Cancer, and me.

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421
    hedonist said:
    How’s my Hero this morning/afternoon?
    Am I the wind beneath your wings?

I’m doing pretty well this morning. Had a real meal last night and hoping this’ll put me on the right road so I can finally get rid of the port I’ve had in me for the past two-plus months!

Anything to hang my hat on :)

Merk, thank you!

what was on the menu and how was it at this early milestone stage?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    hedonist said:
    How’s my Hero this morning/afternoon?
    Am I the wind beneath your wings?

I’m doing pretty well this morning. Had a real meal last night and hoping this’ll put me on the right road so I can finally get rid of the port I’ve had in me for the past two-plus months!

Anything to hang my hat on :)

Merk, thank you!
    I am so glad to hear this. I am sure that food tastes great, whatever it was. Keep those positive thoughts flowing. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    GG, it did, and I am!

I had pasta with shrimp, fennel, artichoke hearts and tomatoes in a white wine clam sauce. It was tasty! And it felt great to finally eat some “real” food :)
    hedonist said:
    GG, it did, and I am!

I had pasta with shrimp, fennel, artichoke hearts and tomatoes in a white wine clam sauce. It was tasty! And it felt great to finally eat some “real” food :)
    What a great first meal back to eating “real” food. Nice choice on that one. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    hedonist said:
    GG, it did, and I am!

Delicious!!
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    Keep going my dear friend 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    hedonist said:
    GG, it did, and I am!

We all know you’re a fighter!  So happy for you, your mom, hubby….keep your positive attitude cause you’re doing a phenomenal job handling all this.  Lots of prayers being answered for sure. Bon Appétit and keep us posted. 
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    You go girl!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,394
    edited March 2022
    Mmm hedo, I had something simliar last night made for me... with an awesome view of the chef wearing exactly nothing as per my request!

GG- when you offered my girl Hedo your hair, your guy's love and kindness made me cry. (Especially after the 11 nights of crying I did after Mills release) - I had to bail. But Hedo you're on my mind! How's today's healing going? After my covid hair fiasco, there's no way your getting any of mine!!! 

Post edited by Spunkie on
    tish said:
    Mmm hedo, I had something simliar last night made for me... with an awesome view of the chef wearing exactly nothing as per my request!

GG- when you offered my girl Hedo your hair, your guy's love and kindness made me cry. (Especially after the 11 nights of crying I did after Mills release) - I had to bail. But Hedo you're on my mind! How's today's healing going? After my covid hair fiasco, there's no way your getting any of mine!!! 

I would love to take credit for that, but it was Amy (deadendp) who made that very generous offer. She deserves the kudos for her kindness. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    GlowGirl said:
    tish said:

I would love to take credit for that, but it was Amy (deadendp) who made that very generous offer. She deserves the kudos for her kindness. 
    So what did Covid do to your hair, @tish ? Turn it from pink and straight to brown and curly (and longer)? Or are you wearing a wig in the photo?

Not seeing anything glaring wrong with your hair here.

Jedi, I think my jewfro or Amy's would be the closest matches. We're both a little grey; I think that @deadendp has both more hair and more grey, though. Because she's so goddamn old. :tongue: 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    tish said:

So what did Covid do to your hair, @tish ? Turn it from pink and straight to brown and curly (and longer)? Or are you wearing a wig in the photo?

Jedi, I think my jewfro or Amy's would be the closest matches. We're both a little grey; I think that @deadendp has both more hair and more grey, though. Because she's so goddamn old. :tongue: 
    I’m older than the both of youse! Still very generous offers. And tish, I agree; I like your hair there. 

Back from a hopeful appointment with one of my many docs. Back to real food and no more tube in my arm. It’s all about recovery now. 

A PET scan will confirm, but next week yet another doc will visually determine that I am cancer-FREE. 

I just want my body back so I can resume daily walks and the gym. Hell, just to not feel like shit anymore :)
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    tish said:

It may be more grey. DK and I have matching hair styles though. If you combine both, you may not make it through a doorway without brushing the sides! 🤣

And in regard to age, piss off, @dankind ! 😁
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    tish said:

I’m older than the both of youse! Still very generous offers. And tish, I agree; I like your hair there. 

Back from a hopeful appointment with one of my many docs. Back to real food and no more tube in my arm. It’s all about recovery now. 

A PET scan will confirm, but next week yet another doc will visually determine that I am cancer-FREE. 

