Options

*** Lisbon I Fanviews Here 4/9 ***

Comments

• Options
    cprates wrote:
    No he sounded worse, and yes it was quite funny. However i must say that it was perfectly understandable.

well, sometimes the sound was so bad that I could not understand.
    but yes, he is in a good way to be a portuguese! :)
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    there might not have been any rarities, but many I hadn't heard live yet (Big Wave!!!knew they'd play it there! Last Kiss, Whishlist).

And teh energy was great, even Alive that we where just saying in the afternoon we were kinda getting sick of hearing was particularly good.

The portuguese are a great crowd and we had a really great time... security was also friendly (inside at least, they were messing us about on purpose outside)

regarding the sound, it was no problem where we were (front row) but my friends said they tried different places and it was really bad everywhere around teh venue...

not sure it was fixed for II (as we just changed side :))
  • Options
    I just got back home to the UK after seeing both shows in Lisbon. My first official tour shows (Astoria was the first show overall), and i am in absolute amazement.

I preferred night 2, but we were front row for this one and i was blown away. I've never heard such a loud and enthusiastic crowd. Can't say much more right now, hard to put it into words!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Ole ole ole ole, ole ole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I knew that the crowd were chanting 'Port-u-gal' I would have joined in. It sounded like some kiwi rugby hucka chant thing! :D
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    wash_ wrote:
    Ole ole ole ole, ole ole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I knew that the crowd were chanting 'Port-u-gal' I would have joined in. It sounded like some kiwi rugby hucka chant thing! :D

lol

that's the way to go mate! I was in the front rows in both nights and I was surrounded by english, american, swedish guys. They all seem having a pretty good time and joined the portuguese with the clapping, singing...thanks a lot guys! Hope to see you again sometime!
  • Options
    Hi all,

I´ve been watching you guys discussing setlists, well, I only registered to say this:

Next time don´t need to bother making a set list, just came here and play what you feel, or if you aren´t in the mood to play that´s ok too, bring your stereo and we´ll listen to your music togheter and that will be enogh, for the most of us is enogh to watch you guys close, afther all you gave us so much joy and confort with your songs that beeing near you is really enogh. :)

I was at cascais 96 I and that was the perfect show, first time they were here, great place, great sound (cd like) and great crowd too...that day I´ll never forget :) ... then I missed restelo show... and now this incredible show I had the luck to assist and when I say luck, I really mean that, a friend of mine couldnt go so I got his ticket ;)

well, thank you guys for coming here and for being so generous, voces estão no meu coração .

By the way, Ed, your portuguese sounds like the pope JPII :) no kiding!!

thanks again and hope to see you soon.

fred
  • Options
    Hi Pj Fans
    Just Want To Say That Portugal Concert´s Were The Best
    We All Had A Great Great Great Time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    my first pearl jam concert ever turned out to be the best ever....i was one of the grown men who cried during black.... the final part of whislist was absolutely amazing with us responding naturally to eddies vocals....animal was all the rage, i had to join the mosh or otherwise i would be injured for sure...:)

last kiss sanged on the sound table with eddie crossing the croud to get there and passing just a few inches from me was amazing....

sometimes i could hardly see the stage...everybody rasing hands, jumping....sometimes i could hardly hear them...the excitement of singing along with eddie, 20000 other "shouting" also made it almost seem like a "numb" state of mind.....a dream... but it was quite real, "hell yeah!"....

and still, when you think that it couldn't get any better, i look at the set list of the second day, i hear the coments, i check out some videos at "youtube", and say to myself: "if only i could have gone to both concerts..."

hoping to see them soon
    "Vocês são do caralho...", Vedder dixit.[/quote]
    "can´t buy what i want..."
  • Options
    I was in the both shows in lisbon and these were 2 AMAZING nights. I liked this shows much more then restelo because it seemd to be a "powerfull family reunion". A smaller place than the stadium where you can feel more close to the band and a huge energie being delivered all over the place. I think the crowd were fantastic, singing the songs sooo loud and singing many other stuff in the breaks. I loved when Ed sang: Alé, Alé, Alé, Aoooo! Just like we did in the breaks. I will never forget these nights!

I preffered the first show just becouse I adore Crazy Mary, Leash and baba but the second night had a great power with some songs they play less. It also had State of Love and Thrust and Comeback, just Great! Enjoyed so much Ed talking about the Cavaquinho!!!

