Record Store Day

Comments

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    NewJPage said:
    mickeyrat said:
    NewJPage said:
    Is the dead available anywhere online? 

look on ebay tomorrow for used kids records store. they had maybe 20?  $125 on the sticker.
    Ok, cool. I figure it will be findable at 10k pressed
    Earliest I’ve found is 8am est tomorrow for plaid room
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,674
    edited April 2022
    NewJPage said:
    mickeyrat said:
    NewJPage said:

look on ebay tomorrow for used kids records store. they had maybe 20?  $125 on the sticker.
    you can also message them too. but if you dont see it, let me know. Can swing by and grab it for you.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,298
    mickeyrat said:
    NewJPage said:
    mickeyrat said:
    NewJPage said:

you can also message them too. but if you dont see it, let me know. Can swing by and grab it for you.

Awesome. Thanks much
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited April 2022
    Found a RHCP and also found the Pixies thanks to Mickeyrat.  

Proud of the haul so far!  

-Taylor Swift
    -Mingus The Lost Album
    -RHCP Unlimited Love
    -Pixies Coachella
    -Kirk Hammett Portals
    -RSD Book/vinyl bundle
    -Kittie 
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,177
    mickeyrat said:
    I’m at a store and it has the ramones RSD box here. Anyone still looking? There’s a few 

@mookieblalock still is I believe
    Thanks guys so much for looking out! I got one!
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    I’m at a store and it has the ramones RSD box here. Anyone still looking? There’s a few 

@mookieblalock still is I believe
    Thanks guys so much for looking out! I got one!

well I know where about 10 are.... if anyone else is looking. 150
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,897
    Just ordered online Coral Island by The Coral. And need to pull the trigger on Lateralus by Tool. Not specifically RSD releases but yesterday was as good a day as any. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    mickeyrat said:
    then 100 yrds or so to the right.....
    now from the corner 5 minutes after open....

Used Kids, eh? 😉 I haven't done RSD in Columbus, but old friends did. Is it Used Kids or maybe Lost Weekend who file the RSD in with the regular album stock? I can't recall, but it drove that friend crazy. 

We just did the Columbus record store tour a few months ago. Used Kids, Magnolia, Spoonful and RPM. (I realize we didn't get them all.) Had a great time. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,821
    So my plan was to get up early and go to my record store before they opened. I wanted Pete Townshend, Dave Brubeck, and the Foo Fighters 7”. But a small family emergency kept me from going in the morning. Luckily, everything is fine now. So I didn’t get to go until this evening. I got what I wanted except the Foo Fighters. They told me they had 15 copies but they went really fast. I knew that would happen. Glad to have gotten the other two I wanted. 

• Options
    Just ordered online Coral Island by The Coral. And need to pull the trigger on Lateralus by Tool. Not specifically RSD releases but yesterday was as good a day as any. 

lateralus is up now for the reissue? if not wait. they are in process of reissues.

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    So my plan was to get up early and go to my record store before they opened. I wanted Pete Townshend, Dave Brubeck, and the Foo Fighters 7”. But a small family emergency kept me from going in the morning. Luckily, everything is fine now. So I didn’t get to go until this evening. I got what I wanted except the Foo Fighters. They told me they had 15 copies but they went really fast. I knew that would happen. Glad to have gotten the other two I wanted. 

will look to see what my spot has and look at their ebay store tomorrow  afternoon.

used kids records.

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,485
    GlowGirl said:

Plaid room records by Cincinnati is going to have online sales available tomorrow morning at 8 Eastern for RSD titles. According to their website they have more than 20 of the Foo’s release in stock. https://www.plaidroomrecords.com/collections/rsd2022

• Options
    GlowGirl said:

Plaid room records by Cincinnati is going to have online sales available tomorrow morning at 8 Eastern for RSD titles. According to their website they have more than 20 of the Foo’s release in stock. https://www.plaidroomrecords.com/collections/rsd2022

this is the way to go to start being online early like this. Doubt Used Kids will have them up that early

• Options
    deadendp said:
    mickeyrat said:
    then 100 yrds or so to the right.....
    now from the corner 5 minutes after open....

