Official Neil Young Thread

Comments

• I don't care what you satanic worshipers say, Way down in the Rust Bucket is amazing.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    The release date for Archives III “will be announced mid year” 

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    brianlux said:
    Edved82 said:
    Just picked up Massey Hall and the deluxe Rust Bucket set. That one was $34 sealed on eBay. Expecting it to be more with 4 LPs and CDs included. Anyone have it? I listened to it on Spotify when it came out and LOVED IT. 

Rust Bucket is absolutely fantastic, probably the best era of Neil with Crazy Horse. Cant wait for the deluxe Ragged Glory release, probably my favourite Neil album
    Same here!  It will be so great to hear that album the way it is supposed to be heard.  The music is so strong yet that original close to an hour long LP pressed on only two sides of vinyl is so pathetically weak and thin sounding.  The reissue should be a real treat!

I cant remember the exact details but I'm pretty sure I remember reading about Neil mentioning a second album's worth of material from those sessions. If that's true, and he does a huge Ragged Glory expanded edition with the original album plus the extra tracks, then he can just take my money now!
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    goldrush said:
    The release date for Archives III “will be announced mid year” 

So probably September/October.

I hope he reissues Vol. 1

Daryl Hannah posted this earlier

(Tim Rogers)
  • Dead Man being shown on 35mm this spring here where I live... 

Never seen it.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Dead Man being shown on 35mm this spring here where I live... 

Never seen it.
    Masterpiece. Probably my favorite western.
    I SAW PEARL JAM

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    My man
  • Now I have to get NYA... haven't heard Summer songs :((((((((
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Good man. 
    The Barn documentary is up on YouTube now:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbmkek5j6Vs

Been really liking this album. The lyrics are a bit clunky at times but its a solid late career album. It's just great to still have Neil & The Horse still doing it.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    Edved82 said:
    brianlux said:
    Edved82 said:
    Just picked up Massey Hall and the deluxe Rust Bucket set. That one was $34 sealed on eBay. Expecting it to be more with 4 LPs and CDs included. Anyone have it? I listened to it on Spotify when it came out and LOVED IT. 

Rust Bucket is absolutely fantastic, probably the best era of Neil with Crazy Horse. Cant wait for the deluxe Ragged Glory release, probably my favourite Neil album
    Same here!  It will be so great to hear that album the way it is supposed to be heard.  The music is so strong yet that original close to an hour long LP pressed on only two sides of vinyl is so pathetically weak and thin sounding.  The reissue should be a real treat!

I cant remember the exact details but I'm pretty sure I remember reading about Neil mentioning a second album's worth of material from those sessions. If that's true, and he does a huge Ragged Glory expanded edition with the original album plus the extra tracks, then he can just take my money now!

That would be awesome! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• I fear that brianlux was correct.

I'm falling for Barn.
    I fear that brianlux was correct.

I'm falling for Barn.

No problem, it's a nice place to hang out with an old goat.
    TIL goats are cats with hooves - GIF on Imgur  Goats Goat house Goat barn

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

I fear that brianlux was correct.

I'm falling for Barn.
    It's a nice album! Definitely takes a few listens and also acceptance of some of the lyrics, but the band sounds really good. Hoping for a long jam record next for Neil & the Horse :D
    edited January 2022

Post edited by goldrush on

(Tim Rogers)
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,841
    Awesome Neil. Thankfully I don’t use Spotify! 🍎
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    Thank you NEIL!
    Thank you WARNER BROTHERS!
    :plus_one:

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    I'm guilty of using spotify on my laundry. Wait that's spot shot.

Way to go Neil. An artist that cares and acts on it. Very refreshing.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Loujoe said:

I pay to use Spotify and can discern bullshit pod-gossip from the good stuff. No guilt using that platform, it has helped me discover lots of new music and hosts music that me and my friend create. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Loujoe said:

I pay to use Spotify and can discern bullshit pod-gossip from the good stuff. No guilt using that platform, it has helped me discover lots of new music and hosts music that me and my friend create. 
    I've never used Spotify. I was even friends with one of the dudes who helped to get it off the ground in the US, but I never bothered to try it out. I tried Pandora when it came out and thought that it sucked. My wife still uses that format once a year for classic (or maybe classical) Christmas music.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    ^Ok. I guess there is some good there too. I have yet to get with it using other ways of listening to music. Maybe someday.
    I play records, lol.

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Not a podcast guy. Never have been, maybe KEXPs back in the mid-late 2000's. They aren't a source of news to me, nor do I want to delve into the world of other people's opinions. That's what these forums are for after all! Haha! I still watch nightly news though. Feel like its the least biased source of what's happening in the world, that and BBC. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I'm a fan of Spotify, but sure love some Capitalist activism. Love the decision by Neil. But Spotify, based on their response, knows this doesn't hurt their bottom line. I would though enjoy them getting dinged to the point of having to drop that douchebag in Austin, ala enough artists follow suit.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    brianlux said:
    I play records, lol.
    Me too.. I never stream and listen to digital/CD.  
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    I stream music on Spotify while running or at the gym, beyond that it is CDs in my PC at work and vinyl at home.

• WHO boss