*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    RiotZact said:
    Couldn’t get 10 bucks a pop for my tickets tonight so decided to just go. Best no sell ever.

Just saw that in less than 28 minutes Embiid averaged 1.85 points per minute. Kobe averaged 1.92 in his 81 point game.

And did I mention the comedic chops on this guy!!!
    I bet he didn't score in the last 5 seconds...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    RiotZact said:
    Couldn’t get 10 bucks a pop for my tickets tonight so decided to just go. Best no sell ever.

Just saw that in less than 28 minutes Embiid averaged 1.85 points per minute. Kobe averaged 1.92 in his 81 point game.

nope  and he wasn't clutch because the game wasn't close at the 5 minute mark.  kind of seeing how the stat Juggler loves is kind of dumb huh?
  • ESPN said that sixers hold him(Simmons) and in the off season trade him for Harden?
  • pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:

nope  and he wasn't clutch because the game wasn't close at the 5 minute mark.  kind of seeing how the stat Juggler loves is kind of dumb huh?
    I hate dumb made up stat sheets...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited January 2022
    RiotZact said:

As stupid as it sounds, if he did make a buzzer beater in a blowout, it would've counted as clutch in that guy's dumb random twitter stat. Another reason why nobody keeps track of that garbage.

lol.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    ESPN said that sixers hold him(Simmons) and in the off season trade him for Harden?
    Possibility for sure. Also possible they pull the trigger before the deadline. 

For what it's worth, they're playing like a 1 seed when Embiid isn't infected with Covid and Embiid has indicated he's fine with them remaining patient. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    8th all time. Just an incredible performance. But we like him cuz he's funny! 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    IDK I think they owe it to everyone to get something for Simmons to help with the playoff run. No way they should trade Thybulle though. You just don't know how long you're going to have this version of Embiid.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    edited January 2022
    RiotZact said:

As stupid as it sounds, if he did make a buzzer beater in a blowout, it would've counted as clutch in that guy's dumb random twitter stat. Another reason why nobody keeps track of that garbage.

lol.

WRONG: it was last five seconds with a chance to Tie or take the Lead.   At least if you are gonna try to take shots at me get your points correct.  

In the stat you love if it's a five point game at the 5 minute mark but the team goes on a 10 point run does the rest of the 5 minutes still count as 'clutch'?   Would like to know how that works in that scenario.  Honestly not sure.  And if it does, you can see how that stat is bogus right?

50 points in 27 minutes with only 1 3-pointer is insane.  Hard to score that many points without hitting 3s these days. pretty incredible game.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    M

P

+$1000 on draft kings as of last night. I recommend hopping on that asap. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • 8th all time. Just an incredible performance. But we like him cuz he's funny! 

Where are the other players that I know scored 60 and 70 points?  Robinson scored 71 to win the scoring title that year.

I don't understand this list either...
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    What don't you understand? I'm going to assume Oscar falls outside of the top 10 because he scored 71 points in less than 1.724 points/minute.

Where are the other players that I know scored 60 and 70 points?  Robinson scored 71 to win the scoring title that year.

This is points per minutes played, not per game. So (just looked it up) Robinson scored 71 in 44 minutes. That's 1.61 per minute. Embiid scored 50 in just 27 minutes. Meaning he was on pace for 79 if he played 44 minutes...
    chinese-happy.jpg

This is points per minutes played, not per game. So (just looked it up) Robinson scored 71 in 44 minutes. That's 1.61 per minute. Embiid scored 50 in just 27 minutes. Meaning he was on pace for 79 if he played 44 minutes...
    Ahhh got it.  The amount of points in a small amount of time.

Silly stat but interesting.  Klay doing 60 in 29 is cray.
    edited January 2022

No not a small amount of time (Wilt played 48 minutes when he scored 100). It's a measure of how dominant they were while they were on the court. So, like, if Embiid scored 50 in 39 minutes last night it would have still been a great game, just not as dominate as doing it in a shorter amount of time. If you watched last night's game, you just knew he was going to score every time he got the ball. I've never seen anything like it., especially from a center (the only other one on this list is Wilt).
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2022
    I wouldn't say it's a small amount of time (Wilt, 48; Kobe, 42). It's why I always like to use the per 36min stats to compare guys. You're seeing who is most productive with whatever amount of time they're on the court, so that it's an apples to apples comparison.

