Options

*** Lisbon I Fanviews Here 4/9 ***

Royals17Royals17 Posts: 91
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam Set List: Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted, Animal, Corduroy, Severed Hand, World Wide Suicide, Even Flow, I Am Mine, God's Dice, Given To Fly, Do The Evolution, Wish List, Lukin, Not For You / (Modern Girl), Comatose, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Jeremy, Why Go

1st Encore: Last Kiss, Inside Job, Black, Crazy Mary , Alive

2nd Encore: Big Wave, Better Man, Leash, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Set List Source: tenclub.net and sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/fanscene
98: Barrie
00: Nawlins, Saratoga, Tor, Det, Phx
01: Bridge
03: Raleigh, Char, Buf, Det x2, Tor, Mont
05: T-Bay, Kit, Lon, Ham, Tor
06: Tor x2, Clev, Cin, Arnhem, Honolulu x2
07: Vic, Lolla, Tor(EV) Body of War
08: Van(EV) x2, Hart, Bos x2, Tor(EV) x2
09: Tor
10: Jazz Fest, Clev, Buf
11: Det(EV), Tor x2, Ham
12: FLL(EV)
13: Pit, Buf, Cal
14: Det, Den
15: NYC
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    great set
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Looks like a really good set. Hope everyone had fun.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    kerrangkerrang Chile Posts: 434
    I'm not talking about the energy because there's no way I can tell that right now, but just judging by the setlist it was an "ok" show, the real deal is tomorrow night, I'm sure of it.
    Santiago, Chile (November 22, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 23, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 16, 2011)
    Sao Paulo, Brasil (March 31, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (April 06, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (November 04, 2015)
    Santiago, Chile (March 13, 2018)
    Santiago, Chile (March 16, 2018)
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil (March 21, 2018)
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    kerrang wrote:
    I'm not talking about the energy because there's no way I can tell that right now, but just judging by the setlist it was an "ok" show, the real deal is tomorrow night, I'm sure of it.

I don't know, God's Dice, I Am Mine, Big Wave, Leash, Baba O'Riley, Lukin. Seems like a really good set to me.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    Seems like a great freacking set to me...

Seems like they were trying Big Wave for a while and after not playing it in most of the shows in North America, it''s been part of the setlists lately...

I'm from Lisbon myself and my little crew of 25 was there and everyone said that was sick...
    Severed Hand
  • Options
    Amazing set list – Crazy Mary blew everyone out, a rare moment for European fans. "Do the Evolution", "Animal", "Corduroy", "Why Go" and, fatally, "Alive" were adrenaline boosters. "Black" was pretty special; saw some grown men with tears in their eyes. :D
    Eddie spoke in portuguese most of the time (and he managed quite well, I must say). Acoustics were not good but everyone was so eager to have a good time!...
    The empathy with the audience was amazing. Imagine 20.000 people singing all together, raising hands, reaching out, sharing good vibes. We tried our best to show the guys our Lisbon Love. As one of the most generous bands ever, they deserve anything.

We waited 6 years for this; every second was worthy. It was two and a half hours of pure epiphany.

"Vocês são do caralho...", Vedder dixit.
  • Options
    At first glance id say very average setlist, but regardless, if you were there, youd still be having the time of your life. I say its average but id be fuckin loving being there.
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    nice set...
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,081
    as long as you're there, it's good. i never worry about the set. just being in the building is enough for me.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    THIS WAS THE BIGGIST best show I´ve ever ever ever seen! forget the fucking setlist! at Barcelona they had maby a better setlist but the band didn´t have such a great time!
    The Portuguese crowd is the best and most generous crowd! the band knows it! they felt it! and it was all on a completely other leavel last night! we were all so loving and communicating so strongly it was a real dialog with them! this will be the best bootleg you can find, hell, it needs to make a dvd...
    the guys were just happy, the crowd was just giving it all and being amasing... I love the Portugese people! wish I was one! well, last night, I just was...
    Thank you all! and thanks mike, jeff, Ed Matt & Stone, & Boom...couldn´t thank them enough...
    ..:: I wanna taste everyone I see ::..
  • Options
    conguita wrote:
    THIS WAS THE BIGGIST best show I´ve ever ever ever seen! forget the fucking setlist! at Barcelona they had maby a better setlist but the band didn´t have such a great time!
    The Portuguese crowd is the best and most generous crowd! the band knows it! they felt it! and it was all on a completely other leavel last night! we were all so loving and communicating so strongly it was a real dialog with them! this will be the best bootleg you can find, hell, it needs to make a dvd...
    the guys were just happy, the crowd was just giving it all and being amasing... I love the Portugese people! wish I was one! well, last night, I just was...
    Thank you all! and thanks mike, jeff, Ed Matt & Stone, & Boom...couldn´t thank them enough...

