Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

"Earthling" Official Tracklist + New Single

2»

Comments

  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,317
    Why don’t you do better?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HOU-->PDX-->KCPosts: 35,151
    I love the song but can't help but feel like it could do with some editing. I'm sure Eddie has his reasons for putting out what seems like a raw cut.
    I'm sure it was edited to fit exactly what he wanted. Writing, recording, mixing & mastering is quite the process.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 5,195
    Why don’t you do better?
    Ha. What kind of comment is this ?
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,317
    nicknyr15 said:
    Why don’t you do better?
    Ha. What kind of comment is this ?
    I was being sarcastic. Someone said the song needed editing so I said why don’t you do better. I never quoted it . I think the song is great 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NYPosts: 2,358
    edited January 15
    Music is great, lyrics are wow. Kind of first draft? Feels like he’s spitballing. Less poetry. Interesting.
    A recent interview mentioned they did things quickly, not a whole lot of time for ruminating on things. 
    Ah - hence why the output seems different than usual.

    I love the song but can't help but feel like it could do with some editing. I'm sure Eddie has his reasons for putting out what seems like a raw cut.
    Agreed. Especially compared to Gigaton where it seems like he put a ton of time into the lyrics. But for Ten he wrote lyrics quickly - is the tank more empty these days for quick writes?

    Why don’t you do better?
    Obviously we are not the artists here. But we can provide commentary as the consumers. Also I’m just comparing Ed to Ed - certainly seems rougher.

    I’m allowed to not love it!! And feel like he can do better!
    Post edited by OceansJenny on
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,317
    Music is great, lyrics are wow. Kind of first draft? Feels like he’s spitballing. Less poetry. Interesting.
    A recent interview mentioned they did things quickly, not a whole lot of time for ruminating on things. 
    Ah - hence why the output seems different than usual.

    I love the song but can't help but feel like it could do with some editing. I'm sure Eddie has his reasons for putting out what seems like a raw cut.
    Agreed. Especially compared to Gigaton where it seems like he put a ton of time into the lyrics. But for Ten he wrote lyrics quickly - is the tank more empty these days for quick writes?

    Why don’t you do better?
    Obviously we are not the artists here. But we can provide commentary as the consumers. Also I’m just comparing Ed to Ed - certainly seems rougher.

    I’m allowed to not love it!! And feel like he can do better!
    You are allowed to do whatever but the song is getting a lot of positive feedback and I just thought your comment was negative but if you can do better than you should write a song. That’s all, we all have opinions. 
  • WW187806WW187806 Posts: 379
    Everyone can have an opinion.. cmon guys its all good in the hood. Mine is that song is sick. In that I include words in lyrics, flow, and the instruments all weaving together. Now, someone else said its obv who its about. Is it agreed among the PJ elite that song is about Cornell?
  • ComeToTXComeToTX AustinPosts: 6,703
    Combo of Cornell and his brother I would think. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,261
    Did they both have blue eyes?
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13









  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 71,163
    ComeToTX said:
    Combo of Cornell and his brother I would think. 

    Don't think it was about Cornell. When Brother The Cloud was released, Danny Clinch posted an image of Ed & Chris together on his social media pages. They are now all taken down. So guessing it was a mistake & not about Chris.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HOU-->PDX-->KCPosts: 35,151
    demetrios said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Combo of Cornell and his brother I would think. 

    Don't think it was about Cornell. When Brother The Cloud was released, Danny Clinch posted an image of Ed & Chris together on his social media pages. They are now all taken down. So guessing it was a mistake & not about Chris.
    Either that or they didn't want to bring any special attention about the meaning of the song.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,422
    mfc2006 said:
    demetrios said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Combo of Cornell and his brother I would think. 

    Don't think it was about Cornell. When Brother The Cloud was released, Danny Clinch posted an image of Ed & Chris together on his social media pages. They are now all taken down. So guessing it was a mistake & not about Chris.
    Either that or they didn't want to bring any special attention about the meaning of the song.
    Ed also says in the MOJO interview that it’s not about Chris Cornell.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HOU-->PDX-->KCPosts: 35,151
    mvw said:
    mfc2006 said:
    demetrios said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Combo of Cornell and his brother I would think. 

    Don't think it was about Cornell. When Brother The Cloud was released, Danny Clinch posted an image of Ed & Chris together on his social media pages. They are now all taken down. So guessing it was a mistake & not about Chris.
    Either that or they didn't want to bring any special attention about the meaning of the song.
    Ed also says in the MOJO interview that it’s not about Chris Cornell.
    Gotcha. I haven't read that yet.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 71,163


Sign In or Register to comment.