And if you're blowing some team out by 20, 30, 40 points into the 4th quarter there's no reason to keep playing your premium players.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on

No not a small amount of time (Wilt played 48 minutes when he scored 100). It's a measure of how dominant they were while they were on the court. So, like, if Embiid scored 50 in 39 minutes last night it would have still been a great game, just not as dominate as doing it in a shorter amount of time. If you watched last night's game, you just knew he was going to score every time he got the ball. I've never seen anything like it., especially from a center (the only other one on this list is Wilt).
    Players get hot.  I remember Jordan and his 8 3's in like 15 minutes.  Reggie Miller w 8 in 4.2 seconds, lol!

Players get hot.  I remember Jordan and his 8 3's in like 15 minutes.  Reggie Miller w 8 in 4.2 seconds, lol!
    Yeah....but again this is minimum 25 minutes played in a whole game though. Lol. I hear ya...
    chinese-happy.jpg

George Gervin 63 in 33 minutes with no 3 point shot at the time.  incredible.

Embiid's is much more impressive than Klay's as I imagine a good portion of Klay's were 3s.
  • pjhawks said:

George Gervin 63 in 33 minutes with no 3 point shot at the time.  incredible.

Embiid's is much more impressive than Klay's as I imagine a good portion of Klay's were 3s.
    Wilt w all them cray drains from the logo too!
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Man, games like that make you really feel the urge to trade Ben now for whatever help you can get for Embiid. Just so sad to see him play like that and not get a W against a depleted team. I’m still on board with Morey’s strategy, it’s just tough to sit through on nights like that.

Also, Glenn is virtually unfireable right now because BB is still being paid until the end of this season, and there’s no way that ownership is paying 3 coaches at once. But I really hope that we don’t go with the idea of giving Glenn a chance with the new look team that we should theoretically have next season. This blowing 20+ point leads shit is a clear pattern. He just isn’t the guy. Find someone else ASAP. 

edited January 2022
    RiotZact said:
    Man, games like that make you really feel the urge to trade Ben now for whatever help you can get for Embiid. Just so sad to see him play like that and not get a W against a depleted team. I’m still on board with Morey’s strategy, it’s just tough to sit through on nights like that.

Also, Glenn is virtually unfireable right now because BB is still being paid until the end of this season, and there’s no way that ownership is paying 3 coaches at once. But I really hope that we don’t go with the idea of giving Glenn a chance with the new look team that we should theoretically have next season. This blowing 20+ point leads shit is a clear pattern. He just isn’t the guy. Find someone else ASAP. 

I feel like he's done a good job keeping the team together. But actually coaching and making adjustments? He's not the best for sure. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Another real knee slapping performance from Mr. Embiid!

Todays mind blowing stat? Embiid has now had 4 straight games with more points than minutes. Also, going back to mid-December he is averaging more points that minutes. 
    RiotZact said:

Todays mind blowing stat? Embiid has now had 4 straight games with more points than minutes. Also, going back to mid-December he is averaging more points that minutes. 
    He is just hilarious, isn't he? lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Rich Paul's lapdog at The Athletic dropping bombs.

Yeah, they're definitely not trading him before the deadline. And I put a Harden deal in the offseason at basically a coin flip - just seems like there's so much salary they would have to move to do so.
    RiotZact said:

He is just hilarious, isn't he? lol
    but again not clutch, not a 5 point game at the 5 minute mark so doesn't count on your new favorite stat.

Rich Paul's lapdog at The Athletic dropping bombs.

Yeah, they're definitely not trading him before the deadline. And I put a Harden deal in the offseason at basically a coin flip - just seems like there's so much salary they would have to move to do so.
    Nothing is definite. I think a decent deal is there with the Kings somehow. 

Wouldn't it be funny if Ben Simmons gained like 50 pounds and is completely out of basketball shape at this point? This guy is wasting a year of his prime and costing himself millions and millions of dollars for basically no good reason. We are used to it by now, but it's just such an absurd situation. The 30 for 30 of this era will be must watch television. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    Sheer basketball brilliance on display night in, night out

chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Wait, Charlie Brown Jr. plays for you guys?
    Can he kick a football with more sucess than his dad?
    This weekend we rock Portland