Used Kids, eh? 😉 I haven't done RSD in Columbus, but old friends did. Is it Used Kids or maybe Lost Weekend who file the RSD in with the regular album stock? I can't recall, but it drove that friend crazy. 

We just did the Columbus record store tour a few months ago. Used Kids, Magnolia, Spoonful and RPM. (I realize we didn't get them all.) Had a great time. 

so lost weekend being so small fronts their bins with rsd titles and utilizes one by the door exclusively for RSD.

used kids sets up tables at aisle end along a wall side. then rsd is alphabetized using the shipping cartons woth letter labels on the box fronts and excess stock below in orher shipping boxes.

rpm lays theirs down on top of the bin stock flat..

not sure what spoonful does downtown.

• Options
    GlowGirl said:

Thanks so much to you and Mickeyrat. I will definitely check out The Plaid Room website tomorrow morning. I appreciate the tips. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

Thanks so much to you and Mickeyrat. I will definitely check out The Plaid Room website tomorrow morning. I appreciate the tips. 
    No problem, and good luck!
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Only thing I missed yesterday was the Art Pepper, and I got it this morning online.
    Complete haul:
    The Door, Willie Nelson, Taylor Swift, Foo Fighters, Alice In Chains , and Art Pepper
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    GlowGirl said:

Picked up RHCP

those went way fast as they had 20plus available, glad I set my alarm 
  • Options
    I ended up getting the Foo Fighters and Alice In Chains this morning from Newbury. I tried Plaid Room first and I had it carted but it sold out from under me. I’m glad Newbury still had it. Since they also still had AIC I added that in as well. I now have everything I wanted. Now on to June 18th. 

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited April 2022
    Me every April to my wife:   Yeah I’m skipping RSD this year.  Not totally liking the list.  The flippers ruin the vibe.  I’m getting too old to stand in line for a hobby.   

Me the night before RSD:   Alright.  Alarm set.  Phone charged.  Car gassed up.   Make a note to skip the coffee so I can stand in line for three hours…

Me the day after RSD:   Okay. RSD leftovers go on sale in 5 minutes..
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,906
    its a vicious cycle.

• Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,084
    I ended up order everything I wanted online.  Unfortunately my local record store which usually has pretty good luck with RSD, got shorted on a lot of orders.  I ended up not feeling like not getting up early for 2 smaller records I wanted that they had.

Got up early this morning and bought them all one... costs more due to shipping, but not bad.

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Why are the Taylor Swift RSDs so expensive on the secondary market? This rivals PJ vinyl. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    WildFlyWildFly Posts: 210
    Why are the Taylor Swift RSDs so expensive on the secondary market? This rivals PJ vinyl. 
    My guess is this is all about a marketing scheme.  I bet in the next couple of weeks this record starts showing up everywhere very much like her signed CD's.  With a run of 10k there is no way a large record store should only received 5 to 10 copies.  If this is a must have pay those outrageous asking prices.  Even at $17 I think its to much for a 45 record.
  • Options

because her fans are legion that exceed pj in that way?

• Options
    offhegoes32offhegoes32 Posts: 407
    Does anyone by chance have an extra of the Noel Gallagher single release?

Or have a way to possibly snag me one leftover at your local?  Having a hard time finding that one, and flippers looking for high prices for now.  Thanks!!
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.
  • Options
    Me every April to my wife:   Yeah I’m skipping RSD this year.  Not totally liking the list.  The flippers ruin the vibe.  I’m getting too old to stand in line for a hobby.   

Me the night before RSD:   Alright.  Alarm set.  Phone charged.  Car gassed up.   Make a note to skip the coffee so I can stand in line for three hours…

Me the day after RSD:   Okay. RSD leftovers go on sale in 5 minutes..
    I went from saying I didn’t see anything I wanted to picking up 3 records. 
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,880
    Looking for TS The Lakes 7". If anyone has one they'd like to sell fan to fan. I know it wouldn't be for face. Send me a message. Thanks!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    dogmattdogmatt Posts: 99
    Got what I wanted online this morning.  Not too much of a hassle.
    Art Pepper (eBay for face value), Ramones box (Plaid Room) , Pete Townshend (Plaid Room).