I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    By way of the HUGE generosity of one Mickeyrat... The Replacements, Unsuitable For Airplay and Larry Coryell, Fairyland... OMG!!!

IMG

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,811

RSD delivery from Newbury. 
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    Picked up counting crows august and everything after, AP 45rpm

excited to hear how it sounds.  Not a lot of the 90’s music I grew up with has gotten an AP release 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621

excited to hear how it sounds.  Not a lot of the 90’s music I grew up with has gotten an AP release 
    You’ll be quite pleased.  A+ in every category, from mix to cut to press.
    mrussel1 said:

My expectations are high, acoustic sounds is taking forever to ship it though 
  • garland09garland09 Posts: 830
    mrussel1 said:

I ordered it from them too.  Two weeks later it still hadn’t shipped so i canceled the order.  It shouldn’t take that long to get something shipped.
    garland09 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I ordered it from them too.  Two weeks later it still hadn’t shipped so i canceled the order.  It shouldn’t take that long to get something shipped.
    I think they are just overwhelmed and still haven't staffed properly for their popularity.  I've ordered from them for several years as I'm definitely a fan boy of Chad Kassem.  They always took a few days to ship but it's grown over time.  

Still,  they have great customer service and stand behind their product. If I ever have an issue with a record,  they send a replacement quickly with no grief.  
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I do about one sizable order per year and it’s never taken more than a few days to get to me a state away.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Pearl Jam Live At Easy Street from Easy Street records after enjoying the Eddie Fetta breakfast. lol
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Pearl Jam Live At Easy Street from Easy Street records after enjoying the Eddie Fetta breakfast. lol
    Little Seattle trip?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,643
    mrussel1 said:
    Little Seattle trip?

confirming the fall of....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited May 2022
    Ordered Neil Young Massey Hall. Hopefully the small shop I ordered it from has it in stock. Everyone has good things to say about it and it seems to be hard to find now so when I saw it online I went for it. It was quite pricey and I'm presuming it's the most recent press, is that 140g? Anyone know of any sound difference with the 2 older pressings. Not that my old ears will probably even notice.
    FR181798 said:
    Ordered Neil Young Massey Hall. Hopefully the small shop I ordered it from has it in stock. Everyone has good things to say about it and it seems to be hard to find now so when I saw it online I went for it. It was quite pricey and I'm presuming it's the most recent press, is that 140g? Anyone know of any sound difference with the 2 older pressings. Not that my old ears will probably even notice.
    I think it's been getting thinner with each pressing.  The Classic version was 200g, the next one was 180 and this one is 140.  It's certainly possible the 200 is the best, but I doubt that it's worth it to go spend the $150-200 compared to retail of $29.  It all uses the same master.  And I believe they were all pressed at Pallas.  
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    mrussel1 said:
    FR181798 said:
    I think it's been getting thinner with each pressing.  The Classic version was 200g, the next one was 180 and this one is 140.  It's certainly possible the 200 is the best, but I doubt that it's worth it to go spend the $150-200 compared to retail of $29.  It all uses the same master.  And I believe they were all pressed at Pallas.  
    Think you will struggle to find it for $29. Seems to be sold out most places. I paid a little more but its technically an import.
    FR181798 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    FR181798 said:
    Think you will struggle to find it for $29. Seems to be sold out most places. I paid a little more but its technically an import.
    I bet.  I have an extra on the shelf in the event I ever damage my 180 gram one.  Also bought one for my son when they came back. I can always steal that.  It's a record that I want to own forever. 
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,645
    New Morby a week early! That’s a good sign for the weekend ahead!!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,375
    May 30th said:
    Awesome!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,645
    mfc2006 said:
    May 30th said:
    Awesome!
    After two listens, it is a damn good album!!!
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

MedozK said:

That's the Craft recording that just came out?
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

Yep, going to take it for a listen tonight.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited May 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    Little Seattle trip?
    flew to vancouver, then drove to seattle to see Jerry Cantrell at the Moore. mopop was something to behold. wow. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Little Seattle trip?

confirming the fall of....
    confirmed. at least 3rd street anyway. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Because of a moderately damaged cover (but vinyl in great shape), I got this for a really good price through squaredealonline.  Awesome!

Bob Dylan – Rough And Rowdy Ways

Label:Sony Music – 19439780991, Columbia – C-250652
    Format:
    2 x Vinyl, LP, Album, 180g
    Released:Jul 17, 2020
    Genre:Rock, Blues, Pop, Folk, World, & Country
    Style:Ballad

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

Yep, going to take it for a listen tonight.

And?

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,811

edited May 2022
    dammit, can claim an og mother love bone for $225.....
    claimed by another freak.

Post edited by mickeyrat on

mrussel1 said:
    garland09 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I think they are just overwhelmed and still haven't staffed properly for their popularity.  I've ordered from them for several years as I'm definitely a fan boy of Chad Kassem.  They always took a few days to ship but it's grown over time.  

Still,  they have great customer service and stand behind their product. If I ever have an issue with a record,  they send a replacement quickly with no grief.  
    Finally called this morning. Counting weekends lead time is 15 days or more currently.

Mine might not even ship until this coming Monday.  Whatever is going on they have got to fix it 

Arrive today and just gave it a spin.  What a wonderful album!  And this is no "tribute" review to an old man.  This really is a fine album  I love it!  Willie still sounds great, has the chops of a fine picker, and writes some first rate songs.  Excellent!

Willie Nelson – A Beautiful Time

Label:Legacy – 19439953571
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released:Apr 29, 2022
    Genre:Folk, World, & Country