2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    Jumb0 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Nhl will officially be withdrawing from the Olympics…good move.
    Good for them,  bad for us.  I love the Olympic hockey.  Understand the decision though. 

this
    +1
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    The nhl is the worst run league with a dumdass basketball exec as commish…lmfa.

Yep.  The NHL is almost 100% vaccinated....I think it's only a couple players who aren't.  These players have done everything that has been asked of them.  They should take on the same strategy that the NFL just did where they are only testing players with symptoms.  These guys are literally the best athletes in the world and only know they have it because they are still tested constantly.  Yzerman made some really good points about this the other day.  
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Jumb0 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Nhl will officially be withdrawing from the Olympics…good move.
    Good for them,  bad for us.  I love the Olympic hockey.  Understand the decision though. 

this
    This 2... is right on

I was really looking forward to Olympic Hockey.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    you can still watch olympic hockey…just no nhl players.  Maybe in 4 years in Italy they’ll go…

Give Peas A Chance…
    The nhl is the worst run league with a dumdass basketball exec as commish…lmfa.

Yep.  The NHL is almost 100% vaccinated....I think it's only a couple players who aren't.  These players have done everything that has been asked of them.  They should take on the same strategy that the NFL just did where they are only testing players with symptoms.  These guys are literally the best athletes in the world and only know they have it because they are still tested constantly.  Yzerman made some really good points about this the other day.  
    I agree.  Cancelling the Olympics was more about needing the month of February to make up all the games being cancelled…

I agree with the nba commish, he said “the nba is not suspending league play and that we have to learn to live with it.”
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    The reality is that I'm gravitating towards this position.  If this strain is only 1/3 as likely to hospitalize (as we learned in the latest studies) and everything is mild, then at some point there is a case to actually treating this as the common cold or a flu.  If you are well enough to play through it, then play through it.  We are heading that way.  COVID will not be eradicated.  It will be seasonal.  And the seasonal flu kills This is the CDC assessment of the seasonal flu yearly for the past 10 years.  We don't stop leagues for this.

I’ve been in the we will need to learn to live with it crowd for awhile.  It will just be another cold or flu, just like the flu their will be a vaccine to protect us, just like the flu many will not take it…I’m double vaxxed and getting my booster.  I wish everyone would…in reality it will not happen.  The nhl is lucky this year…they booked the Olympics off.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I’ve been in the we will need to learn to live with it crowd for awhile.  It will just be another cold or flu, just like the flu their will be a vaccine to protect us, just like the flu many will not take it…I’m double vaxxed and getting my booster.  I wish everyone would…in reality it will not happen.  The nhl is lucky this year…they booked the Olympics off.
    Weakened variants + shots + effective treatments = part of life. 
    If your looking for hockey you can watch the world juniors…the tournament is being played in very frigid Alberta.  I expect a Canada vs US final…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    So I guess the 4 days off didn't solve all the NHL's issues huh???  Until they stop testing players with no symptoms this nonsense is going to keep happening...
    The nhl is cancelling Canadian games because of capacity limits.  Looks like they’ll need February.  Montreal was offered to have games postponed because they are hard hit with Covid, they decided to power on.  Might as well play for Shane Wright at this point…

glad to see Cory Perry doing well in Tampa…

Give Peas A Chance…
    The nhl is cancelling Canadian games because of capacity limits.  Looks like they’ll need February.  Montreal was offered to have games postponed because they are hard hit with Covid, they decided to power on.  Might as well play for Shane Wright at this point…

Perry has been nice.  His grittiness helps offset the loss of Blake Coleman and Barclay Goodrow.  I think the Lightning repeat if they're healthy.  
    A three-peat is possible.  As long as it's not the capitals, rangers, bruins or leafs...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    A three-peat is possible.  As long as it's not the capitals, rangers, bruins or leafs...
    Those are all good teams,  plus the Canes and Panthers.  All the good teams are in the east.  

Calgary just came east and had to play Florida,  Tampa and Carolina over 4 nights. It didn't go well. 
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    mrussel1 said:

Perry has been nice.  His grittiness helps offset the loss of Blake Coleman and Barclay Goodrow.  I think the Lightning repeat if they're healthy.  

Corey Perry is garbage
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Agree.*

*I'm a Kings fan, lol, of course I think that.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Jumb0 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Corey Perry is garbage
    He's a good 4th liner.  
    Cory Perry is not garbage...not even close.  He's one of the few hockey players that have wjc gold, Olympic gold. World hockey championship gold and Stanlry Cup.  His leadership is outstanding...hes also in his late 30s and still provide better value than most teams 2nd liners...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Perry also won a memorial cup.  Perry and Scott Nedermeier are the only 2 players to win a gold at all those tournaments and he's a 1st ballet hall if famer...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    I don’t care what he’s won. He’s one of the dirtiest players in the league. He’s garbage. 
    The nhl is a dirty league.  Always has been.  Is there another league that would allow guys to use part of their equipment as a weapon (stick) and in many cases only hand out minor penalties, or would allow a guy to get up full speed slam a guy to the boards and they get a minor suspension…I can’t think of any.

I have no idea when you became a fan of the nhl…but Cory Perry is fairly clean compared to previous decades.  The 70s with Philadelphia, nickname was broad street bullies, the bruins were known as the big bad bruins…

every team needs a Cory Perry type..
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I would also add that if the defending champions wanted him…it’s not for the dirty side of his game.  I would say he was wanted because his teams win, he’s still productive, he can play disciplined hockey, kill penalties, play the power play and is a great teammate…past and present.  Cole Caulfield Montreal promising youngster has struggled this year and Perry has sent him messages of encouragement…

Give Peas A Chance…
    I would also add that if the defending champions wanted him…it’s not for the dirty side of his game.  I would say he was wanted because his teams win, he’s still productive, he can play disciplined hockey, kill penalties, play the power play and is a great teammate…past and present.  Cole Caulfield Montreal promising youngster has struggled this year and Perry has sent him messages of encouragement…

Yes, the Lightning needed a guy like him because to win in the playoffs, you need some grinders.  People who play tough and can put out some punishment.  The Pat Maroon - Corey Perry line is not to be trifled with. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Jumb0 said:
    I don’t care what he’s won. He’s one of the dirtiest players in the league. He’s garbage. 
    Agree.  He's a skating turd. *

*again, I'm a kings fan.  :lol:   
    Jack Eichel is returning soon…Vegas may be the dark horse..
    Give Peas A Chance…
    They are already good.  
    Hate Vegas, but they are legitimate 
    Where did I say they were not good or legit?  But there is no way Vegas beats Tampa in the finals…but if Eichel returns to form then a potential Tampa v Vegas final becomes a toss up…and Tampa is the best team in the nhl…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    I always found Perry to be dirty but hilarious. Like taking a stick out of someone's hands off the bench or squirting water into a players glove. I mean it's not like he's going around licking or biting people.

That Canes Florida game was great to watch. Going to be some good playoff series this year.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

Agree.  He's hardly the worst offender and he can play the game even as a grey beard...

I only follow hockey through apps.  I never watch the boring regular season and don't have much interest in the game until the salary cap is fixed...
    Give Peas A Chance…