What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    The Grapes of Wrath

Top 10 movie for me.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    Nomadland

Oh my goodness. I don't know what other people's reactions to this movie were, but for me, my first thought is, "That was lovely." I found a lot of peace in it. It's so quiet in its presentation. It is sad and thoughtful, and all about good people with depth and kindness. I loved it. It also made me really think about all kinds of other things, especially about the state of things in this society, and the people in it.
    And the acting- holy cow, it sincerely doesn't feel like acting. It seems like real people in real life.
    wife and I watched it some time ago when there was all the buzz about it....I loved the acting and the story, but it just felt like I had watched the middle of a movie with no beginning nor an end. it left us feeling.....unsatisfied. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    The Dark Knight

It really could've been two movies. The end could've been Harvey being revealed as Two-Face. Nolan has said that he has considered that in retrospect, but there was no guarantee of a third movie so they wanted to get all the Joker and Two-Face stuff in this one. Fair enough. And considering what happened to Ledger, that would've really fucked things up if they set him up to be in the next movie and he wasn't around anymore. But man, the last hour of this movie just seems all crammed together, like they were trying to do too much. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    The Dark Knight

It really could've been two movies. The end could've been Harvey being revealed as Two-Face. Nolan has said that he has considered that in retrospect, but there was no guarantee of a third movie so they wanted to get all the Joker and Two-Face stuff in this one. Fair enough. And considering what happened to Ledger, that would've really fucked things up if they set him up to be in the next movie and he wasn't around anymore. But man, the last hour of this movie just seems all crammed together, like they were trying to do too much. 
    Not the worlds biggest fan of The Dark Knight, never was. But that whole part with the ferries. I remember sitting in the cinema ready to leave  - "wait, is this a whole new act I need to concentrate on, or is it some weird way of ending the movie?". 

Should have ended, like you say with Batman having saved Dent but he is revealed to be two-face.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    The Dark Knight

Not the worlds biggest fan of The Dark Knight, never was. But that whole part with the ferries. I remember sitting in the cinema ready to leave  - "wait, is this a whole new act I need to concentrate on, or is it some weird way of ending the movie?". 

Should have ended, like you say with Batman having saved Dent but he is revealed to be two-face.
    Same here. And another weird plot-point right before that ferry part was The Joker wanting everyone to kill that Reese guy or else he'd blow up a hospital. I dunno....I'm also not the biggest fan of the movie. I actually much prefer Batman Begins. The Dark Knight was a great cinema experience though, which I guess is all that matters. But after multiple viewings, there's not much of it I enjoy other than The Joker. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    The Dark Knight

Same here. And another weird plot-point right before that ferry part was The Joker wanting everyone to kill that Reese guy or else he'd blow up a hospital. I dunno....I'm also not the biggest fan of the movie. I actually much prefer Batman Begins. The Dark Knight was a great cinema experience though, which I guess is all that matters. But after multiple viewings, there's not much of it I enjoy other than The Joker. 
    The Dark Knight Rises is my pick of that bunch. Entertaining stuff actually happens in it.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Rises is my pick of that bunch. Entertaining stuff actually happens in it.
    Freddy Krueger saying "Kids, always a disappointment" but replacing "Kids" with "Dankind"
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    edited March 2022
    Best parts of dark knight 

Batman in Hong Kong & The whole scene where Joker is trying to get Harvey & Batman finally captures him with flipping the truck with the motorcycle that comes off bat tank

those were both stunning in imax dome I saw the film at the cradle of aviation , Charles Lindbergh museum here on Long Island had a unique imax theatre, you were in seat , almost like a space shuttle looking up to the dome ceiling…. It was amazing, felt like an amusement ride, and that film had some stunning action set pieces 

sadly doesn’t exist anymore 
    Post edited by CROJAM95 on
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Krush Groove

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    ikiT said:
    Krush Groove

Whose house did you watch it at, Tiki?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    edited March 2022
    Solo: A Star Wars Story

Post edited by ikiT on
    Nobody

edited March 2022
    The Batman episode with The Joker hanging around Dick’s high school was bland. 

But the one with the villain False Face was amazing. The best one yet. 

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Black Widow. meh. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

The Power Of The Dog. I don't know man....some of these "masterpieces".....what was so masterful about this? Sure, Benedict's acting was good. But there wasn't really any point to this story. like, at all. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Wild (2014)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Watched the first episode of Batman (1966) with Catwoman. I grew up more with the 66-movie... so I find Lee Meriwether to be a better Catwoman than Julie Newmar. Felt less shaky acting wise I thought. But I'll might change my mind with future episodes of Newmar showing up.

I am sad that False Face didn't get a second episode. That episode was ace. Read that kids found his mask to scary. That was also the reason why they nixed having Two-Face even with an episode written for him (played by Clint Eastwood).
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Watched the first episode of Batman (1966) with Catwoman. I grew up more with the 66-movie... so I find Lee Meriwether to be a better Catwoman than Julie Newmar. Felt less shaky acting wise I thought. But I'll might change my mind with future episodes of Newmar showing up.
    Just wait till you get a load of Eartha Kitt.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    Just wait till you get a load of Eartha Kitt.
    I am not certain I will make it to Season 3.

Thinking of atleast taking a break after Season 1 for some Twilight Zone.
    Leave No Trace (2018)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    Alpine.

It was meh
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    edited April 2022
    35mm print of:

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Sorry We Missed You (2019)

edited April 2022
    Light of My Life

Post edited by ikiT on
    The Fallout
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD