Official Neil Young Thread

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    If there's a benefit to the pandemic it's watching scientists and public health officials realize they have to wade into the politics of it all.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    If there's a benefit to the pandemic it's watching scientists and public health officials realize they have to wade into the politics of it all.
    I highly doubt that the scientists and public health officials feel that way.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    edited January 2022
    dankind said:
    I highly doubt that the scientists and public health officials feel that way.
    Of course not. I'm sure they - like everybody else - would like to think public health measures aren't one to be handled so cavalierly as they have been. It's usually a privilege to live in a world where you think rational thought would win out.
  • Greatest Neil Young song still on Spotify:

https://youtu.be/o_Cs_utDEeQ
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Greatest Neil Young song still on Spotify:

https://youtu.be/o_Cs_utDEeQ

Sheesh.  Gotta fine tooth comb that sight.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    I heard a guy whining about NY's "new political songs" after a 2010 show (the Le Noise tour). I was cracking up.

Finally signed up for NYA last night - not sure where to start. Is that a downloading service I guess? Or more streaming. Yeah, I know pretty weak for the OP here.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • I heard a guy whining about NY's "new political songs" after a 2010 show (the Le Noise tour). I was cracking up.

Finally signed up for NYA last night - not sure where to start. Is that a downloading service I guess? Or more streaming. Yeah, I know pretty weak for the OP here.
    streaming. 

Listen to the Stockholm 2001 boot with Crazy Horse
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    This Spotify thing is draining. Everywhere I look people are bitching about it.

This post from Neil is just as important, but seems to have been lost in the noise of the last week: 

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:

This post from Neil is just as important, but seems to have been lost in the noise of the last week: 

That's very cool.  A part of Neil we can all get behind.  Thanks for posting it!

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:

That's very cool.  A part of Neil we can all get behind.  Thanks for posting it!
    Yeah as much as I’d love to see Neil live again, this is one I can easily get behind. It’s been a good week for taking a stand for things you believe in!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:

Yeah as much as I’d love to see Neil live again, this is one I can easily get behind. It’s been a good week for taking a stand for things you believe in!

Yeah, it definitely has!  
    And yet, wouldn't it be great to have a little time to not feel the need to take a stand on things?  Just a little time where everything was good and nothing really serious was going on?  Sometimes it's just so hard to live in a world of trouble.  If everybody could just feel like taking a break and cooling it, even if just for a few days!

• Why not use biogas?

•    In a collaboration between Scania, mobility provider Flixbus and gas supplier Gasum, the first long distance coach running on biogas will operate the Stockholm-Oslo