Record Store Day

Comments

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Newbury hiking up those prices nicely I see. Plaid room has Grateful Dead for $130 free shipping
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Newbury gonna Newbury.

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,842
    mickeyrat said:
    Just ordered online Coral Island by The Coral. And need to pull the trigger on Lateralus by Tool. Not specifically RSD releases but yesterday was as good a day as any. 

lateralus is up now for the reissue? if not wait. they are in process of reissues.
    This is the one being sold currrently here in Australia, at stores around Melbourne. 

Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    mickeyrat said:
    Just ordered online Coral Island by The Coral. And need to pull the trigger on Lateralus by Tool. Not specifically RSD releases but yesterday was as good a day as any. 

lateralus is up now for the reissue? if not wait. they are in process of reissues.
    This is the one being sold currrently here in Australia, at stores around Melbourne. 

sounds decent enough. a bit muted due to the picture but I would still wait myself.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

sounds decent enough. a bit muted due to the picture but I would still wait myself.
    Agreed. 

They keep repressing it on picture disc which I don’t understand.  The mix is fine the picture disc isn’t. Would it be that hard to just make the next pressing on black vinyl? Seems easy enough. 

A lot of places seemed to have gotten more stock in the last few months so the pressings seem to be continuing 
    @redraw @cp3iverson @garland09 @pjpitt89 @brianlux check your pms.  est delivery dates and tracking provided.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    edited April 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    @redraw @cp3iverson @garland09 @pjpitt89 @brianlux check your pms.  est delivery dates and tracking provided.
    Many thanks @mickeyrat!!
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Were LO2L and MMJ/JJ RCA Studio thing no shows?
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    DewieCox said:
    June for Live on Two Legs
  • DewieCox said:
    June for Live on Two Legs
    And June for JJ
    edited April 2022
    DewieCox said:

https://recordstoreday.com/ has the june drop list

Post edited by mickeyrat on

• garland09garland09 Posts: 830
    Anybody seen any Grateful Dead Wembley in stock?
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Thanks dudes…Was thinking they switched back to one day, but probably just some wishful thinking from some Hoffman curmudgeons.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    DewieCox said:
    Hoffman curmudgeons.

Redundant 

edited April 2022
    garland09 said:
    yes. my spot had close to 20. $125 in store iirc.

can do that again if you like.

listed on ebay by them for 195.

Post edited by mickeyrat on

• garland09garland09 Posts: 830
    mickeyrat said:
    garland09 said:
    yes. my spot had close to 20. $125 in store iirc.

can do that again if you like.

listed on ebay by them for 195.

I picked one up on Discogs for 125.  Thanks for the offer
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    mickeyrat said:

The Mickyrat Rocks!  Whatever it is, thanks in advance, dude! 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,609
    jazzbo26 said:
    why is this still available? I know $$. But thought it would be long gone.
    Loujoe said:
    jazzbo26 said:
    why is this still available? I know $$. But thought it would be long gone.
    they have 15-20 stores? assume each store ordered for themselves.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    There were a ton at the one I stopped by to pick up some more Demon Slayer manga volumes for my demon daughter.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Still on the hunt for the Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds. If anyone knows of any links, please let me know!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    Yeah. That’s why the AAAs are gonna be left to AP and the like. Which, fine, I guess. It’s probably a losing battle. But those who care will make it and those who care will buy it. Most don’t seem to. 

As an aside, I got that Time Out 45 press from AP today and it’s like, the perfect record. It’s like Dave is in the room with you. I don’t know if I’ve heard something as good as that. It’s bonkers great. 

Nice nice nice!

61 mono repress gives me the same impression.

I'll bet it does! 
    I went to look at which one I've got and... ah oh... where's it go? 
    About a month ago, I had to pull all the LP's off my 4x4 Kallax shelving and re-secure that backing I had put on it.  There were two of us pulling and re-shelving and some things didn't go back in the right place.
    The search is on!
    Have re-aquired a mono 59 after gifting the first copy I had to a 10 yr old in Poland. Son of of former board member.....

ok. so took a 90 nap on my way back to my home terminal. Thinking would be at the end of a longish line when I arrived at my spot at 830ish instead of well before opening...

nope. walked right in to see this....

estimate 50 copies available....

also got the Miles Davis....

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,609
    Voivod. Nothingface

Surprise grab. Saw them twice on this tour.  They do a killer pink floyd cover of astronomy domaine. I forget the other songs.

I've told this story 1000 times...

They had two no-name bands open for them. Faith no more and Soudgarden. 'Hot' CC literally kicked out the ceiling over my head. F'ing awesome!!

I'll tell it 1000 more.
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    Struck out on collective soul but I got PJ
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009