Just want to thank the band for these moments, the best band in the world!
    With you I can never feel alone, aloooone, aloooooone...
  • Options
    The best show of my life! I've seen Pearl Jam 6 years ago in Estádio do Restelo, Lisbon, but the last was the greatest! it's time to thanks one more time to the great Eddie and his crew for the excelent moments, for the energy, the carism, the words, the feelings... oh my god! they are the biggest band of the world! After 16 years of existence, they are better than ever! Eddie, keep going! "Can't find a betterman!" peace for everybody..
  • Options
    It was a wonderfull 2 nights of magic. I only had tictet for the second show when i tured up in lisbon then went to the venue on sun and maneged to get a ticket in standing for mons show as well.fucking A
    Where all the good fools come

*Proud to be part of the Astorain crew*

#Lisbonnight#

@Wemberly07@

@MEN ARENA09@
  • Options
    This was my first PJ concert, despite being a fan since the beggining.

I thought it was great, Eddie sang with meaning and passion and not with the restrained voice I feared after riot act. Mike puts on a show as usual.

Setlist
    Come on, stop the discussion, how can a setlist be good or bad? It can only be good or bad TO YOU, there are no universal good or bad.

I loved the beggining, an incredible energy discharge after the entrace with Wasted Reprise.

I have one complaint though, Last Kiss completely breaks the mood. It's not Pearl Jam. It's an average song, with aerage and simple lyrics, average music, simple drums, everything is average. But Pearl Jam isn't average or simple, it's beautifully complex in music and lyrics.

The crowd was also fantastic, reacting to every song.
    I just don't like the Portugal, Portugal chants. It's not a football (soccer) match, if you want to praise something, praise Pearl Jam!

The sound was not so good, it seemed to be too high for the speakers to handle, and we (at least in the side, 1st balcony) barely could make out the instruments apart from the drums and the highs.
  • Options
    I just don't like the Portugal, Portugal chants. It's not a football (soccer) match, if you want to praise something, praise Pearl Jam!

I AGREE ...AND ALL THE "EDDIE, EDDIE, EDDIE...."WHAT ABAUT THE BAND!!??THEY ARE ALL GREAT SO WHY DON´T "PEARL JAM, PEARL JAM...???!!!"
  • Options
    I was there....and so proud of it!!

I love Pearl Jam for 14 years... since "Ten"..and since then seing a PJs concert was a dream... 4th os September was amazing....a day I'll never forget. I never saw so much emotion, love, energy, passion... everything! All together. I think the portuguese crows is amazing...of course..I'm portuguese, but I really think , from what I have seen from other videos/Dvds that we're really special.
    Hands were in the air all the time, it seems like the 20.000 people there were hard fans, they weren't just seing any band, they were seeing PEARL JAM, it was really special for all of us.
    I really loved it, _I was amazed to listen Elderly Woman...., it's one of my favourites songs and I never imagined they would play it... and Black...Wow...yes, I cried, but I already knew I would :p
    I'm just sad for 2 things: my camera sucks (can i say this?), and I couldnt go to the 2nd concert...:( , anyway.... it was the greatest 2 hours of my life!

Eddie speaking portuguese saying (voces sao do caral*o) that means something like "you're fuck*rs"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xa8sBLNr6g&NR

Yellow Ledbetter (the last song)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0EKQGmsKsU&mode=related&search=

(more videos on youtube, just search!)
  • Options
    Videos of the concerts here - http://pearljamatlantico.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    What's there to say that everybody haven't said yet?

It was a great concert, one of those you'll never forget!

I've been in the concert of Restelo, a few years ago, and I must admit I was a little disappointed back then, and my expectations weren't very high on this one. I must say, they blew me off!!! It was just awesome!
    The sound, the attitude, the environment, everything was great! Really really excelent!
    I was really excited, and I couldn't almost hold my tears, as I was really living high emotions.

Speaking portuguese was just killer and that Crazy Mary... knocked me out!

Thank you for the great and unforgetable show.
    I just regret the fact that I wasn't able to go to the 5th of September... :( Hope there will be other chances for other great great concerts like these!

Thank you PEARL JAM, your light really made us stars...
  • Options
    HI!!
    just wanted to share with every PJ fans my excitment!! I went to the 4th September concert...it was my first PJ concert although I've been a fan for ever!!! It was just great!!!! I got to be on the front row, right in front of Mike (and he is very cool!!! wow: he really interacts with people!!) And I got to see Eddie really close when he went to sing Last kiss.... WOW!! Everything was FANTASTIC!! It's been over almost a week and...
    Singing Crazy Mary was a real gift!! I just LOVE it....but all the other were beautiful!! And the crowd was just crazy: singing along every music, every lyric!!! And Eddie speaking Portuguese!! wow... that was very great of him!!! Although we couldn't understand most of it!!! But Thanks Eddie.
    Just hope I can see them again..even if it's just once more...they have to come here again...After all, Eddie can already speak portuguese!!! COME BACK HOME!!!
    There's just one word that I still believe and it's love...

