what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• brianlux said:
    One of our best friends died this evening.  How do you deal when a friend suddenly dies?  No chance to say goodbye, nothing.  My wife was over there earlier today while I was home working.  The friend was OK then.  And now the friend is gone.  How can that be?  It's just too much.
    I'm so sorry @brianlux

It can be really difficult to make sense of death especially when it's so sudden and unexpected. It seems really unjustified particularly if that person hadn't reached old age. 

I had an influx of bereavements early on during covid 19. It took a long time to process and accept, what with nice people being there one minute and gone the next. My thoughts are with you. 

I'm sorry to hear lots of people on here are suddenly losing people xxx

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    brianlux said:
    One of our best friends died this evening.  How do you deal when a friend suddenly dies?  No chance to say goodbye, nothing.  My wife was over there earlier today while I was home working.  The friend was OK then.  And now the friend is gone.  How can that be?  It's just too much.
    Brian, I am so sorry for your loss. I know this is a terrible thing to go through. My sincere condolences to you and your wife, your friend’s family. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    brianlux said:
    I'm so sorry @brianlux

It can be really difficult to make sense of death especially when it's so sudden and unexpected. It seems really unjustified particularly if that person hadn't reached old age. 

I had an influx of bereavements early on during covid 19. It took a long time to process and accept, what with nice people being there one minute and gone the next. My thoughts are with you. 

I'm sorry to hear lots of people on here are suddenly losing people xxx

GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    Brian, I am so sorry for your loss. I know this is a terrible thing to go through. My sincere condolences to you and your wife, your friend’s family. 

Thank you both, dear ladies.  We are rather numb, but our job know is to support our other good friend, the surviving husband.  The only good thing about this kind of loss it how it brings us together.  We will cry buckets, and then we will laugh and reminisce. 
    Thanks so much for your kind words, West Coast Dreamgirl  and GlowGirl .

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,700
    Brian  i feel your pain. 
    Love 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Sorry for your loss Brian. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    It's a hard thing to go through. I am heading out the door in about half an hour to the celebration of life for a friend and colleague who died suddenly and very unexpectedly two weeks ago. The facts that he was a young man, only 30, had just married last year, and was a week away from embarking on a several month long trip to Europe with his wife on a sabbatical from work (we were all so jealous!) make it difficult to take, but it's the suddenness and inexplicability of it that is really tough. I've been talking with my other colleagues and friends who work in the same team he used to be part of, and we all have this sense that if we knew more it would somehow help, but that's an illusion, just one of the peculiarities of the human brain. We think that if we have all the answers as to how exactly something happened we could prevent it in the future, or in some weird way that we could go back and prevent it having happened, but we can't. We're left with grief and loss that we can't understand and can't process.

At the celebration of life today I know that we will also cry buckets and reminisce and laugh, because he was a funny, sweet guy who was a really good nurse and working with him made a difficult job easier. 

I'm sorry you're going through this, brian. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Thank you, lastexitlondon , HughFreakingDillon , oftenreading , much appreciated.
    I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your  friend, oftenreading .  So young- that makes it even harder.  Good thoughts for you and those close to your friend. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

It's a hard thing to go through. I am heading out the door in about half an hour to the celebration of life for a friend and colleague who died suddenly and very unexpectedly two weeks ago. The facts that he was a young man, only 30, had just married last year, and was a week away from embarking on a several month long trip to Europe with his wife on a sabbatical from work (we were all so jealous!) make it difficult to take, but it's the suddenness and inexplicability of it that is really tough. I've been talking with my other colleagues and friends who work in the same team he used to be part of, and we all have this sense that if we knew more it would somehow help, but that's an illusion, just one of the peculiarities of the human brain. We think that if we have all the answers as to how exactly something happened we could prevent it in the future, or in some weird way that we could go back and prevent it having happened, but we can't. We're left with grief and loss that we can't understand and can't process.

At the celebration of life today I know that we will also cry buckets and reminisce and laugh, because he was a funny, sweet guy who was a really good nurse and working with him made a difficult job easier. 

oh, that's awful. so sorry for your loss. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    @brianlux and @oftenreading

My deepest condolences to you both on the sudden loss of your friend(s) / co-worker.  May their memories be a blessing to you both.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    @brianlux and @oftenreading

My deepest condolences to you both on the sudden loss of your friend(s) / co-worker.  May their memories be a blessing to you both.

