Options

*** Lisbon I Fanviews Here 4/9 ***

13»

Comments

• Options
    striker_pt wrote:
    I said it and I was it again: narcissistic.

Choose any other Fanview thread and you get the same comments about how they love that specific crowd, how Eddie made an effort to speak the local language, etc. Don't think so high of yourself, especially in spite of others.

Sorry but I fail to get the point in the crowd praising itself constantly as if the national team was in a football match.

PS: Oh, and singing Eddie's name, that sucks too. It's Pearl Jam.

You speak like the crowd kept singing Portugal during the entire concert which doesnt exactly lead to the truth. :s

Anyway .. i respect your opinion but dont agree with it . :P
  • Options
    SPALMA wrote:
    I think they were not praising the country's government, just the "Portuguese experience" that we foreigners love so much when we visit.
    The word "Portugal" is a lot easier to sing. It is not a statement of nationalism but rather a tribute to the people, the history, the land, the hospitality of Portugal.

I am married to a Portuguese, visit as often as I can and I regularly say that I love Portugal - and I don't mean the government or any institution specifically - I mean all of it.

I think I like you... :D
    Love my country, my people and my roots. I take pride.
    But, as funny as the whole "Portugal" chanting might seem, personally, I don't get it and wont join. You don't start yelling "My House, My House!" whenever you have guests, man!... :D
    "E, se à porta humildemente bate alguém, senta-se à mesa com a gente".
    Peace!
  • Options
    crazy_mary wrote:
    well, i'm downloading it now and it stoped in 94% of the wasted reprise, the 1st music!! but I hope it works...i'm anxious to hear it!!

I've got it!!! I already have that FABULOUS show... can't wait to hear it!! And it comes with some very nice photos of that night's concert :) Thanks PJ
    There's just one word that I still believe and it's love...

"Vocês são do Caralho" - Eddie, 4th September/06 Lisbon

Lisbon - 04/09/2006
    Madrid - 09/06/2007
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    crislx wrote:
    I think I like you... :D
    Love my country, my people and my roots. I take pride.
    But, as funny as the whole "Portugal" chanting might seem, personally, I don't get it and wont join. You don't start yelling "My House, My House!" whenever you have guests, man!... :D
    "E, se à porta humildemente bate alguém, senta-se à mesa com a gente".
    Peace!

I think that Portuguese is such a difficult language, and the words are so long and complicated nobody can think of a better word for 20.000 people to chant :) Por - TU -Gal is easiest!!

Actually I get a little uneasy when they chant "Eddie, Eddie" because it is Pearl Jam -not Eddie.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    SPALMA wrote:
    I think that Portuguese is such a difficult language, and the words are so long and complicated nobody can think of a better word for 20.000 people to chant :) Por - TU -Gal is easiest!!

Actually I get a little uneasy when they chant "Eddie, Eddie" because it is Pearl Jam -not Eddie.

Well, I guess I wasn't seing it from your perspective.
    Yes, it's such a hard language (bless you for wanting to lear :D!). You were there, right? Hope you had fun. You'll have to return soon to practice, hopefully at another PJ gig.
    And I totally agree with you on the Ed Issue.
  • Options
    crislx wrote:
    Well, I guess I wasn't seing it from your perspective.
    Yes, it's such a hard language (bless you for wanting to lear :D!). You were there, right? Hope you had fun. You'll have to return soon to practice, hopefully at another PJ gig.
    And I totally agree with you on the Ed Issue.

Epa! I was there both nights. Better than any of the shows I have seen in the states. I will always be there for future Pearl Jam in lisboa concerts.

Just dowloaded the 04-09-06 bootleg and can't wait to get the 05-09-06 boot.

I love Portugal. (and my husband is Portuguese but we live in Florida).

• Options
    SPALMA wrote:
    Epa! I was there both nights. Better than any of the shows I have seen in the states. I will always be there for future Pearl Jam in lisboa concerts.

Just dowloaded the 04-09-06 bootleg and can't wait to get the 05-09-06 boot.

I love Portugal. (and my husband is Portuguese but we live in Florida).

I was stupid enough to miss the tickets two both days... but I was broke. Almost had my heart broken for almost missing PJ at Portugal. Tickets were sold out by the time I got some money.
    But them, destiny! :) I have a new colleague at work who shares my PJ insanity (thank God, for the first time someone understands!... :D). I went on a 2 weeks vacation, with no hope of attending the gig. When I returned to work, she says: "I've got an extra ticket for you". Turns out her boyfriend couldn't go.
    It was the best return to work ever.
  • Options
    crislx wrote:
    I was stupid enough to miss the tickets two both days... but I was broke. Almost had my heart broken for almost missing PJ at Portugal. Tickets were sold out by the time I got some money.
    But them, destiny! :) I have a new colleague at work who shares my PJ insanity (thank God, for the first time someone understands!... :D). I went on a 2 weeks vacation, with no hope of attending the gig. When I returned to work, she says: "I've got an extra ticket for you". Turns out her boyfriend couldn't go.
    It was the best return to work ever.

Wow! so cool for you!. Wish I had known you - I ended up giving my two club plataeu (spelling?) tix away the day of 9/5/06. Bought balcaou tix for second night and gave away our other tix (to two Portuguese boys who looked like they could handle the mosh pit). Got the best seats in the house for night 2 and Ed even read my sign! it was fantastic. I will go to every Lisboa pearl jam concert in the future. I love the European concerts - the crowd is so cool.

