PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    edited February 2022
    And can't bet on the Phillies or any baseball for that matter so this is the best we've got right now for this thread!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    You're confusing us for Fishtown. South Philly is probably the most mature, built out, dense, least vacated land in the city outside of CC. I like this let's put money on it. I'm telling you - that's not a shell to be bulldozed. It's a 1700 sq ft house with a driveway. If the actual house was falling down maybe. They're gonna gut it and rehab. The ceiling is drop ceiling for chrissakes, the developers will love that.

To demo this place and then build new will cost more time and money than to renovate, I promise you that. And developers will do what's cheaper and quicker. They'll slap up new sheetrock, fancy new appliances, put those shitty iron steps in that have spaces between the steps, which I don't get why people buy those places, drives me nuts.

Money, cheesesteaks, roast porks, hoagies, 401ks, whatever it is let's do it.
    For one, I don’t buy for a second that it’s actually 1700 square feet. Both buildings on either side have been rebuilt. I think it gets knocked down and have you see all the stuff that’s been knocked down and rebuilt recently. 

Let’s do a bar tab. We’ll go out once it starts happening and loser picks up the tab 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    That could be pricey - wanna hear how this one plays out!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    You're confusing us for Fishtown. South Philly is probably the most mature, built out, dense, least vacated land in the city outside of CC. I like this let's put money on it. I'm telling you - that's not a shell to be bulldozed. It's a 1700 sq ft house with a driveway. If the actual house was falling down maybe. They're gonna gut it and rehab. The ceiling is drop ceiling for chrissakes, the developers will love that.

To demo this place and then build new will cost more time and money than to renovate, I promise you that. And developers will do what's cheaper and quicker. They'll slap up new sheetrock, fancy new appliances, put those shitty iron steps in that have spaces between the steps, which I don't get why people buy those places, drives me nuts.

For one, I don’t buy for a second that it’s actually 1700 square feet. Both buildings on either side have been rebuilt. I think it gets knocked down and have you see all the stuff that’s been knocked down and rebuilt recently. 

Let’s do a bar tab. We’ll go out once it starts happening and loser picks up the tab 
    YES - whatever good Dry January did will be long gone out the window.

Things were cheaper in 2009! And have you seen the price of wood?
    Ughhhhh Baltimore PJ show cancelled. Bummed. Better get some goddamn Philly dates now!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Date conflict?  I didn't see that.  It was my trade show for the 2nd pair of msg seats

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Ughhhhh Baltimore PJ show cancelled. Bummed. Better get some goddamn Philly dates now!
    That's bullshit.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Where are you seeing that? I did see a notice that something was cancelled in my Apple Wallet

Lol jesus...how the hell did you find this?

I'm a creep when it comes to neighborhood shit. I'll do L&I searches, owner history, etc etc. But this is just Google map, you can change the year of the street view map.

Where are you seeing that? I did see a notice that something was cancelled in my Apple Wallet
    It's now on the main website, the latest announcement. The venue is going under renovations (not knocking it down!). I haven't received a cancellation notification yet from Ticketmaster, but assume it's coming.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Date conflict?  I didn't see that.  It was my trade show for the 2nd pair of msg seats

Venue renovations.

https://pearljam.com/news/baltimore-show-cancellation

BALTIMORE SHOW CANCELLATION

NEWS FEBRUARY 7 2022

We are disappointed to share that we have had to cancel the previously postponed Baltimore, MD show. The building is closing for upcoming renovations and is unable to reschedule a new date. We cannot announce any new ticketing options at this time but hope to be able to take care of fans impacted by this cancellation in the future. 

All ticket holders will receive an email with refund information.

edited February 2022

I'm a creep when it comes to neighborhood shit. I'll do L&I searches, owner history, etc etc. But this is just Google map, you can change the year of the street view map.

It's now on the main website, the latest announcement. The venue is going under renovations (not knocking it down!). I haven't received a cancellation notification yet from Ticketmaster, but assume it's coming.
    Right..I guess just scrolling through the years you can find it, but that's wild.