Very kind words, Fifth, thank you.

I am sorry you are going through this as well. My condolences on the loss of your coworker. He was far too young. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I am watching the new show Domino Masters right now. When I saw it advertised I kind of thought "wtf?" But it turns out that it is pretty fun to watch, lol. Oh, the suspense, haha.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    edited March 2022
    HAPPY GREEK INDEPENDENCE DAY!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited March 2022
    Today I felt like the log lady, driving home from the garden centre. I had to put the seatbelt over the roll of turf whilst i transported it home safely (to stop the alarm from going off). The turf is now happily unrolled and resting in the garden.
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited March 2022
    Last night, we finally had out postponed work Christmas meal. I don't like driving home in the dark on my own so I started listening to EV - Earthlings, for comfort.  When I reached the lit up party of my journey, (lift you out of) The Dark started playing. Even though it was only a 15 min journey I was happy to have arrived home safely.
    edited April 2022
    my dad....turned 74 on monday. had a heart attack late last night. just before our big blizzard started. he's at the hospital recovering; one blocked artery, stent is in, they say there is some risk of a clot, so he's there for a few days for monitoring. problem is, he had covid last week. he has recovered, but he's still testing positive so we can't go visit him. he's all alone. so my sister is collecting stuff for a care package (hopefully she can get where she needs to go in this storm), my girls are making get well cards that are sure to make him cry. I'm sending him some music magazines to keep busy (that's our "in common"-we go to shows together a lot, and have even jammed on occasion). 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited April 2022
    Hope he convalesces quickly and you get your concert/jam buddy back in tip top shape.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    thanks dude. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

my dad....turned 74 on monday. had a heart attack late last night. just before our big blizzard started. he's at the hospital recovering; one blocked artery, stent is in, they say there is some risk of a clot, so he's there for a few days for monitoring. problem is, he had covid last week. he has recovered, but he's still testing positive so we can't go visit him. he's all alone. so my sister is collecting stuff for a care package (hopefully she can get where she needs to go in this storm), my girls are making get well cards that are sure to make him cry. I'm sending him some music magazines to keep busy (that's our "in common"-we go to shows together a lot, and have even jammed on occasion). 
    I hope he has a speedy and full recovery. That must be very hard not being able to visit. But I am sure the care package will cheer him up and let him know how much you all care for him. 
    thanks. I'm also worried for my mom. now she's home alone, and she relies heavily on my dad to do a lot of stuff. and it'll be hard to get there to help in this much snow. but we'll see. she's adamant she's ok for now. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Uuugghhh. That sucks dude, I'm sorry to hear it. The restrictions on visitations in hospitals is rough. Necessary IMO, but still awful. Best wishes to your dad!

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    All the best to your dad, HFD--and to your family.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • my dad....turned 74 on monday. had a heart attack late last night. just before our big blizzard started. he's at the hospital recovering; one blocked artery, stent is in, they say there is some risk of a clot, so he's there for a few days for monitoring. problem is, he had covid last week. he has recovered, but he's still testing positive so we can't go visit him. he's all alone. so my sister is collecting stuff for a care package (hopefully she can get where she needs to go in this storm), my girls are making get well cards that are sure to make him cry. I'm sending him some music magazines to keep busy (that's our "in common"-we go to shows together a lot, and have even jammed on occasion). 

Sorry to hear that. I hope your dad has a speedy recovery. Wishing you and your family the best.
    thanks folks. he's pretty technologically declined as well, so trying to get him to face time has been....interesting. lol
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    @HughFreakingDillon

Sending healing vibes to your dad, HFD.  You and all your family are in my thoughts.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    @HughFreakingDillon

Sending healing vibes to your dad, HFD.  You and all your family are in my thoughts.
    Thank you. He is doing well and should be out if the hospital soon! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Last hour at my current place of employment. New adventure begins Monday! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438

Good luck with the new adventure 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,392
    edited April 2022
    Sorry to read about your losses, Bri boy and ORgrl.

Filling other's buckets of love is where my mind is daily!
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    So fucking happy for you, man!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com