• Options
    SPALMA wrote:
    Wow! so cool for you!. Wish I had known you - I ended up giving my two club plataeu (spelling?) tix away the day of 9/5/06. Bought balcaou tix for second night and gave away our other tix (to two Portuguese boys who looked like they could handle the mosh pit). Got the best seats in the house for night 2 and Ed even read my sign! it was fantastic. I will go to every Lisboa pearl jam concert in the future. I love the European concerts - the crowd is so cool.

Yes, there were "balcão" (first balcony) tix yet, I was told later.
    Those lucky moshpit victims! Yes, it would have been intelligent of me to come around this forum and make the right question.
    I didn't saw shit the whole show, girl... Was to far away and surrounded by 6 feet tall guys. Too many heads. Not even a quick close look at the guys. But I wasn't risking first rows. First portuguese gig ever (Cascais 96), I almost ended up smashed by some dumbass creeps moshing around, started to suffocate and had to be pulled out.
    But, last 9/4 I one happy chick! Just hearing the guys, singing along, dancing like a maniac, was enough for me. I wish I could have followed the whole EuroTour.
  • Options
    crislx wrote:
    Yes, there were "balcão" (first balcony) tix yet, I was told later.
    Those lucky moshpit victims. Those lucky moshpit victims! Yes, it would have been intelligent of me to come around this forum and make the right question.
    I didn't saw shit the whole show, girl... Was to far away and surrounded by 6 feet tall guys. Too many heads. Not even a quick close look at the guys. But I wasn't risking first rows. First portuguese gig ever (Cascais 96), I almost ended up smashed by some dumbass creeps moshing around, started to suffocate and had to be pulled out.
    But, last 9/4 I one happy chick! Just hearing the guys, singing along, dancing like a maniac, was enough for me. I wish I could have followed the whole EuroTour.

We were 2nd row front at the first concert (9/4) and had to leave after 5 songs. My husband was being thrown all around (I had a hand on the front rail). It was crazy -we couldn't even see the band, we were trying to keep from falling. We danced to the rest of the concert from the very back. (Maybe we saw you dancing in the back?) Was just great to hear them singing, live and speaking PORTUGUESE! at least trying to.

My computer doesn't have al those funny accents ~/^/' that go over the letters.

• Options
    SPALMA wrote:
    We were 2nd row front at the first concert (9/4) and had to leave after 5 songs. My husband was being thrown all around (I had a hand on the front rail). It was crazy -we couldn't even see the band, we were trying to keep from falling. We danced to the rest of the concert from the very back. (Maybe we saw you dancing in the back?) Was just great to hear them singing, live and speaking PORTUGUESE! at least trying to.

My computer doesn't have al those funny accents ~/^/' that go over the letters.

Scary! I'm glad everything turned out ok.
    After Cascais, I realized I wasn't going to fight for my life again in any other concert. A PJ gig is meant to be a religious experience, not an E.R. one! :D
    I can understand the rush of the moshpit, I honestly do. But you have to keep in mind that people do get hurt and innocent bystanders usually do.
  • Options
    Parasol wrote:
    here's Even Flow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwOD_nqc3No

about yesterday... much better than Barcelona... the crowd, the band, everyone having a great time!
    maybe i'll see myself getting pulled out of the pit and limping away. 3rd row in front of ed. way too crazy. didn't help that the band started with 6 rocking songs. no water no air and no way could i last in the pit. good show though.
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Options
    Clips from Lisboa I show here:

http://pearljam.aerofred.com

cheers
  • Options
    1vs5 wrote:

Thanks for sharing!! You have some great photos... I had to copy them just to remember that memorable day!! It was fantastic!!!
    There's just one word that I still believe and it's love...

"Vocês são do Caralho" - Eddie, 4th September/06 Lisbon

Lisbon - 04/09/2006
    Madrid - 09/06/2007
  • Options
    1vs5 wrote:

and partly mine.... *wink*..:-)
    Say what you think, but think before you speak.
  • Options
    and partly mine.... *wink*..:-)

I thought so...

• Options
    1vs51vs5 Posts: 289
    :)
    Yup...and some of yours.
    thx again for sharing yours!
  • Options
    fucking awesome gig, loved it...wish the people had let me to the very front...
    Given To Fly

Lisboa, Pavilhão Atlântico, 4/9/06
    Lisboa, Algés, Oeiras Alive!, 8/6/07
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    At last, photos of both nights and a few videos: Smile, Footsteps and the Cavaquinho speech all of night 2.
  • Options
    hey! As you know there are a lot of videos from portugal in youtube, and i found this one, it´s absolutely fantastic, it´s last kiss - night one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X53gwTr6SsU
  • Options
    That was such an amazing crowd - only in Lisboa.

• Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    wcs wrote:
    Amazing concert! Absolutely fantastic response by the audience.

Nice set as well, with personal highlights being Leash, Baba, Crazy Mary, Not For You. From the new album, I really liked Inside Job and Comatose.

Oh, the portuguese speaking moments were very cool and just drove people mad.

Does anyone else think that when he spoke Portuguese, he sounded like pope John Paul II (when the pope spoke Portuguese, that is)?... I thought that was sooo funny.

That's hilarious. I made a thread about this a couple of weeks ago.
    Same thing happened when he spoke Italian and Croatian :D

I'm listening to the boot... Black sounds amazing. Very nice show and energetic crowd!
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    TheSkyEtcTheSkyEtc Athens, GR Posts: 65
    Back by Public Demand :) with photos from the Lisbon shows......
    I hope you'll like them.. Athens photos coming soon.

http://picasaweb.google.com/thanosmil

peace
    A whisper through a megaphone