Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,507
    No comments yet on Hi-De-Ho?   Pretty bizarre but I also kind of like it. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    One of the weirdest tracks I’ve heard on a long time. I go from loving it, to hating it, to loving it , to being confused. No idea how I feel about it 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    the first minute or so sounds like farts. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Damn 58 show tour! Why can’t the mighty PJ do a tour like this? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    What in the hell am I going to do with this Carol King vault?! Nobody's going to want that. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,601
    What in the hell am I going to do with this Carol King vault?! Nobody's going to want that. 
    Not so sure about that.  Depends on the quality and whether it will be available generally.  The Carole King MOFI from earlier this year sold out quickly and trades above face, last time I looked.  If this is well recorded, well pressed, it could sound really good.  She's one of the all time great song writers.  
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited March 2022
    I’ll give mine away for free if anyone wants it 

not really interested in flipping it and it’s not my musical style 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on

Geez, someone take him up.  I think this could be a sleeper of a good one.  Better than my "Sleep" vault. 
    mrussel1 said:

Geez, someone take him up.  I think this could be a sleeper of a good one.  Better than my "Sleep" vault. 
    I’ve saved $45 on my tidal subscription this quarter so I don’t feel like I really need to recoup much expense. I’m sure it’s not a bad album. It’s probably great for the right person 

• kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    edited March 2022
    Anybody interested in a GA floor ticket for Jack White's Sunday 4/10 Grand Rapids show at Van Andel Arena? I bought it thinking I'd be in Michigan for a work trip that week but looks like I'm not going after all. Got it during the $33 ticket promotion they ran recently, so it was $46.80 total after fees. If anybody's interested in it for cost, please message me. Thanks!
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852

I will always take a free record.
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    edited March 2022

Well, if you’re just going to give it away, I’m sure my wife would appreciate it.

Shoot me a PM. I’m sure I have something floating around my place that I can send your way for the gesture.
    edited March 2022

You are first. Provided it’s a US address send me your address and I’ll ship it when I get it.  I really dislike customs forms 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    I’ll give it a go. I shouldn’t be so dismissive of a legend! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Whoever gets to see Briston Maroney open for JW, you are in for a treat! 

One of the best newish artists around. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852

You are first. Provided it’s a US address send me your address and I’ll ship it when I get it.  I really dislike customs forms 
    Cool TY.
  • Daner90Daner90 Posts: 61
    Was hesitant about heading crossing the border into Michigan for one of the shows because of covid testing but with Canada removing testing to get back into the country April 1, I figured I would go. Just got a GA ticket to finally see Jack perform at the Masonic Temple in Detroit. Let's go! 
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Daner90 said:
    Was hesitant about heading crossing the border into Michigan for one of the shows because of covid testing but with Canada removing testing to get back into the country April 1, I figured I would go. Just got a GA ticket to finally see Jack perform at the Masonic Temple in Detroit. Let's go! 
    Nice, what night are you going? I have a seat for night 1, and GA for night 2.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Daner90Daner90 Posts: 61
    Im going for night 2. Pretty excited.  I always wanted to see the white stripes at the temple but I guess I will settle for just Jack  ;)
    Daner90 said:
    Im going for night 2. Pretty excited.  I always wanted to see the white stripes at the temple but I guess I will settle for just Jack  ;)
    Nice, I’m excited as well, should  be a fun weekend of Tigers baseball and music. I’ll be wearing a royal blue Tigers hat and a nice grey Patagonia button down, say Hi! And I’ll buy your beers.😊 Have fun!

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Hi! said:
    Daner90 said:
    Nice, I’m excited as well, should  be a fun weekend of Tigers baseball and music. I’ll be wearing a royal blue Tigers hat and a nice grey Patagonia button down, say Hi! And I’ll buy your beers.😊 Have fun!
    Wow, picked out your outfit pretty far in advance!  I love you in that Patagonia though.  
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Daner90 said:
    Wow, picked out your outfit pretty far in advance!  I love you in that Patagonia though.  
    Yeah, I’m still planning outfit for night one. I was thinking about my Moonlight Graham hoodie, but decided that would be a little over the top, but will probably wear it for the opening day baseball game. Maybe I should get a different color Patagonia button down, I just have the one, and it will probably be to cold for my Patagonia tshirts. 

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I'll likely be eating my tickets for the Boston show. There are seats available in every section, so I don't think I'm getting my money back.

One of these days, my son will grow the fuck up, and I'll take him to a show; I don't think it'll be this one, though.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Daner90 said:
    Yeah, I’m still planning outfit for night one. I was thinking about my Moonlight Graham hoodie, but decided that would be a little over the top, but will probably wear it for the opening day baseball game. Maybe I should get a different color Patagonia button down, I just have the one, and it will probably be to cold for my Patagonia tshirts. 
    That shirt looks so good on you, it would fashion suicide not to have another option.  
    dankind said:
    I'll likely be eating my tickets for the Boston show. There are seats available in every section, so I don't think I'm getting my money back.

One of these days, my son will grow the fuck up, and I'll take him to a show; I don't think it'll be this one, though.
    How old is he?  Boys grow up slow.  My son still frustrates the hell out of me.  Although now he is in college and has a serious girlfriend who has her act together.  It's amazing what a little p-whipping does for a boy when she is the right girl.

dankind said:

a few years back, I bought tickets for myself and my youngest (The Pack A.D.-female White Stripes-like canadian rock duo-I wanted my daughter to see women who rock live). Last minute she chose to stay home because a friend of ours was visiting my wife with her new baby. I let her because I didn't ask her if she wanted to go. it's not like she asked for the tickets then changed her mind. 

I went anyway. Go to the show! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited March 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

How old is he?  Boys grow up slow.  My son still frustrates the hell out of me.  Although now he is in college and has a serious girlfriend who has her act together.  It's amazing what a little p-whipping does for a boy when she is the right girl.

He is nine, but he still acts like a fucking toddler.

I took my daughter to her first show when she was eight, and it was great.

I'm hoping he forgets that I bought tickets because he was pretty stoked about going for a while there.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

a few years back, I bought tickets for myself and my youngest (The Pack A.D.-female White Stripes-like canadian rock duo-I wanted my daughter to see women who rock live). Last minute she chose to stay home because a friend of ours was visiting my wife with her new baby. I let her because I didn't ask her if she wanted to go. it's not like she asked for the tickets then changed her mind. 

Except for John Frusciante, Tom Waits, Sade, or Fiona Apple, I am done with attending concerts solely for my enjoyment.

Personally, I have found that the joy that comes from being at a concert fails to offset the amount stress that surrounds going to a concert.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

Except for John Frusciante, Tom Waits, Sade, or Fiona Apple, I am done with attending concerts solely for my enjoyment.

Personally, I have found that the joy that comes from being at a concert fails to offset the amount stress that surrounds going to a concert.
    gotcha. I do understand that. I often find myself looking forward to the memory of a show rather than the show itself. that way I have the experience but the anxiety is gone. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD