Apple TV+ streaming finds

dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
So I've yet to watch Ted Lasso, but I have checked out a few things on this service that I'm pretty sure I signed up for solely to watch Beastie Boys Story when it came out.

Right now, my daughter and I are about halfway through the first season of a mystery show called Home Before Dark, and it has been excellent.

I think @mfc2006 was watching a sci-fi show called Invasion that looks pretty good, maybe not one to watch with the kid, though.

And that WeCrashed show is supposed to be fun.

Anybody else got any good shows to check out on this one?
I SAW PEARL JAM

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited March 2022
    Servant is AWESOME. Dark and strange, and so so good.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited March 2022
    The Morning Show is also really good.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    I keep waiting for us to get free access, somehow.

Not paying apple!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    What got me paying for it was actually For All Mankind, which is an alternative space race history story that is superb, so I also recommend that show! So good.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    I think it's only $5 per month.  Got a year for free when we bought a new ipad.

1st season of The Morning Show was pretty good but this 2nd season has been pretty ridiculous....we're not done with it yet.  Mosquito Coast is really good....pretty sure there's a 2nd season of that coming soon.  And obviously Ted Lasso is worth checking out.  And I definitely need to check out that Beastie Boys doc....forgot that was on there.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    There is for sure content I want, but I have a sort of blood feud with Apple.  :lol:    at some point I will get without paying!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    There is for sure content I want, but I have a sort of blood feud with Apple.  :lol:    at some point I will get without paying!
    Oh man, what did Apple do to get you so mad?  I remember this one time that Burger King fucked my sister.  I was so mad at Burger King, that I didn't go there for like 10 years.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Getting it for Friday Night Baseball
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mca47 said:
    Oh man, what did Apple do to get you so mad?  I remember this one time that Burger King fucked my sister.  I was so mad at Burger King, that I didn't go there for like 10 years.
    So your sister "once got busy in a Burger King bathroom?"

LEGEND!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    mca47 said:
    Long story but basically just the way they do business by ripping off their customers every chance they get. 
    Their products are good, for the most part, I just hate the company with a burning hot fire.

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    mca47 said:
    Long story but basically just the way they do business by ripping off their customers every chance they get. 
    Their products are good, for the most part, I just hate the company with a burning hot fire.

What's the story?  Short version.
    I have a number of Apple products and other than those products being expensive, and probably overpriced, I've had no issues with them.
    I don't particularly care for spending the $1 per month for additional cloud storage, but that's really the only fee I pay them other than the initial cost of the devices.  
    I also hate Apple, and the short story is they ensure that absolutely nothing is compatible with their products. I don't like being forced to buy all their accessories, plus their operating system is so inflexible, really for the same reason. If you choose Apple you are basically stuck with Apple and with the way they think your interface should be everything. I hate that! I like having choices. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Invasion is really good, as is the Morning Show. We started wecreashed the other day & it's good so far.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Holy cow, for me, Severance is now the best show on AppleTV+. Waiting for season 2 just might kill me!
    I have to admit, for all of Apple's flaws, they are coming up with some really good, creative original shows.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    PJ_Soul said:
    Holy cow, for me, Severance is now the best show on AppleTV+. Waiting for season 2 just might kill me!
    I have to admit, for all of Apple's flaws, they are coming up with some really good, creative original shows.
    I just finished ep 8. So one left for me to watch this season. I agree it was really good. It got even better as it went along. 
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wow! Just watched the season finale. Amazing. I can’t wait for next season now. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Because I can’t yet figure out how to cancel this channel, I gave Severance a shot earlier today. Partway through Ep 1. 

So thank you :smile:
    hedonist said:
    Because I can’t yet figure out how to cancel this channel, I gave Severance a shot earlier today. Partway through Ep 1. 

So thank you :smile:
    For me it started a bit slow. But after the first few episodes it gets really good. 
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    They have baseball on there on Friday nights. All these random percentages showing up on the bottom right.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    GlowGirl said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I just finished ep 8. So one left for me to watch this season. I agree it was really good. It got even better as it went along. 
    Just saw the first episode of this. Pretty interesting concept. Ben Stiller directs like half of the episodes.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited April 2022
    WeCrashed is entertaining. I had never heard of the shit show that was the rise and relative fall of WeWork... I don't think I'd ever heard of WeWork at all. After watching this limited series about the story, I looked up WeWork, and whaddya know, there are WeWork spaces all over the place near me. I had no clue this was an option. I don't have any need for it, but still good to know.
    I have been watching For All Mankind. I love alternate history shows. This one is great. 
  • Blackbird. Pretty good.
    I enjoyed Defending Jacob.
    GlowGirl said:
    I have been watching For All Mankind. I love alternate history shows. This one is great. 

It's amazing! I love alt history shows as well. Check out The Plot Against America on HBO. It's a miniseries based on a book, about what America would have been like if Lindbergh had won the presidency instead of FDR.
    PJ_Soul said:
    GlowGirl said:

It's amazing! I love alt history shows as well. Check out The Plot Against America on HBO. It's a miniseries based on a book, about what America would have been like if Lindbergh had won the presidency instead of FDR.
    I saw that one. It was scary. I also loved Man in the High Castle.

edited August 2022
    GlowGirl said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    GlowGirl said:

I saw that one. It was scary. I also loved Man in the High Castle.

I'm actually reading Man in the High Castle right now. I have watched the 1st season of it (and maybe some of the second). It was good, but I got sidetracked.

• Has severance been suggested yet?
    Has severance been suggested yet?

Oh yes! Might be the board favourite so far.
    edited August 2022
    I don't think there is a Disney+ thread, so I'm going to throw it up here (I think it might be on Hulu in the US??). The Old Man, starring Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow. I'm about halfway through the first season (season 2 has been given the go ahead already). I'm really enjoying it! It's kind of an FBI thriller/crime drama I guess.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on