The Food Thread

Comments

• eddiec said:
    Clogging my arteries on Friday. Excited to quite excited

http://www.nycprimerib.com/

That should be fun.
    Steak looks pretty damn good, but I bet the star will be the wine. If you're gonna eat a hundred dollar steak, wine needs to be, what? at least 300/bottle, no?

So yeah, and this is no ordinary affair.  Have the CEO of a company I work closely with, along with his exec team flying out from Austin and taking me out Friday.

Hotel at The Beekman, with a reservation at the bar before dinner. Then this place, then who knows.

But yeah, I would imagine the wine order is going to be pretty phenomenal.

Not your nickel?  By all means enjoy.  Can I pick the wine for you?

That aged Bone in would be what I'm having, thank you.  The prime rib should by all tense and purposes not be a $75 cut and I can get a really good one for a third of that at a bunch of places.  Aging a steak is an art though and man do I always go for that!

If the Bearnaise is good then that will be one hell of a meal.

Both the 2011 Bourdeaux will be excellent.  If you really want to get crazy 2001 was an amazing wine year.

Enjoy and please report back.  Pics of the wine too.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    It's been way too long since I've been to a quality steakhouse. Fucking global pandemic.

Enjoy Cliff!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    It's been way too long since I've been to a quality steakhouse. Fucking global pandemic.

Enjoy Cliff!
    I hadn’t been to one since the beginning of the pandemic and went Del Friscos a couple weeks ago, then went to Ashton after to smoke cigars and drink whiskey. Was a good evening.

Now this…I think I need to take up F Me’s training regimen 
    eddiec said:

That should be fun.
    Steak looks pretty damn good, but I bet the star will be the wine. If you're gonna eat a hundred dollar steak, wine needs to be, what? at least 300/bottle, no?

So yeah, and this is no ordinary affair.  Have the CEO of a company I work closely with, along with his exec team flying out from Austin and taking me out Friday.

Hotel at The Beekman, with a reservation at the bar before dinner. Then this place, then who knows.

That aged Bone in would be what I'm having, thank you.  The prime rib should by all tense and purposes not be a $75 cut and I can get a really good one for a third of that at a bunch of places.  Aging a steak is an art though and man do I always go for that!

Both the 2011 Bourdeaux will be excellent.  If you really want to get crazy 2001 was an amazing wine year.

Pics to come for sure. I was thinking bone in rib-eye, can’t remember the last steakhouse I went to and didn’t get that but was wondering if prime rib is their thing if I have to do it. I’ll likely go ribeye

One of my best friends had a dinner the other day and they did 2018 Opus One, so we gotta beat that lol. Will report back 

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

Enjoy Cliff!
    I hadn’t been to one since the beginning of the pandemic and went Del Friscos a couple weeks ago, then went to Ashton after to smoke cigars and drink whiskey. Was a good evening.

That is awesome.  You are gonna have a blast.  Also been since pandemic for big boy steakhouse for me.

Running at 400 AM builds character

(Also, I've gained about ten pounds in 45 days of being on the shelf due to injury.  If you're going to eat like a runner, you need to run!)

Have a blast.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    What was your order?

Drooling justing thinking about it.

Got a new toy.  Already have some of their other blades but didn't have a sashimi one.

Global? 
    Yessir.  

eddiec said:
    What was your order?

Drooling justing thinking about it.

Got a new toy.  Already have some of their other blades but didn't have a sashimi one.

Lovely.
    Guess you'll be slicing some raw fish in the near future.
    💯
  • eddiec said:

That should be fun.

Pics to come for sure. I was thinking bone in rib-eye, can’t remember the last steakhouse I went to and didn’t get that but was wondering if prime rib is their thing if I have to do it. I’ll likely go ribeye

One of my best friends had a dinner the other day and they did 2018 Opus One, so we gotta beat that lol. Will report back 

Opus one is too easy to beat w that menu they have.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139

Enjoy Cliff!

That is awesome.  You are gonna have a blast.  Also been since pandemic for big boy steakhouse for me.

(Also, I've gained about ten pounds in 45 days of being on the shelf due to injury.  If you're going to eat like a runner, you need to run!)

Have a blast.
    What time do you go to sleep? 4am??
    chinese-happy.jpg

Enjoy Cliff!

Have a blast.
    What time do you go to sleep? 4am??
    Depends on the day.  930 is target for early rises

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Made a nice board for date night.  :)

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Just you and your Queen?
    First, that looks awesome 👍
    Second, you may not poop for a few days if you eat all that cheese.
    Just sayin'.  :lol:.   
    Yeah just me and the wife.  We had the kids watch a Disney movie in the basement.  

I went with manchengo, Spanish tapa cheese, and Vermont cheddar.  There were some leftovers.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah just me and the wife.  We had the kids watch a Disney movie in the basement.  

I went with manchengo, Spanish tapa cheese, and Vermont cheddar.  There were some leftovers.  
    VT cheddar for the win!
    (Cabot Seriously Sharp?)
    mcgruff10 said:

VT cheddar for the win!
    (Cabot Seriously Sharp?)
    It wasn’t Cabot.  Damn I can’t remember.  Will report back.  We enjoyed the machengo the most.   
    Just an unreal evening and incredible place. Best steak I have ever had, I think 
    Wow.  Which one did you end up going with?
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    Just an unreal evening and incredible place. Best steak I have ever had, I think 

Do tell.  The vibe in that place is amazing.
    We ordered for the table. Shitty pic but you get it. Prime rib, bone in rib-eye and bone in strip. Also got the burger, oysters and other stuff. Frank family wine. The guy that took me has a standing Friday reservation so I’ll be taking advantage of that.  

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    Very nice!

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    We ordered for the table. Shitty pic but you get it. Prime rib, bone in rib-eye and bone in strip. Also got the burger, oysters and other stuff. Frank family wine. The guy that took me has a standing Friday reservation so I’ll be taking advantage of that.  

Yum. That looks amazing. I haven’t had a good steak in a while. Is that mac and cheese?
    Fucking - A - Beautiful
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Had this as an app last night. Mushroom carpaccio - portobello, Parmesan, balsamic, goat cheese cream, pickled onion. Damn tasty but I was more impressed with the appearance.

That looks great.  I'd demo that

Reading a book with my son, we saw reference to Figgy pudding and looked up pics of since I couldn't describe what it was.

When we looked at the picture he said "it looks like poop with a flower on it."
    He's not wrong.

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596
    Funny. Don't eat the holly. (Or the pudding)
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    Malasada's from Leonard's Bakery in Honolulu. Delicious treat.
  • Wow.  Which one did you end up going with?

Béarnaise can make or break a steak too.

How was that?
    Oh yeah.
    Have fun out there!

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Oh yeah.
    Have fun out there!

We need a Leonard’s vs. Provincetown Portuguese Bakery malasada showdown. 

Someone make it happen. I’ve already volunteered to be a judge. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I'd be happy to taste test as many of those as you want to throw at me.
  • I'd be happy to taste test as many of those as you want to throw at me.
    Dude...  I would love it if you barked like a seal and I could throw these at you.  Just sayin'...