New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• I saw things to defend the past few seasons. This season though, it's special. Not ashamed, just nothing to defend. Team is a soup sandwich. Unless I am deployed, I have never ever missed watching/following a Giants game either on TV or my ESPN app. Thick and thin, I sit there til the last whistle and watch every snap without looking at the scoreboard or thinking about how atrocious the last play call was. This season, I stopped having that passion for the team pretty early as it was obvious by week six this team isn't gonna turn things around. The issues are just not getting addressed. 
    Week 6 it took u?  How about week 2.  They weren't showing and sign of improving back then.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I didn't watch more than 6 hours of this team this year.  The whole Washington debacle, then a half hour here and there.  Just no interest and better things to do with my time.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    I didn't watch more than 6 hours of this team this year.  The whole Washington debacle, then a half hour here and there.  Just no interest and better things to do with my time.
    Same here.  Haven't watched much in years.  Hopefully the GM fires Judge and takes two o-linemen with the top 2 picks.  
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • I didn't watch more than 6 hours of this team this year.  The whole Washington debacle, then a half hour here and there.  Just no interest and better things to do with my time.
    Same here.  Haven't watched much in years.  Hopefully the GM fires Judge and takes two o-linemen with the top 2 picks.  
    Jones has talent but I don't think he has anyone who can help him.  I also don't think he is taking you to the SB unless he uses all of that talent...
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    Judge fired
    I miss igotid88
    Obviously the right move 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    God damn it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2022
    So both guys from the bills?

Or flores

Or Bill finally comes back? Lol 
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    edited January 2022
    "This firing is something we can take into the next season and use as a foundation for growth". -Joe Judge
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Opens the door up for Jason Garrett to return?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    *clap clap clap clap clap*
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The clapper…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    God damn it. 
    :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I never knew this human existed until I saw this, but I would like nothing more than the Giants to hire him.  He has quickly become my favorite human in football

edited January 2022
    ^
    He is like the Bizarro Joe Judge. Polar opposite.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    He's a smart SOB.  Funny and kind of weird, but very smart.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    ^
    I mean, he's the polar opposite of basically every other person that has ever been employed in the NFL, no?
    edited January 2022
    ^
    I mean, he's the polar opposite of basically every other person that has ever been employed in the NFL, no?
    Nah there's smart people running NFL teams. They just don't work for the Giants currently. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
    ^
    Nah there's smart people running NFL teams. They just don't work for the Giants currently. lol
    I mean, in fairness very few people CURRENTLY work for the Giants.  I just meant as a person, you know this.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    You mean, because he looks like one of the guys from Silicon Valley.  (Also, same dude in Party Down)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148

I miss igotid88
    Seems like the Giants done good?
  • Seems like the Giants done good?
    I'll let you know in 2 seasons.  Poor guy is going to need that long at least.
    Right...but by all accounts this move is getting universally praised while the same cannot be said about the last dozen.

Someone texted me it sounds like Flores will be the coach, which I wouldn't be opposed to either, but would kinda like the other Bills guy.  Seems like one or the other though?
  • Seems like the Giants done good?
    Right...but by all accounts this move is getting universally praised while the same cannot be said about the last dozen.

Someone texted me it sounds like Flores will be the coach, which I wouldn't be opposed to either, but would kinda like the other Bills guy.  Seems like one or the other though?
    Yes that is what people are saying and they are sticking w Jones as QB.

What does sticking with Jones mean though?  I mean unless you are trading for Wilson or can get a franchise QB in the draft, don't you just roll with him next year?  Not like they're winning anything and not like they're gonna give him a big contract extension.

Also, while Jones may not be the franchise QB, I think the last 6 games show he is clearly not their biggest problem.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832

What does sticking with Jones mean though?  I mean unless you are trading for Wilson or can get a franchise QB in the draft, don't you just roll with him next year?  Not like they're winning anything and not like they're gonna give him a big contract extension.

Also, while Jones may not be the franchise QB, I think the last 6 games show he is clearly not their biggest problem.

They were competitive when he played.
    The bills OC and ravens DC seems like an ideal scenario?
    Eli has more super bowls than Aaron Rodgers