And yeah, that blows on Baltimore. I've had to stare at these tickets in my Apple Wallet for 2 years and it just gets cancelled like that. Dumb!  hahaha, i also see what you did there on the renovations...good work.
    Haha, yeah pretty coincidental that one of the year's pics is the property being redone.

Suuuuper bummed about this show. This rumored Philly show that was supposed to happen prior to the election better still be happening!
    Fucking annoyed about Baltimore. Was looking forward to getting down there and having a good weekend 
    Yeah man, so bummed, big fan of Charm City. I gotta assume there will be tix for this MSG show. Maybe hit up America's Hat and do Ottawa or Quebec.

Sounds like the deal is NA makeup shows, Europe, working on new album. Then I have a feeling they go big touring in 2023.

But seriously, they gotta squeeze a Philly show in here somewhere. This is brutal.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Last Philly show: Ten played on 4/29/16
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Fucking annoyed about Baltimore. Was looking forward to getting down there and having a good weekend 

The worst is that I talked my friends into Baltimore when they were preferring MSG. I said we've been there so many times (including multiple times for PJ) that we should change it up. They agreed, and now I feel like an douche. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Depressing.
    Damn - 6 days, crazy. The quicker they work the more I think they're not tearing it all down.

I am so goddamn glad I am not trying to buy a house right now.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Fucking annoyed about Baltimore. Was looking forward to getting down there and having a good weekend 

The worst is that I talked my friends into Baltimore when they were preferring MSG. I said we've been there so many times (including multiple times for PJ) that we should change it up. They agreed, and now I feel like an douche. 
    Man, you shouldn't feel like a Douche. No one could've predicted a Pandemic.

I was right there with you: I said to my friend If I can only get us tickets to one of those shows, it would be for Baltimore and he agreed. Baltimore Venue was better than MSG(smaller with very good acoustics). I got LUCKY and won 10 C Lottery tickets for the Baltimore show. SUCKS for all of us.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,172
    Longest stretch between shows since band started.  At least the last one was the best.   Plus Sea Hear Now helped with the withdrawal a bit.  
  • cutz said:

I was right there with you: I said to my friend If I can only get us tickets to one of those shows, it would be for Baltimore and he agreed. Baltimore Venue was better than MSG(smaller with very good acoustics). I got LUCKY and won 10 C Lottery tickets for the Baltimore show. SUCKS for all of us.
    Well maybe not a douche, but still, I pushed for Baltimore. Just bad luck for all of us that got tickets to that show. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    edited February 2022
    cutz said:

Same - had sweet 10C tix. Definitely wanted this one.

And yeah definitely shouldn't feel stupid - considering a once in 100 year global pandemic, plus it's the only show getting cancelled due to venue-specific renovations.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • I’m actually a little angry that they just cancelled it. No alternate venues available? What about the Wizards basketball arena? Or any alternate sort of thing where those of us with tickets can have them honored elsewhere, with the option of a refund if you can’t attend the new show. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    I’m actually a little angry that they just cancelled it. No alternate venues available? What about the Wizards basketball arena? Or any alternate sort of thing where those of us with tickets can have them honored elsewhere, with the option of a refund if you can’t attend the new show. 

yeah kinda sucks ass. I thought DC or philly or maybe Merriweather Post Pavilion. Still waiting to get my refund back. Still haven't gotten an email about the cancellation (from either PJ or ticketmaster). Although when i went onto ticketmaster's website about it they said could take like 30 days to get the refund :neutral:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    This Eddie album sure is polished. So far I give it an "OK, yeah, it's fine, decent." Favorite song is probably "On My Way", though wish it was longer. Wild he was able to get his dad's vocals on it.

I'll say this - I think having Watt on the next album will be a big plus.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I think it's alright minus the middle three songs, especially The Haves. Fuck The Haves. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Watt is joining pj for a record?
    I love watt, that's cool.
    Andrew Watt. Not Mike Watt, in case there's confusion.