The Rockfords!

jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,488
edited September 2008 in The Porch
Being that side projects and solo albums are the talking point of the pit at the moment I thought I say that im really impressed with McCready's Rockfords!!! I have always known and loved Temple Of The Dog, not the biggest fan on Mother Love Bone but love some songs - same with Brad...but only recently I been listening to Rockfords and man thats some good music!!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=THBD9zwSUFc&feature=related

- Will be purchasing from 10c - (next month - still paying off a Reaper T-shirt, Tone, Columbia 2008 Bootleg, membership renewal etc) XD

Anyone else have any thoughts? Maybe someone could do a poll of all the band members side/solo projects???

BRING ON TONE!!!!!
"Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I loved the Rockfords. It was a sad, sad day when they were done. I got to see them a bunch of times in clubs around Seattle. They always put on a great show, and they were always smiling and having a good time. I still regularly play the albums.

It was fun seeing Rick & Chris playing with Mike again a few weeks ago in the Shadow '86 reunion / Hendrix tribute show.

Goodness played a couple of reunion shows this summer, so it was nice to see Danny, Chris and Carrie together on stage again, too.

Now if we could get Danny, Carrie, Rick, Chris & Mike to do a Rockfords reunion show I'd be one happy guy.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    you know i ordered the Rockfords from the 10C a few years ago and well I got the CD case but there wasn't a CD in it, and now I am just remembering this and I never sent it back.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • rockfords and brad are the two weakest side projects. i think the rockfords are weaker. but its cool, mad season is the best, so mike's got that going for him....actually second best. we'll give #1 to bayleaf......anything less would be uncivilized.

and just for shits lets rank them (im not including temple of the dog)

bayleaf
    mad season
    three fish
    into the wild
    wellwater conspiracy
    brad
    the rockfords

wonder where tone is gonna fit
    ovechkin8 wrote:
    rockfords and brad are the two weakest side projects. i think the rockfords are weaker. but its cool, mad season is the best, so mike's got that going for him....actually second best. we'll give #1 to bayleaf......anything less would be uncivilized.

and just for shits lets rank them (im not including temple of the dog)

bayleaf
    mad season
    three fish
    into the wild
    wellwater conspiracy
    brad
    the rockfords

wonder where tone is gonna fit

That's what great about music. I almost couldn't disagree more with your order, but we both like PJ.
  • jeffbr wrote:
    That's what great about music. I almost couldn't disagree more with your order, but we both like PJ.

its cool, i still like you (no homo)
    ovechkin8 wrote:
    its cool, i still like you (no homo)

LOL.

I forgot to put my list up in order:

Mad Season
    Brad
    The Rockfords
    Bayleaf
    Into The Wild
    Three Fish
    Wellwater Conspiracy.

I'll also admit that it could be that I rank Brad and The Rockfords so highly because they played frequently around Seattle, and were just a bunch of Seattle friends and musicians that liked to get on stage together. So there was a whole vibe with the live shows that was really great.
  • we're definitely talking what we like best here. obviously wellwater conspiracy is the most talented of the bunch, musically speaking.
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,488
    jeffbr wrote:
    LOL.

I forgot to put my list up in order:

Mad Season
    Brad
    The Rockfords
    Bayleaf
    Into The Wild
    Three Fish
    Wellwater Conspiracy.

I'll also admit that it could be that I rank Brad and The Rockfords so highly because they played frequently around Seattle, and were just a bunch of Seattle friends and musicians that liked to get on stage together. So there was a whole vibe with the live shows that was really great.

Can you count Into The Wild? I mean its a solo project not a side project - if that makes any sense
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    what? they are done?! i thought after they released waiting they had some mroe stuff. or at least that is what i read... the ep was just to keep us going until another album came out:... man.... no more rockfords... no more 3 fish...
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    I wish the Rockfords had done a proper small club tour (like Brad did a few years ago). I've got to pick up the EP, but the self titled album gets a lot of plays. Love the attitude on Sureshot.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    i have a fucking killer 2 disc show of their's from KUFALA. that is definitely worth the money. go get it!
    www.cluthelee.com
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Carrie has a great voice and I hope to see her collaborate with the Master sometime soon!

that would be awesome. she's got a great rock voice.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    edited March 2009
    Post edited by Surf Rider on
    Awesome band! If you've never listened to their one and only record, it is so good! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Mike has some tasty leads - and of course, we get to hear "Falling Down" transformed into "Distress" on it! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Here's hoping 24Bit Flac-HD & vinyl release. 
    demetrios said:
    Here's hoping 24Bit Flac-HD & vinyl release. 
    back to the future 121 gigawatts GIF
    www.cluthelee.com
    What was Nugs called prior? Whatever that was called, that's where I ordered the live in Seattle set. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    What was Nugs called prior? Whatever that was called, that's where I ordered the live in Seattle set. 

Kufala Recordings.
    demetrios said:
    Whoaoaoaoaaoawowow! Let's hope a new Rockfords record is on the way! Kufala, thanks D! 
    www.cluthelee.com

demetrios said:

That's cool, now everyone can enjoy this AMAZING record! Some tasty McCready solos on it! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    Such a great record front to back. I'm not going to hold my breath, but I'd love to see it get a vinyl pressing at some point.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
    DC29940 said:
    Such a great record front to back. I'm not going to hold my breath, but I'd love to see it get a vinyl pressing at some point.
    That would be awesome! 
    www.cluthelee.com