I just want my body back so I can resume daily walks and the gym. Hell, just to not feel like shit anymore :)
    I’m sure that your fella wants your body back, too. :kiss:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited March 2022
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    tish said:

:hug: --> I hate the new emoji. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    tish said:

This is the best thing in this thread today, and that list includes a picture of Tish with an awesome mini necktie, a bad incest pun and Dan and Amy debating over which has the best hair. So, it's truly fantatstic.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    tish said:

:hug: --> I hate the new emoji. 
    Agreed! A hug right back. 

And DK, you are not incorrect 😛
    Poncier said:
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    tish said:

This is the best thing in this thread today, and that list includes a picture of Tish with an awesome mini necktie, a bad incest pun and Dan and Amy debating over which has the best hair. So, it's truly fantatstic.
    Oh, let it be known that neither of us have the best hair. There is a photo somewhere. 🤣
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    tish said:

After my little boat ride around the Mediterranean late summer 2019 the pink went to blond, turned green in the pool and when the hairdressers were closed or I was too scared to go to the hairdresser I threw in a box of brown which gave me light brown green hair. So I threw another box of brown and half of my hair burned off at the top of my head. Not only did I have a mullet, but I had a curly mullet at the top! Some of that shorter hair is pinned up in my new love affair photo.

I agree Sexual Healing will be part of hedonists Journey.Amy that was way too cool (thanks for the correction, GGirl, because feeling beautiful is part of sexuality and hair loss can lower our self-image-esteem,especially for us gals!

And Pboy - I cannot wait to hear the cancer FREE from our gurl. oh that's going to be the best part of this year and this year has been pretty damn sweet in many ways!
    Poncier said:
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    tish said:

Ponc, fuckin a! Today has been a good one 😊
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    tish said:

Awesome news!! It sounds like you are well on your way to recovery. I hope you are feeling better and can get back to your fun activities soon. Please keep us posted. 
    tish said:
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    tish said:

After my little boat ride around the Mediterranean late summer 2019 the pink went to blond, turned green in the pool and when the hairdressers were closed or I was too scared to go to the hairdresser I threw in a box of brown which gave me light brown green hair. So I threw another box of brown and half of my hair burned off at the top of my head. Not only did I have a mullet, but I had a curly mullet at the top! Some of that shorter hair is pinned up in my new love affair photo.

I agree Sexual Healing will be part of hedonists Journey.Amy that was way too cool (thanks for the correction, GGirl, because feeling beautiful is part of sexuality and hair loss can lower our self-image-esteem,especially for us gals!

And Pboy - I cannot wait to hear the cancer FREE from our gurl. oh that's going to be the best part of this year and this year has been pretty damn sweet in many ways!
    I don’t want to derail this very important thread but since you are talking about hair color - several years ago I did a color run where you run a course and get sprayed with different color powders. By the time it was done my hair was streaked with pink, blue, orange, etc. at the time my hair was really light blond and when I took a shower all the colors came out except for the blue, which when mixed with my blonde hair turned green. I washed it several times and it would not come out. I turned to Google and saw a few different people saying to wash my hair with tomato juice and it would neutralize the green. I didn’t have tomato juice so I tried ketchup. The smell of the ketchup mixed with the steam of the shower was gag inducing as was massaging the ketchup into my scalp. But it actually worked. After I rinsed the ketchup and shampooed my hair there was no more green. Tomato juice also works if you end up getting too much of an ashy shade when dying your hair. Who knew?
    ^ my sister knew. We tried ketchup!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Hedo ❤️ 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Hedo ❤️ 
    F Me 😘

I predict another good one today :)
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    Hedo Bandido and the Bayou Boyz!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Hedo Bandido and the Bayou Boyz!
    Faxxxxii, you never fail to make me smile!
    hedonist said:
    Hedo ❤️ 
    F Me 😘

I predict another good one today :)
    🤸🤸‍♂️🤸‍♀️
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    If you look real close, way out there on the top, is a stick figure, arms raised in a V, and if you squint, and the suns shines a certain way, and that smile lights up, you can tell it’s most definitely Hedo Bandido looking down on cancer’s pathetic kicked to the curb ass. Yup, it’s definitely Hedo.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    If you look real close, way out there on the top, is a stick figure, arms raised in a V, and if you squint, and the suns shines a certain way, and that smile lights up, you can tell it’s most definitely Hedo Bandido looking down on cancer’s pathetic kicked to the curb ass. Yup, it’s definitely Hedo.

I also see the Faxxxi robe. 😁 😘

Love you, Jedi! ❤️