Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Comments

• igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    I wanna be surprised when it happens.
    There should be a whole bunch of surprises.
    We'll know them before it comes out
    I try and not read anything.  When the movie comes out I stop reading articles.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2022
    I don't, personally, see a difference in "fun" in being surprised by a cameo, and sitting and being excited for a cameo. 

A twist is another matter.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • static111 said:
    What is this?

Can people please give a heads up on what this is before we go clicking.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Two Heroes, One Villain

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    edited February 2022
    static111 said:
    What is this?

Can people please give a heads up on what this is before we go clicking.
    m night shamalayn saying its a twist as a toy action figure. don't worry I know how to use the 
    spoiler

key for real spoilers.  I thought it would appear as a gif

Scio me nihil scire

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    People strongly suspecting but not actually knowing for sure who was going to show up in the Spiderman movie is what created the buzz that made that movie such a hit. Marvel knows this. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Doctor Strange tickets acquired. Seeing it Thursday night of opening weekend. He's not my favorite MCU character but this is one I don't want to be spoiled. 

• a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    Anyone try MoonNight? Any good?
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

a5pj said:
    Yes. Great cast, fun show. Watched ep 2 last night. 

Anyone watch morbius?  does it actually tie into the MCU or is it in the Venom Universe?  I have read reviews and it doesn't sound promising.
    Scio me nihil scire

JimmyV said:
    a5pj said:
    Yes. Great cast, fun show. Watched ep 2 last night. 
    Cool, I really liked him in Star Wars.

static111 said:
    Anyone watch morbius?  does it actually tie into the MCU or is it in the Venom Universe?  I have read reviews and it doesn't sound promising.
    I'm no help here. BUT I thought the meme with Darth Maul was hilarious.

• seanwonseanwon Posts: 264
    static111 said:
    Both. It takes place in the Venom universe, but will tie into the MCU, particularly if you stick around for the mid credits scenes.
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
    seanwon said:
    static111 said:
    Both. It takes place in the Venom universe, but will tie into the MCU, particularly if you stick around for the mid credits scenes.
    I'll have to watch it this sunday when my wife is having dinner with her girlfriends.  Morbius was amongst my favorite comics growing up, along with blade and ghost rider and the whole dark side of the marvel universe.
    Scio me nihil scire

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    The Venom movies look awful. Hopefully, Tom Hardy is having fun with that work in the same way that Cate Blanchett had a blast with Crystal Skull.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    dankind said:
    The Venom movies look awful. Hopefully, Tom Hardy is having fun with that work in the same way that Cate Blanchett had a blast with Crystal Skull.
    I tried to watch the first one and turned off quickly.  Trash, imo.  Love Tom Hardy, but more the Bronson/Fury Road/Warrior/Legend Hardy.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    dankind said:
    I tried to watch the first one and turned off quickly.  Trash, imo.  Love Tom Hardy, but more the Bronson/Fury Road/Warrior/Legend Hardy.
    His accent and voice just in the post-credit scene after No Way Home was intolerable. Can't imagine an entire movie. 

• Anyone seeing Dr. Strange this weekend?

I think it'll be a huge drop off from Spiderman but better than the Eternals. Time will tell.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Just got home from Dr Strange.   

That was nuts.  Mind bending film for sure.  
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Just got back from Dr Strange too. A bit of a headfuck for a 10am showing that’s for sure!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    edited May 2022
    Saw Doctor Strange last night. Gonna need to chew on this one for awhile. I liked it enough in the theater but a few things bugged me. The choice of villain was odd and completely unexpected, not really in a good way. One major thing I expected to happen, one that honestly was what had me excited to see this, didn't happen. And Strange as a character is better in a supporting role - Infinity War, No Way Home - than as the star of his own film. 

On the other hand, Marvel has done a fantastic job here of tying elements from its Disney+ shows into its movie universe. That was great to see. And I liked the Ms. Marvel character very much. 
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited May 2022
    I can’t properly rate the film to be honest.  It was way way different than what I expected the plot to be.  Basically like expecting and being excited for a certain album and a band puts out something totally different.  I didn’t dislike the film tho..
    This one isn't aging well the more I think about it. 

• Sam Raimi really makes a fun movie. He giveth and taketh away. Bummed there wasn't more tie in with the other movies from last year, but we're only getting started on this phase, so we'll have to wait a bit longer for an Avangers-type of ensemble movie.  7.5/10. I'll probably go again before it leaves theaters.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    JimmyV said:
    Hmm.... I'm curious enough to go see it. Maybe double-feature it with something else going. 

But it seems to be somewhat polarising. 

I have no problems supporting Sam Raimi though.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    JimmyV said:
    Hmm.... I'm curious enough to go see it. Maybe double-feature it with something else going. 

But it seems to be somewhat polarising. 

I have no problems supporting Sam Raimi though.
    I think the Raimi elements are its best parts. It's not a bad movie, really. I'm just not sure it is the movie that was hyped or that  I was expecting based on that hype. It definitely is the movie that was advertised, though, because a stunning amount of it can be seen in the trailers. 

JimmyV said:
    And I liked the Ms. Marvel character very much. 
    Apparently that wasn't Ms. Marvel? I'm confused. 

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    Which character do you mean? America Chavez? I thought she was pretty kick ass in the movie.

Ms Marvel is going to be a Disney+ show starting in June
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    Which character do you mean? America Chavez? I thought she was pretty kick ass in the movie.

Ms Marvel is going to be a Disney+ show starting in June
    Yeah I thought America was Ms. Marvel. I liked her too but didn't realize they were two different characters.