Options

Good News

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,689

Good news

last sunday I look for Let There Be Rock at my local. No gots. Ordered in the spot but its backordered.....

Monday on a used record flip video they do , what do I see?  Motherfucking AC/DC LET THERE BE ROCK.  Scored from a hold....

AND been looking for Live Alive SRV and Double Trouble. Scored on of 2 promo copies that just came in. mint/mint- condition.

added a 68 Jimi Axis Bold as Love and 68 Cash Live at Folsom Prison....

Kind of Blue reissue as a gift to a 9 yr old? in poland for Santa day...

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Hubble telescope's bigger, more powerful successor to soar
    By MARCIA DUNN
    Today

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) — The Hubble Space Telescope’s successor is a time-traveling wonder capable of peering back to within a hair’s breadth of the dawn of the universe. And it's finally on the brink of flight.

It will be the biggest and most powerful astronomical observatory ever to leave the planet, elaborate in its design and ambitious in its scope. At a budget-busting $10 billion, it is the most expensive and also the trickiest, by far, to pull off.

Set to soar after years of delay on Friday, the James Webb Space Telescope will seek out the faint, twinkling light from the first stars and galaxies, providing a glimpse into cosmic creation. Its infrared eyes will also stare down black holes and hunt for alien worlds, scouring the atmospheres of planets for water and other possible hints of life.

“That’s why it’s worth taking risks. That’s why it’s worth the agony and the sleepless nights,” NASA's science mission chief Thomas Zurbuchen said in an interview with The Associated Press.

NASA Administrator Bill Nelson said he's more nervous now than when he launched on space shuttle Columbia in 1986.

“There are over 300 things, any one of which goes wrong, it is not a good day," Nelson told the AP. "So the whole thing has got to work perfectly.”

The Webb telescope is so big that it had to be folded origami-style to fit into the nose cone of the European Ariane rocket for liftoff from the coast of French Guiana in South America. Its light-collecting mirror is the size of several parking spots and its sunshade the size of a tennis court. Everything needs to be unfolded once the spacecraft is speeding toward its perch 1 million miles (1.6 million kilometers) away.

article continued at link above

Post edited by Kat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Steelers beat the Browns.

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Scientists in Israel train goldfish to drive on land

What a fucking time to be alive…just amazing.  Good for them fishies.  Some day billions of years from now the fish will be keeping us in bowls…and this is how it started.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    I didn't know where to put this so here it is

Today would have been Betty White's 100th birthday. In her honor, please donate $5 (or more) to your local animal rescue which was a cause she very much supported.

Thanks!
  • Options

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,682
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
  • Options
    gift article.....

Boxes kept coming from a mystery donor. An obituary revealed her name.
    By Theresa Vargas
    December 23, 2023 at 11:00 ET
    In the weeks leading up to Christmas last year, piles of packages from strangers arrived daily at the Virginia home of Susan Thompson-Gaines.
    It was her third year of running a gift-giving project out of her house, an effort that involves her placing a desk in her yard, encouraging children to write letters to Santa and granting their wishes by buying and wrapping items on their lists. The first two years, it was a neighborhood effort. But last year, she expanded it to give others a way to provide gifts for the more than 200 children who wrote letters. She created an Amazon Wish List, and as people across the country learned about the project, they started clicking away.
    That’s when the first package from E. A. Raven arrived.

continues.....

• Options
    What a great story!
    Here's the link to the wishlist for The Little Yellow Pantry is anybody wants to send something
    Amazon.com
  • Options
    https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Living/college-students-raise-money-surprise-security-guard-trip/story?id=108043033

This made me cry while I was smiling. 
    I wish that good news stories were profiled a lot more. Positivity breeds more of the same.
     As someone I admire greatly says, "Go out and do something nice for someone else today."
     :)