What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Rewatched Joker with Joaquin Phoenix with all this Batman hype going on. Great movie. The laughing got to me after a while, but imagine what it must've been like to be the sound editor listening to that over and over. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild (2022)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    The French Dispatch
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    The French Dispatch
    I just watched that too. I liked the first segment. Didn't care for the others. Probably one of my least-favorite Wes Anderson movies...but it's still pretty good. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    The Batman

watched the whole damn movie thinking Sean Bean was Alfred
    Jumb0 said:
    The Batman

How was it? I look forward to seeing it but am going to wait until it comes on streaming. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    edited March 2022
    Jumb0 said:
    The Batman

How was it? I look forward to seeing it but am going to wait until it comes on streaming. 

It was good. Pattinson was better than I expected.
    Jumb0 said:
    Jumb0 said:
    The Batman

It was good. Pattinson was better than I expected.
    Yeah that's what I've been hearing. Good to hear. And I've always been a Riddler fan and have wanted to see him portrayed in a darker movie like Nolan's. So it's cool that he's the villain in this. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    I have always been a big Batman fan (movies, not comics). It was good, but I really disagree with the people who say it was the best ever. Dark Knight easily tops this one.

And Pattinson was a better Batman than I expected, too. I just didn't like him as Bruce Wayne actually.

But the last movie I saw was Stand By Me the other night. I don't think I have ever watched it from start to finish. Great movie. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    Poncier said:
    The French Dispatch
    I just watched that too. I liked the first segment. Didn't care for the others. Probably one of my least-favorite Wes Anderson movies...but it's still pretty good. 
    Yeah definitely low on the Anderson list.
    I did like Simone for sure though.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I have always been a big Batman fan (movies, not comics). It was good, but I really disagree with the people who say it was the best ever. Dark Knight easily tops this one.

And Pattinson was a better Batman than I expected, too. I just didn't like him as Bruce Wayne actually.

But the last movie I saw was Stand By Me the other night. I don't think I have ever watched it from start to finish. Great movie. 
    I cannot get through Stand By Me as a grown-ass man. I just want slap the shit out of every candyass crybaby kid in the cast.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Scream (the new one)

Eh. It was fun but dumb, which I expected and enjoyed, but something that was particularly dumb is a spoiler that kind of changed my opinion. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    dankind said:

I cannot get through Stand By Me as a grown-ass man. I just want slap the shit out of every candyass crybaby kid in the cast.
    The complete and total barfarama scene is so awesome.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    dankind said:

That it is. 

But that’s only, what, five minutes of film?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

That it is. 

But that’s only, what, five minutes of film?
    Truth.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    The Adam Project

"...I changed by not changing at all..."

I just didn't like him as Bruce Wayne actually.

I agree with this. EMO Bruce didn't cut it for me. But, fortunately this was a Batman movie and not really a Bruce Wayne movie. 
    JimmyV said:
    The Adam Project

Kind of cheesy, but I enjoyed it.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

I'm 47. never seen one second of Stand By Me. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413

Same here on both counts, lol, though I have read the story a few times over the years, lol.

To those that have read the story and seen the movie, how does the movie stand as an adaptation?
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    The Batman, which was good but not as good as the joker and the dark knight, nonetheless it was good enough.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

Same here on both counts, lol, though I have read the story a few times over the years, lol.

To those that have read the story and seen the movie, how does the movie stand as an adaptation?

It's one of the best SK adaptations out there, easily, right up there with The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile in that context. The movie is actually better than the novella.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Again, 

Blades of Glory

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    PJ_Soul said:

It's one of the best SK adaptations out there, easily, right up there with The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile in that context. The movie is actually better than the novella.
    Putting it in such company means I should probably try and catch Stand By Me, thanks for the reply. 
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited March 2022
    Nomadland

Oh my goodness. I don't know what other people's reactions to this movie were, but for me, my first thought is, "That was lovely." I found a lot of peace in it. It's so quiet in its presentation. It is sad and thoughtful, and all about good people with depth and kindness. I loved it. It also made me really think about all kinds of other things, especially about the state of things in this society, and the people in it.
    And the acting- holy cow, it sincerely doesn't feel like acting. It seems like real people in real life.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Batman 60s TV-show

Episode 01
    It starts with The Riddler. And Batman getting drunk so he can't drive the Batmobil and save Robin. Great episode. 

https://youtu.be/FVU9MBtCbWM

Episode 02
    The Penguin! Fun episode.

Episode 03
    The Joker escapes prison and is up to no good. Cecar Romeros Joker is somewhat scary here. Found him uneasy. The clown design being used here for a mask is later used in The Dark Knight for the bank robber's. His buzzer-thing is used by Jack Nicholson. I fell asleep in the second episode, so don't know how it ended. I'm guessing the Joker was caught.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    The Guardians of the Galaxy
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Still Batman. 

Riddler has showed up for his second episode. Mad Hatter was fun.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    PJ_Soul said: Nomadland
    Beautiful! Thanks for the recommendation :smile:  
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024