I dunno about that - I thought the band in Barcelona looked to be having a GREAT time to me!
  • Options
    The show was wicked! Any set to include Leash will always be special......

Ed taking the time and showing the respect to the audience by speaking Portugese was great! Even though I couldnt understand any of it.

Singing Last Kiss in the middle of the crowd was wicked too.... Jeff Stone & Mike jamming it up in a circle with Ed a couple of hundred metres away.

Heres hoping tonight is as good.
    Do it for the love of music .....
    scruff

www.myspace.com/thebarefootnation
  • Options
    It was a great show!!! Very different from the 2000 show in estadio do restelo, I enjoy especialy the attention they showed by playing allmost all different songs (the old ones) from that show of 2000. Ed even mencioned: " now we gonna play 3 songs for the first time in Portugal".

Last Kiss was great, for my surprise Ed appeard in the middle of the crowd, in just 5 metres from me. It's a moment to remember for ever!!!
  • Options
    ParasolParasol Posts: 319
    here's Even Flow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwOD_nqc3No

about yesterday... much better than Barcelona... the crowd, the band, everyone having a great time!
    --- Barcelona 01/09/2006 ---
    ---- Lisbon 04/09/2006
    ---- Lisbon 05/09/2006
    "One of the best...The Best! Thank You!" Eddie Vedder. 05/09/2006 Lisbon, Portugal
    2007:
    ---- Lisbon 08/06/2007 ----
    ---- London 18/06/2007 ----
    --- Nijmegen 28/06/2007 ---
    --- Werchter 29/06/2007 ---
  • Options
    Parasol wrote:
    here's Even Flow

about yesterday... much better than Barcelona... the crowd, the band, everyone having a great time!

Obrigado por isto.
    Thanks for this. How could I forget "Even flow"?!... Eddie almost didn't had to sing some of the "oldies". It must be amazing to have 15 or 20 thousand souls singing something you wrote. I wish I could be there again, tonight.
  • Options
    I just wanned to say that the Portuguese crowds couse and atmosphere that one cant feel alswere! Its so fuckded that i cant go today......but this wont be my last time! Tks PJ!
    Vocês são do caralho - 04/09/06 (best day of my life btw)
    "You might know this one, you wrote it!" - 10/07/2010 (newest best day of my life btw)

:'( "I miss you always"
  • Options
    Last night was the first time i saw Pearl Jam live!
    There is only one word to describ it: GREAT
    They were amasing in every aspects... i lost my voice... my hands still hurting... It was just the most extraordinary show i ever been on.
    Thank you all for it!
    i'm already waiting for the next one...
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    crislx wrote:
    Eddie spoke in portuguese most of the time (and he managed quite well, I must say).
    Excellent! Man, I'm jealous he's multi-lingual :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Excellent! Man, I'm jealous he's multi-lingual :)
    Well... He was reading, actually, he had this paper with his lines writen in portuguese. But, I'm must say, it's a very difficult language to pronounce!
    At some point he even got wicked :D: "Vocês são do caralho...", portuguese slang you wouldn't use with your mother around ("caralho" is a nasty word for penis). :D It means something like "You guys are fucking great", in a wildly free translation.

my voice is dead today, but it was one of the best nights of my life.
  • Options
    NiceNice Posts: 330
    conguita wrote:

I think you got a little carried away, hehehe. I understand your enthusiasm, I felt it myself at every single concert, that you feel you heart is gonna suddenly explode...
    But to say "The Portuguese crowd is the best and most generous crowd! the band knows it! they felt it! and it was all on a completely other leavel last night!" I think is exaggerated, hehehe. I've seen and heard better crowds... You should listen to the Buenos Aires I bootleg. Definitely.
    But, hey!! Enjoy your moment of happiness!!
    Buenos Aires 25/11/05
    Buenos Aires 26/11/05
    Barcelona 01/09/06
    Madrid 09/06/07

BILBAO 2010!!!

