what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Sorry for your loss, and there’s really no rhyme or reason, HFD. 

I’m generally a very unhappy person. If you asked me the last time I experienced pure joy that wasn’t manufactured in some way, I’d have no answer for you. I’m not suicidal at all, but I certainly have no will to live. I’m kind of just going through the motions while waiting around to die. And I’m not what you’d call a specimen of health either. I’ve lost a lot of weight, but that’s just because I quit drinking. (Because what’s the point?) My favorite activity is sleeping. 

At any rate, I had seven strokes five years ago, received awful medical care during and after them, and yet I still have to live my life and make it look like I want to be here while doing so.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    dankind said:

I’m generally a very unhappy person. If you asked me the last time I experienced pure joy that wasn’t manufactured in some way, I’d have no answer for you. I’m not suicidal at all, but I certainly have no will to live. I’m kind of just going through the motions while waiting around to die. And I’m not what you’d call a specimen of health either. I’ve lost a lot of weight, but that’s just because I quit drinking. (Because what’s the point?) My favorite activity is sleeping. 

At any rate, I had seven strokes five years ago, received awful medical care during and after them, and yet I still have to live my life and make it look like I want to be here while doing so.
    seven strokes. jesus. I'm sorry to hear that dude. ever considered talking to a professional?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• So sad and hard to grasp
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    edited January 2022
    dankind said:

seven strokes. jesus. I'm sorry to hear that dude. ever considered talking to a professional?
    I do. Every week. She’s great.

Don’t get me wrong. I wouldn’t trade this life for anything. There’s much that I love about it.

To live is to suffer, though, as well. And I tend to hang out there more than I should. And I’ve come to terms with that.

“You’ve got to get behind the mule
    In the morning and plow.”

It ain’t always a bad thing. I’m generally more content around baseball season. And that’s a nice, long season.

I’ve got tons of great music to listen to, books to read, films to watch, instruments to play, awesome kids to coach, even more awesome kids to raise, and—I know you’re not supposed to have favorites, but goddamn it—my wife is just my favorite and a helluva navigator.

I feel all of that joy. I also know that without any of the above in my life, I would likely be perpetually anhedonic. I’ve been chasing that one for 30 years, though! So as great as my professional is, it is likely, in the end, a Sisyphean effort on both our parts. But a worthwhile endeavor. 

And …

“… one must imagine Sisyphus happy.”

(It keeps me busy anyway.) :lol:

Edit: And all I was really trying to point out in my sharp contrast with your departed friend in my earlier post is that the sooner you stop trying to make sense out of it, the closer you’ll be to acceptance. Again, I’m very sorry for your loss.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,711
    edited January 2022
    I feel  much like you dan. But i seem to have lost that  desire  to do anything. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    edited January 2022
    You gotta keep doing it, bud. That’s a whole lot of slack for someone else to pick up—every inch of it a measure of the compassion that you put into this world. 

Take care. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • I will  always try my best
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Working from home in our basement this week (covid exposure) and all I want to do is play guitar. LOL. I think I'll pick one up now and see what happens.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

I do. Every week. She’s great.

Don’t get me wrong. I wouldn’t trade this life for anything. There’s much that I love about it.

To live is to suffer, though, as well. And I tend to hang out there more than I should. And I’ve come to terms with that.

“You’ve got to get behind the mule
    In the morning and plow.”

It ain’t always a bad thing. I’m generally more content around baseball season. And that’s a nice, long season.

I’ve got tons of great music to listen to, books to read, films to watch, instruments to play, awesome kids to coach, even more awesome kids to raise, and—I know you’re not supposed to have favorites, but goddamn it—my wife is just my favorite and a helluva navigator.

I feel all of that joy. I also know that without any of the above in my life, I would likely be perpetually anhedonic. I’ve been chasing that one for 30 years, though! So as great as my professional is, it is likely, in the end, a Sisyphean effort on both our parts. But a worthwhile endeavor. 

And …

“… one must imagine Sisyphus happy.”

(It keeps me busy anyway.) :lol:

Edit: And all I was really trying to point out in my sharp contrast with your departed friend in my earlier post is that the sooner you stop trying to make sense out of it, the closer you’ll be to acceptance. Again, I’m very sorry for your loss.
    thanks bud. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,415
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,457
    Lol...just thinking every time I see the picture on the Gigaton album half the rock formation on the right side reminds me of one of Ed's faded, tattered flannel shirts like set in stone...
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

Tomorrow!!

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Some love to talk the talk, but can’t walk for shit.

Oh, bravado :how_interesting:
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,396
    ^ care to elaborate, @hedonist?

I found my sister today. Had to check downtown and all the hot spots and places that people experiencing homelessness hang out like the bus station and free food places. Finally found her near the dealers cuz its welfare day.

Put her in a hotel for 3 nights. Crossing fingers that the First Nation friendship centre is able to place her in interim modular supportive housing that provides meals and outreach tomorrow.

tish, nope…not now, anyway ;)

And great news about your sister! Way to persevere and do good by her. I wish her well. 
    Thanks for sharing that perspective. I didn't feel like I am positioned to do much at all.

I did get her to a dentist this morning who extracted roots from a tooth that she had extracted herself. Better than nothing.

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    tish said:
    Thanks for sharing that perspective. I didn't feel like I am positioned to do much at all.

I did get her to a dentist this morning who extracted roots from a tooth that she had extracted herself. Better than nothing.

I admire you so much for taking care of your sister. I am really close with my sister, and can't imagine being in your shoes. I would hope I would be able to rise to the occasion as you are doing (although in reality my sister is the more responsible one of the two of us).

Asking for good thoughts/prayers/juju/vibes for my Mom's surgery on Monday. Her DR thinks that all should go well, but I think we're all nervous as hell because of, well...human nature. Hope you're all doing well.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Good thoughts to her! I hope the surgery is successful. 
    edited January 2022
    Best wishes for your mom, Matt!

Thanks GG. She got the interim housing room. Phew! 
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    mfc2006 said:
    Asking for good thoughts/prayers/juju/vibes for my Mom's surgery on Monday. Her DR thinks that all should go well, but I think we're all nervous as hell because of, well...human nature. Hope you're all doing well.
    Sending good thoughts your way for your mom to have a successful surgery and a speedy and full recovery. 
    ^^^Thank you all! Her surgery just started and we should all know more in a few hours.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    ^ how goes the recovery? And finishing the album?
    The homeless people.. another hard night for them..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

mfc2006 said:^^^Thank you all! Her surgery just started and we should all know more in a few hours.
    I hope no news is good news and that your mom is recovering well. 
    hedonist said:
    mfc2006 said:^^^Thank you all! Her surgery just started and we should all know more in a few hours.
    I hope no news is good news and that your mom is recovering well. 
    My apologies for not posting an update. Yes, the spinal surgery went well and she has been discharged and is now recovering at home. I was going to see her today, but covid and weather had other plans. I look forward to seeing her very soon. Thank you all for the well wishes!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    BIBLICAL
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited February 2022
    Whilst I should really be sitting with the dog doing embroidery watching the winter Olympics opening ceremony, somehow I've ended up being roped into removing the entire kitchen flooring and corkboard underlay. 

I just stopped for lunch (salmon and greek salad) and I'm half way there.
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited February 2022
    Edited
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on