"Vocês são do Caralho" - Eddie, 4th September/06 Lisbon

Lisbon - 04/09/2006
    Madrid - 09/06/2007
  • Options
    Hi
    anyone has pictures of the show of 4th september? i took my camera but it didn't work very well!!! I wanted pictures to remember that unique night...
    pls!!!

Lisbon - 04/09/2006
    Madrid - 09/06/2007
  • Options
    crazy_mary wrote:
    Hi
    anyone has pictures of the show of 4th september? i took my camera but it didn't work very well!!! I wanted pictures to remember that unique night...
    pls!!!
    Hi If you go on to the threed of lisbon 2 there a link in there to some fucking well good pics give it a look trust. Well enjoy them catch you later
    Where all the good fools come

*Proud to be part of the Astorain crew*

#Lisbonnight#

@Wemberly07@

@MEN ARENA09@
  • Options
    Hi If you go on to the threed of lisbon 2 there a link in there to some fucking well good pics give it a look trust. Well enjoy them catch you later

Many many many thanks!!! It was so great I wanted to have something to remember :)

Lisbon - 04/09/2006
    Madrid - 09/06/2007
  • Options
    striker_pt wrote:
    This was my first PJ concert, despite being a fan since the beggining.

I thought it was great, Eddie sang with meaning and passion and not with the restrained voice I feared after riot act. Mike puts on a show as usual.

Setlist
    Come on, stop the discussion, how can a setlist be good or bad? It can only be good or bad TO YOU, there are no universal good or bad.

I loved the beggining, an incredible energy discharge after the entrace with Wasted Reprise.

I have one complaint though, Last Kiss completely breaks the mood. It's not Pearl Jam. It's an average song, with aerage and simple lyrics, average music, simple drums, everything is average. But Pearl Jam isn't average or simple, it's beautifully complex in music and lyrics.

The sound was not so good, it seemed to be too high for the speakers to handle, and we (at least in the side, 1st balcony) barely could make out the instruments apart from the drums and the highs.

Couldnt agree more... In Restelo we sang "Alive" until Eddie sayed "Thats a great song... You do it well. I guess we dont have to do it then":)
  • Options
    Im from Madeira .. for those of you who arent portuguese ill explain .. its an island part of Portugal .. and im one of the lucky fans who were in Pavilhão Atlântico on the 4ºth and the 5ºth of September .. i was supposed to arrive in Lisbon at 2:30 but i missed my flight and so on i had to put my name on the waiting list .. finally i managed to get a flight and i arrived in Lisbon at 8:00.

There was a bomb threat in Lisbon and so the police were checking a bag and the taxis had to come one by one .. by now .. i was sweating like a pig .. thinking i wouldnt be able to get there on time cuz on my ticket it said the show was at 8:30 .. finally when i got on a taxi i felt so relieved and told the guy to step on the gas as i would give him some extra money .. it was 8:30 when i got to Pav.Atlantico and i was so nervous and anxious .. i got in there and My Morning Jacket didnt even started their act .. oh my God .. what a feeling of relief .. lol .. i didnt knew a single person in there .. and eventually MMJ did their act and i was on the verge of excitemente .. finally and i saw Eddie coming in .. i just burst into tears lol .. i couldnt believe i was there .. finally seeing my favourite band .. and when Eddie closes his eyes and starts singing i guess i was transported to another dimension.

About the setlist .. i was over the top with animal .. i couldnt believe when they started playing Lukin .. Last Kiss was special .. despite not being one of my personal favourites .. Eddie singing it in the midlle of the crowd was awesome .. then came Black .. and i started crying like a baby all over again LOL .. and when i thought it couldn´t get any better .. they start playing Crazy Mary .. and ive got absolutely no words to describe what i felt in that moment .. im just sorry i didnt have a bottle of wine to drink and pass it around .. Alive was special as well as its one of the classics .. one of the songs everybody knows and the energy surrounding the building was amazing .. i really liked looking to the balconys and seeing everybody having a great time and just clapping their hands and really absorving the feeling that is listening to Pearl Jam's music.

