"Earthling" Official Tracklist + New Single

Comments

• Why don’t you do better?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I love the song but can't help but feel like it could do with some editing. I'm sure Eddie has his reasons for putting out what seems like a raw cut.
    I'm sure it was edited to fit exactly what he wanted. Writing, recording, mixing & mastering is quite the process.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,639
    Why don’t you do better?
    Ha. What kind of comment is this ?
  • nicknyr15 said:
    Why don’t you do better?
    Ha. What kind of comment is this ?
    I was being sarcastic. Someone said the song needed editing so I said why don’t you do better. I never quoted it . I think the song is great 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    edited January 2022
    Music is great, lyrics are wow. Kind of first draft? Feels like he’s spitballing. Less poetry. Interesting.
    A recent interview mentioned they did things quickly, not a whole lot of time for ruminating on things. 
    Ah - hence why the output seems different than usual.

I love the song but can't help but feel like it could do with some editing. I'm sure Eddie has his reasons for putting out what seems like a raw cut.
    Agreed. Especially compared to Gigaton where it seems like he put a ton of time into the lyrics. But for Ten he wrote lyrics quickly - is the tank more empty these days for quick writes?

Why don’t you do better?
    Obviously we are not the artists here. But we can provide commentary as the consumers. Also I’m just comparing Ed to Ed - certainly seems rougher.

I’m allowed to not love it!! And feel like he can do better!
    Post edited by OceansJenny on
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Music is great, lyrics are wow. Kind of first draft? Feels like he’s spitballing. Less poetry. Interesting.
    A recent interview mentioned they did things quickly, not a whole lot of time for ruminating on things. 
    Ah - hence why the output seems different than usual.

Agreed. Especially compared to Gigaton where it seems like he put a ton of time into the lyrics. But for Ten he wrote lyrics quickly - is the tank more empty these days for quick writes?

Why don’t you do better?
    Obviously we are not the artists here. But we can provide commentary as the consumers. Also I’m just comparing Ed to Ed - certainly seems rougher.

I’m allowed to not love it!! And feel like he can do better!
    You are allowed to do whatever but the song is getting a lot of positive feedback and I just thought your comment was negative but if you can do better than you should write a song. That’s all, we all have opinions. 
  • WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 503
    Everyone can have an opinion.. cmon guys its all good in the hood. Mine is that song is sick. In that I include words in lyrics, flow, and the instruments all weaving together. Now, someone else said its obv who its about. Is it agreed among the PJ elite that song is about Cornell?
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Combo of Cornell and his brother I would think. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    Did they both have blue eyes?
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    ComeToTX said:

Don't think it was about Cornell. When Brother The Cloud was released, Danny Clinch posted an image of Ed & Chris together on his social media pages. They are now all taken down. So guessing it was a mistake & not about Chris.
    demetrios said:
    ComeToTX said:

Don't think it was about Cornell. When Brother The Cloud was released, Danny Clinch posted an image of Ed & Chris together on his social media pages. They are now all taken down. So guessing it was a mistake & not about Chris.
    Either that or they didn't want to bring any special attention about the meaning of the song.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,642
    mfc2006 said:
    demetrios said:
    ComeToTX said:

Either that or they didn't want to bring any special attention about the meaning of the song.
    Ed also says in the MOJO interview that it’s not about Chris Cornell.
    mvw said:
    mfc2006 said:
    demetrios said:
    ComeToTX said:

Ed also says in the MOJO interview that it’s not about Chris Cornell.
    Gotcha. I haven't read that yet.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,395
    demetrios said:

What a babe! 
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,841
    An albeit brief review on Apple Music:

Over the course of 30 years, Vedder has evolved from wild-eyed spokesperson for a generation to spotlight-allergic grouch to, slowly but surely, one of rock’s elder statesmen—a guy who can comfortably share a stage with Bono, The Boss and JAY-Z. And though his second solo outing (2011’s aptly titled Ukulele Songs) showcased his gentler side, its follow-up is more diverse: a panoramic sprint through blistering punk (“Power of Right”), classic pop (the Elton John-enriched “Picture”), road-ready anthems (“The Dark”) and the sort of tender ballads he’s been penning with great success for Pearl Jam recently (“The Haves”). Most of all, Vedder—long seen as self-serious by some—sounds like a kid in a garage here, calling out to ground control from the cockpit on “Invincible” or shooting himself out of a cannon on “Try”. It sounds like he’s having a lot of fun.
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    ^ Thanks! 
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    Anybody else get the $3 coupon off the "soft pack" CD email today because the other formats won't be available until later?

1. The $3 doesn't even pay half the shipping cost.
    2. I can't get the coupon to work, it says it's not available to me right now.

What a joke.
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    Anybody else get the $3 coupon off the "soft pack" CD email today because the other formats won't be available until later?

What a joke.
    Same here...tried it 3 times..not working!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259

What a joke.
    They take the money for the preorders, then tell us they can't ship them, and then have the balls to ask us to buy another copy.
    That's taking the piss, even for 10C.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,216
    Why not make it available as a free MP3 download for those who have ordered the relevant versions?
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • goldrush said:

What a joke.
    They take the money for the preorders, then tell us they can't ship them, and then have the balls to ask us to buy another copy.
    That's taking the piss, even for 10C.
    Agreed. Thanks for a $3 coupon. 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    TinaE said:
    Why not make it available as a free MP3 download for those who have ordered the relevant versions?
    Right - would much prefer this.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22

What a joke.

From 10club? Nope. Didn't receive anything.
  • I’m in sales and if I sold a product to my client and then couldn’t communicate or deliver on said product and then tried to make them buy something else I would be hung up on. Sales 101. 
    I will always have a soft spot for CDs, but I'm done paying $16 for them (and that's after the $3 off!). The Unplugged CD packaging was less than spectacular and I assume this "soft pack" CD is similar since they're selling a deluxe version. It makes no sense to hold onto a limited format when there are other digital offerings in higher resolution.
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    Is the $ 3 code working for anyone?
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
    Is the $ 3 code working for anyone?

I still can't get it to work. Maybe @Santos L. Halper can help.