Dave Matthews Band

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    I haven’t heard anything about Dave’s opinion, but picking on the band (and mainly their fans) is some pretty low hanging fruit and relatable to many, so I’m sure that’s why they went that way. 

I’m sure Harmon hates them, but I get the impression he hates most things. 
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I haven’t heard anything about Dave’s opinion, but picking on the band (and mainly their fans) is some pretty low hanging fruit and relatable to many, so I’m sure that’s why they went that way. 

I’m sure Harmon hates them, but I get the impression he hates most things. 
    Do you have any links to back up Harmon's hatred for him? I just figured they used "Dave" (as real fans call him ;)) to establish the age of the ACB, plus have used Ants Marching in several episodes. Since Jeff is the cool guy on the show, and is a fan, that may open the band up to viewers of the show that might not have given them a second thought. I never once got the impression that they were picking on the band; it's actually a well written show. Possibly my favorite show of the 2010s.
    Oh, it’s the best show. 

No link about Harmon. I’m just throwing that out there because of his personality (well at the time). 
    Also, according to Rashawn’s IG, the band is in the final stages of the record (recording orchestral parts). Wouldn’t be surprised if something is out by tour time. 
    Though going off tour dates, I’m wondering if it drops Mid October. Big gap in there for doing promotion or something. 
    If memory serves, that's why they did the Dave & Carter session, b/c he was already there recording his parts. I don't really follow that kind of stuff too closely in case the project gets scrapped or whatever. Hopefully soon though from the sounds of it!
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Though going off tour dates, I’m wondering if it drops Mid October. Big gap in there for doing promotion or something. 
    Another record already? Very impressive.  I really liked the last one. 
    I guess. Don’t know if it’s a from the ground up record or if they are reworking tracks they’ve recorded in the past 15 years again. It may be that since the 2 albums worth of Batson demos leaked a year or 2 ago. 
    Instant ticketing is open.  I just scored 2 GA at Merriweather. 
    mrussel1 said:
    Considering that I can still enter the monthly contests no longer a WH member, I thought I'd try this as well. I made it to the payment page, so I'm guessing it would have let me finish? I don't have this year's downloads though, unless they're hidden somewhere. Not that I expect to or should, just saying that I figured all of my access would have been cut off when I didn't renew. Oh, and I still get the shop discount, and maybe some other perks that I can't think of right now.
    mrussel1 said:
    Considering that I can still enter the monthly contests no longer a WH member, I thought I'd try this as well. I made it to the payment page, so I'm guessing it would have let me finish? I don't have this year's downloads though, unless they're hidden somewhere. Not that I expect to or should, just saying that I figured all of my access would have been cut off when I didn't renew. Oh, and I still get the shop discount, and maybe some other perks that I can't think of right now.
    Which show were you considering?
    I just picked a random show to see if I had access. They aren't playing anywhere close to me and all of my PTO is spoken for this year. I honestly didn't think any of the larger bands would be touring until next year. And silly me got rid of my GNR tickets LOL. I'm sure I'll live though.
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    Going solo to a show in Grand Rapids. Sold off a pair of WH tickets (face value, obviously) and now i have two options:

1. Do I hold out for instant drops? (for non DMB fan club members, think of these as "we didn't sell out all our fan club tickets, so we drop them randomly for fan club members to snag). I just have no clue when the instant drops are!
    2. They released side stage view and there is literally row 1, seat A. It however, it side stage and comes with the *side stage warning*

There are other single seats, but those two options give me the best seating locations.

Thoughts?
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

Gibson said:
    Going solo to a show in Grand Rapids. Sold off a pair of WH tickets (face value, obviously) and now i have two options:

1. Do I hold out for instant drops? (for non DMB fan club members, think of these as "we didn't sell out all our fan club tickets, so we drop them randomly for fan club members to snag). I just have no clue when the instant drops are!
    2. They released side stage view and there is literally row 1, seat A. It however, it side stage and comes with the *side stage warning*

There are other single seats, but those two options give me the best seating locations.

Thoughts?
    I'm pretty sure the instant ticketing is over.  I picked up 2 GA to Merriweather a few weeks ago through that process.  Now maybe the Grand Rapids series instant ticketing didn't happen yet?  I don't recall the email only saying it was series one or anything.  