I really enjoyed Big Wave .. as the song surprised me .. i never thought the new album would be so good live .. definetely topped my expectations .. Betterman is one of those moments that Eddie doesnt have to sing cuz the crowd does it for him .. Leash was a great introduction for Baba O'Riley and Yellow Ledbetter completely took the place apart .. i loved it when they played those songs with the lights on .. you could really see everyone just going nuts .. and it was awesome.

I probably forgot to talk about some musics .. do the evolution .. wishlist .. severed hand .. EWBTCIAST .. Jeremy .. why go .. cuz it was all great and the reply is already way big .. im sorry for the big post but i couldnt avoid it.

I saw someone saying that we shouldnt sing Portugal cuz its not a football game .. hey mate .. Portugal doesnt have only football .. at least i was praising the country .. football was the last thing in my mind at that time.

Vocês é que são do Caralho PEARL JAM !

Obrigado.
  • Options
    Klavdio wrote:
    I saw someone saying that we shouldnt sing Portugal cuz its not a football game .. hey mate .. Portugal doesnt have only football .. at least i was praising the country .. football was the last thing in my mind at that time.
    Obrigado.
    Well, of course football wasn't in anyone's mind!

It was just an analogy. In football games you praise Portugal, you want them to win. But why praise your country in a concert?! If at least it was a portuguese band playing, otherwise I don't get it...
  • Options
    If even Pearl Jam praised Portugal .. why shouldnt the fans do it ?

Im really not getting your point as well. :s
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    I think they were not praising the country's government, just the "Portuguese experience" that we foreigners love so much when we visit.
    The word "Portugal" is a lot easier to sing. It is not a statement of nationalism but rather a tribute to the people, the history, the land, the hospitality of Portugal.

I am married to a Portuguese, visit as often as I can and I regularly say that I love Portugal - and I don't mean the government or any institution specifically - I mean all of it.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    Hello everyone!

Download of this show is available!!! I'm having a hard time downloading it. It just stops in the middle of a song.

Anybody else experiencing these problems??? Is it because of the large number of persons downloading it at the same time??

Thanks.
  • Options
    Klavdio wrote:
    If even Pearl Jam praised Portugal .. why shouldnt the fans do it ?

Im really not getting your point as well. :s
    Then say thanks, and praise them back.

Or did you expect to see Eddie praise Pearl Jam? If even the fans praised Pearl Jam

Anyway, I just think it is a bit narcissistic and a waste of good Pearl Jam praising time.

Just imagine you're one of the band member and leave before the 1st encore. Do you prefer to hear the fans singing you're name or their country?
  • Options
    striker_pt wrote:
    Then say thanks, and praise them back.

Or did you expect to see Eddie praise Pearl Jam? If even the fans praised Pearl Jam

Anyway, I just think it is a bit narcissistic and a waste of good Pearl Jam praising time.

Just imagine you're one of the band member and leave before the 1st encore. Do you prefer to hear the fans singing you're name or their country?

I just don't understand this point of view. Sincerely, I can't.

And people sang a lot Eddie's name.

It's hard to explain this atitude. You would only understand it if you had to wait so much time to see Pearl Jam (or other quality bands). They rarily play in Portugal. Now it's better, but a few years ago it was rare to see the best bands in the world in Portugal.

Pearl Jam praised Portugal everytime they came here, and this is our way of responding. And now we are calmer. Portugal is famous for the best receptions to artists, just because the ansiety of seeing them, the long waiting. And better than this, is that the bands usually Love us. Pearl Jam love us. They proved that by bringing back the cavaquinho (just like saying: we didn't forget you), and just praising the public everytime. Words just like: "We already miss you" and "Voçês sao do caralho" just "killed" every single portuguese in the audience.
    Hey I, ooooooohhh, I'm still ALIIIIIVEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I said it and I was it again: narcissistic.

Choose any other Fanview thread and you get the same comments about how they love that specific crowd, how Eddie made an effort to speak the local language, etc. Don't think so high of yourself, especially in spite of others.

Sorry but I fail to get the point in the crowd praising itself constantly as if the national team was in a football match.

PS: Oh, and singing Eddie's name, that sucks too. It's Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    cprates wrote:
    Hello everyone!

Download of this show is available!!! I'm having a hard time downloading it. It just stops in the middle of a song.

Anybody else experiencing these problems??? Is it because of the large number of persons downloading it at the same time??

Thanks.

well, i'm downloading it now and it stoped in 94% of the wasted reprise, the 1st music!! but I hope it works...i'm anxious to hear it!!

Lisbon - 04/09/2006
    Madrid - 09/06/2007