Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Comments

• goldrush said:
    I watched this without sound and was happily surprised that the guy from New Girl was in this.  Then I listened w sound and was deeply disappointed.

The jewish boy born in Chicago now has a British accent.  

I don't care for too much tampering w the OG design but I will give it a chance...
    It's not the guy from New Girl, but instead Oscar Isaac. The guy who played Poe in the JJ Abrams Star Wars trilogy.

Should be really fun.
  • goldrush said:
    I watched this without sound and was happily surprised that the guy from New Girl was in this.  Then I listened w sound and was deeply disappointed.

I don't care for too much tampering w the OG design but I will give it a chance...
    It's not the guy from New Girl, but instead Oscar Isaac. The guy who played Poe in the JJ Abrams Star Wars trilogy.

Should be really fun.
    I know who he is now, first glance he looked like Jake Johnson.  When listening to his voice I knew it wasn't him, lol.

I'm going to guess that they make his alter ego Steve Grant a Britt and make Marc Spector the Chicagoin?

There is no way they deviated off the original comic that far to make him all British, would they, hmmmm?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    goldrush said:

https://consequence.net/2022/01/r-i-p-gaspard-ulliel/?fbclid=IwAR3vQX2Khp4fH9ncWX57WnDmMz2AbFaMahTy6u7Q80xX_vLWIEap0oRThLI

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • goldrush said:

https://consequence.net/2022/01/r-i-p-gaspard-ulliel/?fbclid=IwAR3vQX2Khp4fH9ncWX57WnDmMz2AbFaMahTy6u7Q80xX_vLWIEap0oRThLI

Well that sucks...
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I'm surprised Disney wants to put those very R-rated shows on Disney+. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV said:
    Deadpool?
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    igotid88 said:
    Really hope they bring back Daredevil and The Punisher. Those were the 2 best out of the Netflix shows...
  • JimmyV said:
    They have their de facto Fox section ”Star”
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    igotid88 said:
    Really hope they bring back Daredevil and The Punisher. Those were the 2 best out of the Netflix shows...
    I really liked JJ, too.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    igotid88 said:

Hopefully this means that the actors will cross over for future MCU appearances, like Daredevil and Fisk have. I really like Krysten Ritter and Mike Colter, and Jon Bernthal was born to play The Punisher. Rosario Dawson is always excellent too.

I watched Iron Fist for the first time this week, I'd avoided it because of the awful reviews. It's easily the worst of the Defenders shows but it wasn't as bad as I expected and it was good to complete all of the Netflix series.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    There are a lot of surprises in the new Dr Strange poster

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • The trailer was nice. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • The trailer was nice. 
    I'm not a fan of this multiverse thing...
    JimmyV said:
    Not in the U.S. 

• JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    Not in the U.S. 
    So, where are Die Hard and Broken Arrow and such Fox movies? On other streaming services?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2022
    The trailer was nice. 
    I'm not a fan of this multiverse thing...
    I get that. Could be tiresome. WIll become that for me post Dr Strange I think.

I wish they would have made No Way Home a bit stronger script/film wise... but whatever, felt like a Superbowl Halftime show of a movie. It is what it is. I enjoyed seeing Garfield again. Acted the shit out of everyone in that film. 

But I give a Sam Raimi directed multiverse-film a shot. Especially with the rumored cameos. But I hope it has the feel of being shot on a set and not just greenscreen and universe-ripping effects.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    goldrush said:

Trailer looked good and I really enjoyed the first movie. First post Endgame Marvel movie I'm really excited for. I love Cumberbatch in that role.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    igotid88 said:
    I hear Daredevil might show up in She-Hulk or one of the other shows coming up
    I miss igotid88
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    Not in the U.S. 
    R rated movies will probably be on Hulu which Disney owns as well
    I miss igotid88
    tbergs said:
    goldrush said:

Trailer looked good and I really enjoyed the first movie. First post Endgame Marvel movie I'm really excited for. I love Cumberbatch in that role.
    The mystery voice at the end of the trailer...was that Patrick Stewart?

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    JimmyV said:
    tbergs said:
    goldrush said:

Mike Tyson
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JimmyV said:
    tbergs said:
    goldrush said:

Yes, he is on one of the high councils.
  • JimmyV said:
    tbergs said:
    goldrush said:

The Illuminati were a covert think-tank originally consisting of Mister Fantastic, Iron Man, Professor X, Doctor Strange, Black Bolt, and Namor. They met in secret for a number of years sharing information and strategy, operating relatively successfully initially, despite their unique traits and considerable differences in nearly every way.

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • More cameos than are known/leaked so far, leaking soon:

• I heard that Wolverine is coming!
    I wanna be surprised when it happens.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:
    There should be a whole bunch of surprises.
    igotid88 said:
    There should be a whole bunch of surprises.
    We'll know them before it comes out
    I miss igotid88