*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    31, 15 and 10. 

Just another incredibly dominant Embiid performance. Ho hum. 
    How was he in the last five minutes? 
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Can't believe I come on here and see a "Philly fan" trashing none other than Joel Embiid. Unbelievable.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Can't believe I come on here and see a "Philly fan" trashing none other than Joel Embiid. Unbelievable.
    The ironic part is he's always the one saying "typical Philly fan", or some other dumb such of trying to paint a picture of Philly fans eating "their own", while he proceeds with doing just that. It is amazing.

It is quite a miracle to watch and think your absolute stud star franchise player is the one issue you have with this team.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited January 2022
    The ironic part is he's always the one saying "typical Philly fan", or some other dumb such of trying to paint a picture of Philly fans eating "their own", while he proceeds with doing just that. It is amazing.

It is quite a miracle to watch and think your absolute stud star franchise player is the one issue you have with this team.
    You can make an argument that he's a top 4 or 5 Sixer of all time already at this point in his career, yet this guy keeps up his ridiculous nonsense. 

Also -its funny how he still doesn't understand the clutch stat as that game was a blowout. lol. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    i'm trashing the stat juggler used not the player.  know the difference. it's not hard.

i don't have a problem with Embiid's on court performance. he is one of the best players in the world, which i stated above.  i think he is a clown off the court and can't stay healthy but that's just me.  i have never trashed his on court performance. i did post you know an actual stat that i saw so for that i guess i should apologize if you guys can't handle an actual shooting statistic in a certain portion of the game.

i do hate the trust the process non-sense. what are we in like year 9 of that now?

You can make an argument that he's a top 4 or 5 Sixer of all time already at this point in his career, yet this guy keeps up his ridiculous nonsense. 

Also -its funny how he still doesn't understand the clutch stat as that game was a blowout. lol. 
    again thought you were ignoring me?  anyway i understand the dumb stat, i was just making a bad joke.  sue me.
    edited January 2022
    pjhawks said:

again thought you were ignoring me?  anyway i understand the dumb stat, i was just making a bad joke.  sue me.
    Lol. As stated, unfortunately if someone bothers to engage with you, sometimes curiosity wins out.

If your buzzer beater nonsense you saw on twitter is a real stat, please post the league leaders for this year, as anyone easily can with clutch (https://www.nba.com/stats/players/clutch-traditional/?sort=PTS&dir=-1)

Take your time on this one. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2022
    pjhawks said:

Lol. As stated, unfortunately if someone bothers to engage with you, sometimes curiosity wins out.

If your buzzer beater nonsense you saw on twitter is a real stat, please post the league leaders for this year, as anyone easily can with clutch (https://www.nba.com/stats/players/clutch-traditional/?sort=PTS&dir=-1)

you are such a clown. did i make up 1-29?  no i did not.  hopefully this isn't a tattle-tale type response by me but you never know.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    edited January 2022
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

you are such a clown. did i make up 1-29?  no i did not.  so eff off richard. hopefully that is not a tattle-tale type response.
    So in other words, no you cannot find the league leaders for your bullshit because nobody tracks such a thing. 

There is only one statistic kept throughout each year that accurately gauges a players effectiveness in clutch situations. Joel Embiid happens to lead the league in said category, whether you choose to accept that reality or not. Not sure what else to tell you. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2022
    Wow Jo also leads in fg% in clutch situations too with those over 2.5 attempts per game in that situation. Gosh, dare I say he's even more clutch than we previously thought? Thanks for drawing attention to this, Hawksy. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2022
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

you are such a clown. did i make up 1-29?  no i did not.  so eff off richard. hopefully that is not a tattle-tale type response.
    So in other words, no you cannot find the league leaders for your bullshit because nobody tracks such a thing. 

There is only one statistic kept throughout each year that accurately gauges a players effectiveness in clutch situations. Joel Embiid happens to lead the league in said category, whether you choose to accept that reality or not. Not sure what else to tell you. 

interesting how you pick and choose the one part of the whole page that embiid leads in.  points. 

and if it tracks only the last 5 minutes (per your comments) why do guys have over 5 minutes listed?  this i am honestly curious about.

and why does me posting 1-29 bother you so much? it's not something I made up and I found it quite interesting.   does it bother you because it doesn't show Embiid in a good light (19% less than league average that you posted) or does it just bother you because I posted it?
  • What is Simmons doing?
    edited January 2022
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

interesting how you pick and choose the one part of the whole page that embiid leads in.  points. 

and if it tracks only the last 5 minutes (per your comments) why do guys have over 5 minutes listed?  this i am honestly curious about.

and why does me posting 1-29 bother you so much? it's not something I made up and I found it quite interesting.   does it bother you because it doesn't show Embiid in a good light (19% less than league average that you posted) or does it just bother you because I posted it?
    Points per game...WHEN THE GAME IS ON THE LINE is not an important stat to you? Huh? Hey, how's about Field goal percentage? Because he leads the league in that as well, and with more shots attempted than anyone else. Nah, let's ignore that. That doesn't fit your narrative. Jesus Christ man, take the L and stop wasting our time with this drivel. 

