Options

New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Eli has more super bowls than Aaron Rodgers 
    I love this.
    How about Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer have the same # of rings as Discount Douchelord Check
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Eli has more super bowls than Aaron Rodgers 
    I love this.
    How about Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer have the same # of rings as Discount Douchelord Check
    Love it. Congrats on the win 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,292
    Any chance Sean Payton comes here?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Any chance Sean Payton comes here?
    They are saying Payton to Dallas of all places...
  • Options
    Seems like the Giants done good?
    I'll let you know in 2 seasons.  Poor guy is going to need that long at least.
    Right...but by all accounts this move is getting universally praised while the same cannot be said about the last dozen.

Someone texted me it sounds like Flores will be the coach, which I wouldn't be opposed to either, but would kinda like the other Bills guy.  Seems like one or the other though?
    Yes that is what people are saying and they are sticking w Jones as QB.
    What does sticking with Jones mean though?  I mean unless you are trading for Wilson or can get a franchise QB in the draft, don't you just roll with him next year?  Not like they're winning anything and not like they're gonna give him a big contract extension.

Also, while Jones may not be the franchise QB, I think the last 6 games show he is clearly not their biggest problem.
    It means they have a Kordell Stewart at QB and will stick w him no matter what...  Not sure if you remember the Steelers sticking w him for years of mediocracy.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    He's under contract with Saints for 3 more years so Jerrah would have to give up some draft capital to get him.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    He's under contract with Saints for 3 more years so Jerrah would have to give up some draft capital to get him.
    I don't think Jerryworld would care too much.
  • Options
    An offense built to tackle defenders after they get turnovers, that should be something.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,191
    Poncier said:
    An offense built to tackle defenders after they get turnovers, that should be something.
    this is funny as hell.  very nicely done
  • Options
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I don’t know how it’s going to work out, but I love both moves. I would have been cool with Flores but this was always going to be the decision
  • Options
    Sounds like they’re going all in on the bills, which is something. The QB coach that Allen wanted to be OC might be coming with them.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,066
    I believe he is the first bald guy to coach the Giants and probably the heaviest guy to coach the team.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    I believe he is the first bald guy to coach the Giants and probably the heaviest guy to coach the team.
    Well if coaching acumen is equal to hair growth you guys should be thrilled. He'll be the anti-Ben McAdoo.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,066
    Poncier said:
    Well if coaching acumen is equal to hair growth you guys should be thrilled. He'll be the anti-Ben McAdoo.
    Ha, we'll know when he doesn't wear an ill-fitting sport coat to his press conference like McAdoo..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    I always wonder if the guys can respect someone who cannot say no to awful food and does not exercise. 
    Not for nothing, but I wouldn't listen to Charlie Weiss or Romeo Crenell about much.
  • Options
    I always wonder if the guys can respect someone who cannot say no to awful food and does not exercise. 
    Not for nothing, but I wouldn't listen to Charlie Weiss or Romeo Crenell about much.
    Andy Reid has seemed to do just fine.

Not for nothing, but I wouldn’t listen to someone who thinks they’re better than other people because they weigh less
  • Options
    Fair enough.  I think in athletics it is different  than everyday life but I understand  your point.
  • Options
    Right, but all professional athletes care about is money and winning. If you can help them do that, then they’ll love you.
  • Options
    Right, but all professional athletes care about is money and winning. If you can help them do that, then they’ll love you.
    Another good point.

• Options

Not for nothing, but I wouldn’t listen to someone who thinks they’re better than other people because they weigh less
    Exactly, Hard-os like this guy:

• Options
    14 years ago today
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Is he joking with him or is he serious?
    If he's joking it is tough to tell but that if OK

If he's serious, he us a giant douchelord - maybe he has a past beef with him, or something?

Hope he's kidding with the guy.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    edited March 2022
    Okay....
    What are everyone's predictions on picks??

I'm hoping Neal lasts until 5. On the same line with Thomas, we might have a good foundation.
    I wouldn't mind another O-lineman at 7, but I'd be happy if Thibodeaux was still on the board.
    Post edited by eddiec on
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Giants draft Kayvon Thibodeaux DE as the 5th pick
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    Finally took an edge with a high pick
  • Options
    Giants pick Evan Neal OL for their 7th pick