My Morning Jacket

Comments

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Also very cool to hear the song that references “shaky knees” as the fest was named after that! 

Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    About halfway through their set here at Shaky Knees and man am I proud to say I get “it” now. 

This band never clicked with me, but tonight is just right. 

It is an acquired taste for sure, but once you get it, you really get it. Hope you enjoyed the show!
  • clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 321
    Last night was my 51 (?) MMJ show and they just keep getting better and better. My favorite festival set ive ever seen them play, and I have seen all the Bonnaroo shows other than 2003. Just absolutely crushed it last night. The new jam at the end of Wordless Chorus was insane. Closing with the most metal and rocking Touch Me I'm Going To Scream, pt. 2. 

Just amazing show. And was right next to two die hard Pearl Jam fans was a treat as well.

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,639
    Yea they become next level live. 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Best live band going right now for sure. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    I have only seen them live once when they played the Newport Folk Festival several years ago. I thought they were good. But there was a group of girls standing behind me sobbing like they were at a Beatles concert. I know they have a dedicated following.

Highly recommend the band's travel packages. Did Chicago in 2021 and it was a great value. Doing it again for Red Rocks in August. Cannot wait.
  • pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,786
    edited May 2022
    GlowGirl said:
    I have only seen them live once when they played the Newport Folk Festival several years ago. I thought they were good. But there was a group of girls standing behind me sobbing like they were at a Beatles concert. I know they have a dedicated following.

That was me sobbing. A 43 yr old man 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    If it was the set they did with Roger Waters, I shot right past sobbing to blubbering
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 783
    Admittedly never really heard of MMJ until few years ago, but now listening to them more and more.  Any rumoured Canadian shows coming up?
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    edited May 2022
    pjl44 said:
    If it was the set they did with Roger Waters, I shot right past sobbing to blubbering
    Yes. Roger Waters was there as well. I love that festival. Have been a few times. Newport is beautiful - but pricey. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
    If anyone has a line on the Shaky Knees mmj poster please let me know. I would frame that immediately. Thanks 
  • clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 321
    Top five show for me, with MMJ. I am the guy in the Braves hat and tie-dye shirt, just going nuts. What a damn show!
    Just grabbed a SN Shaky Knees poster from the drop. Looks beautiful 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    May be an image of text
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Damn, that sucks.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    big bummer.  i know a bunch of folks were traveling for those shows.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Not even going to the shows but that’s heartbreaking. Been a long road back to Louisville and they were clearly excited to be back after the 6 years away. 
    Bummer.  I almost booked these shows but chose red rocks instead.
    Red Rocks was great. Night 2 was better. 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    edited August 2022
    Live Vol 2 out in November according Reddit, from an early Amazon leak. From Chicago night 2 last year.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    Get_Right said:

Always go to multiple night stands if you want the deep cuts.
    Get_Right said:

Always go to multiple night stands if you want the deep cuts.

YEP, we did the travel package through the band.  So easy and a great value.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    DewieCox said:
    Live Vol 2 out in November according Reddit, from an early Amazon leak. From Chicago night 2 last year.
    Awesome!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Nice. Setlist looks good 
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    Random question but does anybody know if the bill on this hat is able to curve or is it more of a flat bill?  I saw someone wearing it at the Jack White concert last night and it looked like it was curved but the picture on the website seems more flat.  TIA. 

https://mymorningjacket.colortestmerch.com/collections/accessories/products/black-trucker-hat
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I didn't see anything on MMJ's site yet, but just pre-ordered on Bandcamp their Live Vol 2 LP. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    I didn't see anything on MMJ's site yet, but just pre-ordered on Bandcamp their Live Vol 2 LP. 
    https://mymorningjacket.colortestmerch.com/collections/shop-all/products/mmj-live-vol-2-chicago-2021-3lp
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Nice! Oh well, glad I went through Bandcamp. Can't wait to get this.