Side stage is cool unless there is a bunch of equipment in the way.  Is it not at an ampitheater?  
    mrussel1 said:
    Gibson said:

Thoughts?
    I'm pretty sure the instant ticketing is over.  I picked up 2 GA to Merriweather a few weeks ago through that process.  Now maybe the Grand Rapids series instant ticketing didn't happen yet?  I don't recall the email only saying it was series one or anything.  

Side stage is cool unless there is a bunch of equipment in the way.  Is it not at an ampitheater?  
    It's the Van Andel Arena. Show is in November, so it's indoors now. 

And I'm not great with instants, but I think there's a few more shows (another series) to come. I could be wrong, however - I need to pay more attention to those drops and how they work.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

Gibson said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Gibson said:

Thoughts?

And I'm not great with instants, but I think there's a few more shows (another series) to come. I could be wrong, however - I need to pay more attention to those drops and how they work.
    You get an email so then you hit it.  I've scored on those for the last several years.  You get great seats that way.  Side stage, if directly on the side and not side/back are good.  It's a cool angle once in a while.  
    mrussel1 said:
    Gibson said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Gibson said:

Thoughts?

You get an email so then you hit it.  I've scored on those for the last several years.  You get great seats that way.  Side stage, if directly on the side and not side/back are good.  It's a cool angle once in a while.  
    Thanks - I get that part of the instant process. I'm more blind to the timing of drops. I never know when they're coming, where other WHers have it down to a science. I'm thinking i should just pull the trigger on the side stage...

Gibson said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Gibson said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Gibson said:

Thoughts?

Thanks - I get that part of the instant process. I'm more blind to the timing of drops. I never know when they're coming, where other WHers have it down to a science. I'm thinking i should just pull the trigger on the side stage...
    If they know when it's coming, they must have some inside info.  I have never seen or figured out a pattern to it.  I just always open any DMB email that comes, as soon as it comes. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Love the way this band tours.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    JimmyV said:
    Love the way this band tours.
    I just saw their summer tour, wow, crazy that they still do it this way. Kudos to them and their lucky fan base.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
    I love it too.  They are locked in all summer, every summer.  It feels like they will be doing this for another 15-20 years so long as Carter can hold up.  He's already 63.  
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Hey all, is the Live At Luther set super pricey? 
    www.cluthelee.com
    I saw Dave and Tim at Mizzou back in 1998 on campus - still one of the best live performances I've ever seen. I ended up seeing Tim solo some years later and that dude did some FILTHY things with an acoustic guitar! Whoa!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Yes unfortunately.  Even the black has skyrocketed.  I was going to get one for my son for Christmas and then said.. nope.  Even Red Rocks has exploded. 
    edited February 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes unfortunately.  Even the black has skyrocketed.  I was going to get one for my son for Christmas and then said.. nope.  Even Red Rocks has exploded. 
     Minarets and Warehouse off that are amazing! I see one for $$$ on Discogs. I should have picked one up at RSD when I had the chance. I think it was $40 at the time. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Is Luther widely considered the best performances from them during that period? Or are there shows considered to be even better? 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Is Luther widely considered the best performances from them during that period? Or are there shows considered to be even better? 
    Probably the best D&T performance, but there's only been a few from that tour released.  But Richmond 1996, Hampton 1996 and Charleston are all out there and fantastic.  I'm partial to Richmond because 1. I live here and 2. the show was from the day Crash was released which is pretty cool.  
    mrussel1 said:
    Probably the best D&T performance, but there's only been a few from that tour released.  But Richmond 1996, Hampton 1996 and Charleston are all out there and fantastic.  I'm partial to Richmond because 1. I live here and 2. the show was from the day Crash was released which is pretty cool.  
    That is a cool connection! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited February 2022
    150 ish.  I just sold my extra otherwise I’d hook you up for way less than that.  It’s way better than the DMB live series D&T but that’s a different time period. The Dave solo at Benaroya  is probably the best though as far as vinyl releases 

D&T 2003 tour to me is better than the Luther college tour as far as downloadable shows 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
    150 ish.  I just sold my extra otherwise I’d hook you up for way less than that.  It’s way better than the DMB live series D&T but that’s a different time period. The Dave solo at Benaroya  is probably the best though as far as vinyl releases 

D&T 2003 tour to me is better than the Luther college tour as far as downloadable shows 
    Aw thanks though! Appreciate the specific recommendations here! 
    www.cluthelee.com