"How I choose to feel... is how I am"
  • Options
    Just a quick thread, because I have to leave for the second show :)
    Yesterday was my 1st wedding anniversary, and what a best present could me and my wife hoped for than last nights show. I will not discuss the set list (for me it was great) but to be there 10 feet from the stage, feeling that energy from the band and the crowd is... unexplainable... The fun everybody was having specially the band... we could tell that they were having a lot of fun with the crowd’s energy... Eddie speaking Portuguese... ALL songs sang by everyone, sometimes so loud that Ed could not be heard.

It's definitely a "must have!" bootleg.

"Vocês são do caralho!" Eddie Vedder 4/Sept/2006
  • Options
    well my friends, after "cascai"and the "estadio" I DO REMEMBER why i love PJ.
    Yesterday we all remember how to be alive.
    Some of us are the secound generation of PJ fans, and I saw kids with the age I had in Cascais for the first time, and I saw them jumping like carzy , Like i did yesterday, like i did in Restelo, Like I did in Cascais.

is portuguese is very bad, but with trainnig, and 2 or 3 more shows in Portugal it will be perfect.

The sound was very bad, to high, but for Pearl Jam anything is good enought.

well I love it, and I hope to see them again soon.
    (editing): we cant talk about the set list. I belive it was perfect.
    Some of us love the new songs, some the olddies. For me he could sing all untill the "no code" it would be about perfect...
    Still, some would be disapointed missing the new songs...

Tks, PJ
  • Options
    Glad to see that my Portuguese brothers and sisters got a terrific show. Can't wait for the bootleg!
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    Glad to see that my Portuguese brothers and sisters got a terrific show. Can't wait for the bootleg!

Amen to that, brother :D! We have to wait for so long... We miss them already.
    But THE bootleg is going to be the one played tonight. Setlist was even better than yesterday.
  • Options
    This wasn´t my first Pearl Jam show but indeed this was unique. I must say this was the best show ever. No crowd matches the portuguese and the band knows that. There were 20.000 Vedders singing from the first minute to the last of the show. The band were there 120 %.
    Moments like these will forever be kept in my mind. Thank you Pearl Jam. Thank you Portugal. I am proud to be Portuguese.
  • Options
    Setlist: not the greatest but it was played with such an emotion and strenght from start to finish that u can't really judge this by the setlist

Highlights:
    - well...countless jams after the songs...
    - ed singing last kiss in the middle of the arena while the band played in the stage
    - ed dancing during matt and mick solo in even flow, also passing the bottle to the people in the first row

The crowd was good but i expected more from my portuguese fellows, particulary knowing they love pearl jam. Some of the new material was not received as well as it should, a lot of people did not know the lyrics.

All in all a awesome show, this guys are amazing as a whole and individually but i will add that ed vedder truly must be one of the greatest frontman ever...oh man...that guy is the shit...i could not believe the level of intensity he displayed...

Finally...Pearl Jam...voces também são do caralho!!! Keep on rocking in a free world bros!
  • Options
    nukenuke Posts: 1
    Parasol wrote:
    here's Even Flow

Obrigado Parasol.....
    I couldn't go, so now I have a small idea about how fucked up it was.
  • Options
    Hi all

4/Spt/06 was my third Pearl Jam Concert in Portugal.

Great crowd, great enthusiasm (from both parts) great performance... Bad fucking sound... So from Cascais 96 (day one), Restelo 2000 and 4/9/2006... This one comes in third place :(

What i wouldnt give to live that night in Cascais again... Best fucking concert i´ve ever been in... Completly unbelievable!!!
  • Options
    wcswcs Posts: 17
    Amazing concert! Absolutely fantastic response by the audience.

Nice set as well, with personal highlights being Leash, Baba, Crazy Mary, Not For You. From the new album, I really liked Inside Job and Comatose.

Oh, the portuguese speaking moments were very cool and just drove people mad.

Does anyone else think that when he spoke Portuguese, he sounded like pope John Paul II (when the pope spoke Portuguese, that is)?... I thought that was sooo funny.
  • Options
    wcs wrote:
    Does anyone else think that when he spoke Portuguese, he sounded like pope John Paul II (when the pope spoke Portuguese, that is)?... I thought that was sooo funny.

No he sounded worse, and yes it was quite funny. However i must say that it was perfectly understandable.