______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
    random discogs selection , first 2022 record spinning..... 
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    That's a good one. Happy new year Miles

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602

That’s a hard find.  How long have you had it?

I don’t know what is holding up a re release of this.
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited January 2022
    mrussel1 said:

This one I’ve had since probably 2005. I remember it not being particularly easy to find then 

if I was betting I would say busted stuff gets released on vinyl before BTCS gets a reissue 

im all for a reissue though. It sounds great but no where near how good crash on vinyl sounds 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
    mrussel1 said:

This one I’ve had since probably 2005. I remember it not being particularly easy to find then 

if I was betting I would say busted stuff gets released on vinyl before BTCS gets a reissue 

im all for a reissue though. It sounds great but no where near how good crash on vinyl sounds 
    Allegedly, BTCS exists on tape, like Crash did.  I don't know if that's true, but that's what's been thrown around the forums in the past.  I was sure 2018 would bring the reissue at 20 years, but not a peep.

I've never heard whether Busted Stuff was recorded analog or what. I've always felt like those songs were over-cooked, over-Eq'ed or something, compared to Lillywhite, which I think are just about perfection.
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Allegedly, BTCS exists on tape, like Crash did.  I don't know if that's true, but that's what's been thrown around the forums in the past.  I was sure 2018 would bring the reissue at 20 years, but not a peep.

I've never heard whether Busted Stuff was recorded analog or what. I've always felt like those songs were over-cooked, over-Eq'ed or something, compared to Lillywhite, which I think are just about perfection.
    If its not done at 25 years, I can’t imagine them doing it. 

There has got to be a reason it hasn’t been done. It’s by far their best album and they would probably make a lot of money doing it. However I think the bar is set really high. If they can’t improve on the original for whatever reason that may be why. 

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

If its not done at 25 years, I can’t imagine them doing it. 

There has got to be a reason it hasn’t been done. It’s by far their best album and they would probably make a lot of money doing it. However I think the bar is set really high. If they can’t improve on the original for whatever reason that may be why. 
    Yeah but there's only 3k originals so I don't think the bar is very high to release this.  People will buy it,  even if it's just ok. 
    Good fly tying music. May hit the river. The ocean doesn't want me today.

^^Yo. I remember waiting for that album to come out and grabbing it. Awesome.
    I'm going for the mellow vibe. May turn it up later.

Loujoe said:

discogs random choices

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    mickeyrat said:
    Loujoe said:

discogs random choices
    I think this year I will try to play one Discogs random choice a day. It may remind me to listen to things I haven’t pulled out in a while or that I usually pass over for something else. 

edited January 2022

ram through this and momentary lapse on apple the other night at work. need to pick these up.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• mickeyrat said:

ram through this and momentary lapse on apple the other night at work. need to pick these up.
    If you liked it on Apple, you will love it on vinyl. This album never sounded better imo. Disc one has a slight warp but its in the cue for a day in the vinyl flat when it arrives. 

I would also suggest the 45 RPM “Remix and Updated” version of Momentary Lapse of Reason released in October. Some folks may prefer the original mix, but the remix version sounds like less of a David Gilmour solo album to me. Keyboards and bass are more forward in mix

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

just spun this the other day. love it. and i fucking accidentally ordered two copies. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• just spun this the other day. love it. and i fucking accidentally ordered two copies. 
    It is great.  A little bit of surface noise on mine but other than that, flat and sounds great and it’s Gord. The Never-Ending Present just finished… what a song.

That 2nd copy could be good trade bait for you for another vinyl want! Recordland here in Cowtown had four of the 2000 copies.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

just spun this the other day. love it. and i fucking accidentally ordered two copies. 
    It is great.  A little bit of surface noise on mine but other than that, flat and sounds great and it’s Gord. The Never-Ending Present just finished… what a song.

That 2nd copy could be good trade bait for you for another vinyl want! Recordland here in Cowtown had four of the 2000 copies.
    yeah, down the line I suppose.....i think you can still get copies online. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848

1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Loujoe said:

Attaboy 
    Tying some flies for fishing, so seems appropriate. May bring me some well needed luck. A large sturgeon perhaps.
  • That is a nice fat 200g slice of wax there. Hope your fishing brings something that scrumptious 
    Nice slice of cheese.