Remembering BRAD

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Shawn was offering handwritten lyrics about a year before he passed. These are my favorite, from my favorite record of theirs. The signed LP was from the Vintage Vinyl in-store (videos I posted earlier). 

That lyrics page....oh man, that is awesome.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I seriously regret not getting a lyric sheet. So great, Chris & such an amazing song!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Kinda strange that Shawn told the one guy who posted he wasn’t into Pearl Jam at all and didn’t listen to Riot Act considering it was his friend Stones band. Wonder if he was being sarcastic or just jealous? 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Or maybe he just wasn't into them.

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    But also, if you are Pearl Jam adjacent, its probably annoying at times to always be asked about Pearl Jam, especially when you are trying to do your own thing. He's probably being honest there.

• KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347
    My lyric sheet. Satchel.
  • If my best friend bands had a new record out I would probably Atleast listen to it. I’m sure talking about pj or any other band might become annoying especially if that’s all the questions people ask though. Also, on a side note… who the hell doesn’t like Pearl Jam? Haha. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Alright friends, here's video #1. From Vintage Vinyl in St.Louis. They did an in-store before their opening set for Band of Horses at The Pageant back in 2010 I think. Maybe 2011. Keep in mind, I had a 3G iPhone! I could only take so much video on it! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUWhnFbhpc0

Thanks!
    Love this album

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    ^ Awesome! 
  • JoostoneJoostone Posts: 223
    edited January 2022

PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018.
    EV: Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I/III 2017, Amsterdam I 2019
    Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
    Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
    Joostone said:

:)
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Oh man. This is amazing. One last gift Shawn and the band have for us. Thanks for posting this!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Oh man. This is amazing. One last gift Shawn and the band have for us. Thanks for posting this!! 
    It really is. Can't wait to hear this. Stone also said in an interview that there is a lot of unreleased & live stuff as well, so let's hope that this final Brad album is just the beginning of them releasing all of this stuff.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    It really is. Can't wait to hear this. Stone also said in an interview that there is a lot of unreleased & live stuff as well, so let's hope that this final Brad album is just the beginning of them releasing all of this stuff.
    Hopeful for sure! Might be the best music news in awhile. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    https://youtu.be/mHiNts9pfRs

Can't wait to hear the unreleased songs
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    mfc2006 said:
    justam said:
    Does anyone know why "Welcome to Discovery Park" is not available on Apple Music with the other Brad cds? 
    No idea, but I have noticed that their catalog management is a bit odd. Sometime, nothing is available on Spotify or just one album...or the whole catalog. If you need the mp3's, just shoot me a pm and I can email them to you when I get home tonight.
    Thanks for offering!  No need to send them though because I still have my cd. 

Sometimes I just like to listen to things on Apple Music on my iPad while I’m grading papers because it’s convenient. 
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam said:
    mfc2006 said:
    justam said:
    Does anyone know why "Welcome to Discovery Park" is not available on Apple Music with the other Brad cds? 
    No idea, but I have noticed that their catalog management is a bit odd. Sometime, nothing is available on Spotify or just one album...or the whole catalog. If you need the mp3's, just shoot me a pm and I can email them to you when I get home tonight.
    Thanks for offering!  No need to send them though because I still have my cd. 

Sometimes I just like to listen to things on Apple Music on my iPad while I’m grading papers because it’s convenient. 
    Me too! No longer need to be camped out near my big stereo whilst grading. 
    www.cluthelee.com

Love that song! Going to play my 45 of it today! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258

From Stone’s Spin interview:

Although never originally signed to Loosegroove, Brad — a softer-rocking Pearl Jam detour for Gossard featuring Hagar on drums and beloved vocalist Shawn Smith up front — helped inspire Gossard and Hagar to start the label in the first place. The group released five albums for a variety of labels before Smith passed away suddenly on April 3, 2019, at age 53. 

Smith left behind vocals for several new Brad songs, and Gossard, Hagar and longtime bassist Keith Lowe have since put the finishing touches on those tracks and hope to release them on a new album by late 2022. 

“As we got closer to feeling like it was getting done, there was a lot of renewed enthusiasm about the fact that it has a rawness to it that has always been part of Brad, and really suits us,” Gossard says. “I think if anything, our records had become a little bit more polished and a little bit more calculated. This one has some beautiful, beautiful Shawn performances. I’m confident that if you’re a Brad fan, you’re going to like the record.

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    This is good news, and maybe not the last BRAD release under Loosegroove Records! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    This is good news, and maybe not the last BRAD release under Loosegroove Records! 
    New Brad music is always welcome. Heck anything Stone puts out is welcome to me. Based on the two drops from the new Painted Shield album so far I am looking forward to the release in April. 
    New Brad music is always welcome. Heck anything Stone puts out is welcome to me. Based on the two drops from the new Painted Shield album so far I am looking forward to the release in April. 
    Yes on both Brad and Painted Shield.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    Yes on both Brad and Painted Shield.

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Brad was by far the best Side Project band...due mostly to Shawn Smith.  What a treasure he and his voice were.  
    hippiemom = goodness