Look, I know you didn't make it up. You saw someone tweet it. Big deal. I saw it too. It's one of those weird stats that pop up every now and then that gets people's attention (like how the 2nd greatest player ever also has a poor fg% in the same situation) but it's more of an anomaly than a real statistic that people use to gauge things. Because there actually is a stat that measures such things and here you are just completely ignoring it out of ignorance. lol.

Last week you said the clutch stat was "bogus" in part, because of the small sample size used, yet here you are claiming that this dumb tweet that takes 20 some shots (including half court and full court heaves) from over a 6 year period is more meaningful? Really? 

So to sum up your position, in order to judge Embiid's clutchness THIS year, you are choosing to ignore how he's performed in the 16 games he's played where the score is within 5 points with less than 5 minutes to go. You're  choosing to ignore his 6 points per game and 51% fg%, which both lead the league. You're also choosing to ignore his 46% from three point range, which in comparison, is 18% higher than Kevin Durant on a similar amount of attempts. You're choosing to ignore aaaallllll of this in place of one or two misses he had at the buzzer. If you cannot see how stupid that rationale is, there's nothing left to say. 

Wow. 

Also--I'm assuming the handful of guys with over 5 minutes are because of overtime, as that obviously starts within 5 points and less than 5 minutes to go. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2022
    What is Simmons doing?
    Probably at an LA Fitness somewhere passing up wide open dunks with less than 5 minutes to play in a tight game. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Juggs the game doesn't get decided until the last 5 seconds. Come on man.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • What is Simmons doing?
    Probably at an LA Fitness somewhere passing up wide open dunks with less than 5 minutes to play in a tight game. 
    lol, Haven't seen his name in the news in a bit.
    edited January 2022
    Juggs the game doesn't get decided until the last 5 seconds. Come on man.
    nor at 5:01 or later in the 4th quarter apparently.  I wonder if agents are telling their players 'don't shoot at 5:01, wait until 4:59 then it will be considered clutch'.   we can nit pick the timing all day long if you want.  so why did they choose 5 minutes for this?  Wouldn't 4 or 6 minutes be more viable?  i would think either the last 50% of the quarter or last 33% of the quarter would be more viable than the last 41.67% of the 4th quarter but hey what the fuck do i know?  i just posted actual numbers someone put on twitter that I thought was interesting. I didn't think so many would have a shit fit about it.  Maybe I just go back to the Eagles thread and see you guys try to walk back on all your criticisms of Lurie and Roseman since they made the playoffs once again.
    edited January 2022
    What is Simmons doing?
    lol, Haven't seen his name in the news in a bit.
    Well hopefully there's a trade in the next 6 weeks or so. Dummy has already lost $10 million bucks.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    I came across this really cool article about this guy that designed a potential uniform for the Sixers in the early/mid 80s. 

I think the overall look is pretty cool and would not mind them using this as a city edition in the future. 

• RiotZact said:
    I came across this really cool article about this guy that designed a potential uniform for the Sixers in the early/mid 80s. 

I think the overall look is pretty cool and would not mind them using this as a city edition in the future. 

That is hideous man...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    RiotZact said:

That is hideous man...
    Yep.
    God awful.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    I came up much better designs than that when I was in middle school. Used to doodle around with them around when the Sixers went to that garbage star uniform in '92ish. I liked the article though. Cool to see his thought process, as flawed as it was. lol

Hey @Poncier ...your team sucks. You think they'd have any interest in a Ben for Jalen deal? Seems like it could help both squads...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I came up much better designs than that when I was in middle school. Used to doodle around with them around when the Sixers went to that garbage star uniform in '92ish. I liked the article though. Cool to see his thought process, as flawed as it was. lol

Hey @Poncier ...your team sucks. You think they'd have any interest in a Ben for Jalen deal? Seems like it could help both squads...
    I believe Brown being traded (for anyone) has been shot down already.
    Brown for Simmons is lopsided. Sixers would have to include more.
    Poncier said:

I believe Brown being traded (for anyone) has been shot down already.
    Brown for Simmons is lopsided. Sixers would have to include more.
    Yeah I know. They would be the centerpieces obviously. What do you mean shot down? Don't Brown and Tatum kind of do similar things though? I'd think Ben would fit better with Tatum.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Shot down by Celts management. The media here (much like what you just said) thinks that Brown and Tatum are too similar and trading one of them is the way forward. It was leaked a little while back that front office has no intention of trading either.
    Of course things could change, but at this point it appears Brown wouldn't be on the market.
    This has got to be the best stretch of basketball Embiid’s ever played. Last month or so since coming back from Covid. Just unstoppable. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    If only our former point guard would've been able to do things like this...

chinese-happy.jpg
  • This has got to be the best stretch of basketball Embiid’s ever played. Last month or so since coming back from Covid. Just unstoppable. 
    He is going to need some serious help come playoff time though.  

It always gets crazy different during the playoffs.
    This has got to be the best stretch of basketball Embiid’s ever played. Last month or so since coming back from Covid. Just unstoppable. 
    He is going to need some serious help come playoff time though.  

It always gets crazy different during the playoffs.
    Of course. This is just a weird year because of the Simmons shit. If there is a trade at the deadline, it usually takes time for the new players to develop chemistry and stuff too. 

He's been playing out of his mind lately though. Every aspect of his game is on another level right now. 
    chinese-happy.jpg