them.

Ed did preface the handing out of the paper that they weren't going to play something that wasn't on their list of songs that they remember how to play, so I think something like Tremor Christ or Wash is super reasonable, but they aren't going to play Just a GIrl even if you write it down 50 times, haha.
  • MM70435MM70435 Posts: 281
    jefft said:
    Only 3 Gigaton is a good sign. But 24 songs and 2hr 18m still is disappointing. Other than that, good set tho.
    I honestly can't see how you can be disappointed?

I for one would be disappointed.  Here is what I noticed.

Gigaton: 3 songs
    First 5 albums: 17 songs
    Next 5 albums: 2 songs
    Lost dogs: 0 songs
    Covers: 2 songs

I think I must be the only one that actually likes Gigaton.  To say only 3 Gigaton songs is a good sign I do not get.  People are constantly wanting to hear songs they have not heard before, their "white whale" songs.  You have a whole album no one has heard live before but they don't want to hear it.  I guess if you just don't like the album then it makes sense.  Now LB to me was a very weak album initially IMHO.  Were people complaining they played songs from it in 2013?  LB has grown on me some to where it's a decent album, but still it's my least favorite.   They played zero songs from Binaural, Riot Act, Avocado, and Lost Dogs.  Zero!  And I'm supposed to be excited for this setlist?  I am definitely not complaining.  I dearly love this band and I'm sure to be there live was fantastic.  I'm just saying I would be disappointed there was not a bigger variety from all their albums.  I for one would have loved to hear Unthought Known.  Fantastic song to me personally.  I buy and listen to a lot of boots.  This show will not be one of them.
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 -  Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.

• I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,212
    With only doing 3 Gigaton songs I wonder if it was because Gigaton was featured heavily for Night 1 and heavily nearby at Ohana last fall. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,819
    edited May 2022
    JojoRice said:
    With only doing 3 Gigaton songs I wonder if it was because Gigaton was featured heavily for Night 1 and heavily nearby at Ohana last fall. 
    Probably this. I did both nights at Barclays in ‘13. First night had 8 LB tracks. Second night was much more diverse, maybe 4-5 LB tracks? 

Probably due to the back to back nights in LA. If you did both, and they did 8 of the same track each night, might be tough to swallow.

I love Gigaton though and will be thrilled to hear it! Hope to hear some in Vegas and catch the rest in Nashville and St. Louis!

Edit: Huh, I stand corrected. Looked 8 LB tracks first night and 7 the second in Brooklyn. Still think the lower Gigaton was due to back to back nights, especially with the 24 song Setlist.
    Post edited by CarryTheZero on
  • MM70435MM70435 Posts: 281
    JojoRice said:
    I would think so with it being night 2 of 2.  I am probably in the minority but I would hope they feature Gigaton more than they did at LA2.  I really like Gigaton and look forward to hearing it live.  I remember on the Binaural tour in 2000 and the Riot Act tour in 2003 the new songs from those albums were not as well received as the the older "hits" but they kept playing them throughout the whole tour.  I have not been to a ton of shows in my life but I have listened to a ton of boots, multiple times and am glad to have some new material from Gigaton to be added.  It seems the LA2 setlist was taking into account that most people are going to both shows, thus getting fewer Gigaton songs as a result.

One other thing Jojo, UGA sux!  Just kidding!  They do suck in basketball though, in football?  Not so much.
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 -  Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,353
    SOLAT319 said:
    BF25394 said:
    SOLAT319 said:
    Those who wrote song names on that paper, how is gems and rhinestones is a better choice over WASH or WMA??? I expected more from you 😂🤣
    I think Ed picked "Unthought Known" from the list because they played it at Ohana and it was one they had a better chance of remembering.  All of the other songs on the list were songs they haven't played (or probably even rehearsed) in years: "Brother"; "Severed Hand"; "Untitled/MFC"; "Tremor Christ"; "Fatal"; "Blood"; "Strangest Tribe"; "Marker in the Sand."  I'm forgetting a couple, but they were in the same vein.  I don't think "Glorified G" was on the list.  It was also very tight.  Ed knew all the words without consulting any lyric sheets, which suggests that they had practiced it recently.  Same goes for "Leash."

The funny thing was when Ed told the band which song he was picking off the list, he showed the list to Jeff and pointed at the song (which turned out to be "Unthought Known") and Jeff looked at him and said, "Now?!"  As in, "You want us to play that right now?!"  It didn't seem that the rest of the band was aware that Ed had solicited the requests.
    Y’all don’t get it. Why was UK on that list in the first place? That song is such a show whore. It gets played every damn show. 

Anyway, here’s what I woulda put down on that piece of paper:

Just A Girl
    Let It Ride
    Cold Confession 
    TC (I know this was there)
    Fatal (this too)
    WMA
    Wash
    Driven To Tears
    MOW

"Unthought Known" had been played once in five shows before that person wrote it on the list.  That's far from "every damn show."  Anyway, why was it on the list?  Because it obviously means a lot to whomever wrote it down on the list.  That was their prerogative.

Sure, you could have put down "Let It Ride" or "Cold Confession," but they probably haven't played either one of those songs since they recorded them and likely have no idea how to play them now.

I gather speed from you fucking with me.