Beware Alert - belinda27

Comments

• cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625
    Yep got me too. Sent her $350 for a Mercer photo. Radio silence since. 
    If it means anything at all, I'm friends with Belinda but haven't been able to make contact with her for a while - early October to be honest - doesn't excuse the non contact in the transaction, but may be a really good (or bad) reason as to why this has happened. Hope all is ok and is resolved properly..
    I last received a message from her 11/25. 
    Well she's done it twice since I paid her on 11/17. Put yourself in my shoes, ignoring who she is. Paid on 11/17, had to follow up to get any response on 11/24, at which time she made excuses for not shipping. Silent since. That sounds like someone is getting ripped off to me...
    Makes two
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    Something is very wrong. She hasnt surfaced for days. I sincerely hope she is ok. 

I know its been said by many, but she has always made good previously, however it is concerning that she has fallen off the face of the earth. Fingers crossed she is just taking a little time away to reset things. The world can get overwhelming at times and she may have needed to step away. I am just really hoping its nothing more serious

....I am not in any way downplaying the issues created, I would be pretty pissed if this had happened to me, and certainly not looking to make excuses, but this is definitely worrying. 
    pdalowsky said:
    Something is very wrong. She hasnt surfaced for days. I sincerely hope she is ok. 

I know its been said by many, but she has always made good previously, however it is concerning that she has fallen off the face of the earth. Fingers crossed she is just taking a little time away to reset things. The world can get overwhelming at times and she may have needed to step away. I am just really hoping its nothing more serious

....I am not in any way downplaying the issues created, I would be pretty pissed if this had happened to me, and certainly not looking to make excuses, but this is definitely worrying. 
    Agreed. Here is hoping she is ok. We had lovely interactions. Shared pictures of some of our prized pieces. Talked shows. Talked Covid in Austrailia compared to the US. I never suspected a fraud. I wish her the best and that we all get our items or money back. 

Paul what are you selling? LOL
  • andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,789
    Knights in White Satin.......
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Hope everyone gets sorted and that the seller is ok. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    edited December 2021
    cmalisze said:
    Geez...I saw she had them up for sale. The only silver lining in any of this is the fact that "eventually" she has made good. I don't think I've heard from anyone that paid her and never received what they paid for. 

The fact still remains that this is no way to do any kind of business with anyone. She continually gets a free pass over and over and over again by so many people. Why? Just because she makes good months after being paid? When is enough enough?
    cmalisze said:
    Geez...I saw she had them up for sale. The only silver lining in any of this is the fact that "eventually" she has made good. I don't think I've heard from anyone that paid her and never received what they paid for. 

The fact still remains that this is no way to do any kind of business with anyone. She continually gets a free pass over and over and over again by so many people. Why? Just because she makes good months after being paid? When is enough enough?
    For the record, my care and concern are in no way giving someone a free pass for lack of follow through with a trade or sale on here. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    edited December 2021
    i say "Holy Grail" her again..... ha   what a joke
    Post edited by rustneversleeps on
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I also hope she's ok and that this whole mess gets sorted out.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    i say "Holy Grail" her again..... ha   what a joke
    Oh c'mon! That was given way before any of this. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    thoughts and prayers
  • andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,789
    cmalisze said:

For the record, my care and concern are in no way giving someone a free pass for lack of follow through with a trade or sale on here. 
    same...let's hope all are well
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
    thoughts and prayers
    Again, this suggests care and concern overlooks bad form. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    thoughts and prayers
    Again, this suggests care and concern overlooks bad form. 
    is that right?
    Clear it up for me if I'm wrong. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    thoughts and prayers
    Wow. Seriously?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    is that an order?
    is that an order?
    It's an invitation to share more. But you don't seem ready to do that based on your reply. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited December 2021
    is that an order?
    It's an invitation to share more. But you don't seem ready to do that based on your reply. 
    i'll let you know when i'm ready, thoughts and prayers until then
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    She seems to have enough friends here where a few hundred bucks wouldn’t be worth ruining your trade reputation. I may feel different if I was the one out money, but hope everything is ok. Hope the buyers get answers soon and everyone is heathy.
    edited December 2021
    mace1229 said:
    She seems to have enough friends here where a few hundred bucks wouldn’t be worth ruining your trade reputation. I may feel different if I was the one out money, but hope everything is ok. Hope the buyers get answers soon and everyone is heathy.
    apparently it doesn't ruin her reputation.  didnt before.
    Post edited by rustneversleeps on
    mace1229 said:
    I would say her trade rep is shot, just an opinion, and I'm not seeing how wishing someone is ok means she gets a free pass or endorses this kind of trading behavior on Lost Dogs. I would say the damage is done, and would be floored if anyone deals with her here again if she resurfaces. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    mace1229 said:
    I would say her trade rep is shot, just an opinion, and I'm not seeing how wishing someone is ok means she gets a free pass or endorses this kind of trading behavior on Lost Dogs. I would say the damage is done, and would be floored if anyone deals with her here again if she resurfaces. 
    I hope she's ok too. But I hate that some people are using that as an excuse as to why she disappears for weeks/months at a time, all the while having people's money and not sending them what they paid for. 

I would be much more empathetic had she not posted twice on her own fb page after I had already paid her. Seems she was doing just fine for at least 7-10 days after taking my money...
    mace1229 said:
    I hope she's ok too. But I hate that some people are using that as an excuse as to why she disappears for weeks/months at a time, all the while having people's money and not sending them what they paid for. 

I would be much more empathetic had she not posted twice on her own fb page after I had already paid her. Seems she was doing just fine for at least 7-10 days after taking my money...
    That's majorly fucked up. Again, not excusing that behavior. Are folks referring to a history of this beyond your post OP? 
    www.cluthelee.com
    mace1229 said:

she'll be back in 6 months selling items, and getting the "BUMP FOR A GREAT SELLER" treatment
    mace1229 said:

That's majorly fucked up. Again, not excusing that behavior. Are folks referring to a history of this beyond your post OP? 
    Oh I know you're not. I was simply referring to people saying that she "eventually" comes through as if that's some sort of endorsement. 
    edited December 2021
    mace1229 said:

she'll be back in 6 months selling items, and getting the "BUMP FOR A GREAT SELLER" treatment
    I doubt that. 

It's messed up that she isn't responding to the buyers for sure, but I truly think the damage has been done to her selling reputation here. That being said, I can't speak to what's going on on Facebook. It is still ok to hope that they are doing well, however. I wouldn't wish ill towards anyone--no matter how bad they screwed me on a sale/trade. Again, that's me. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    edited December 2021
    pdalowsky said:

I've said it before Paul, I sincerely hope she's ok too. But apparently, she does this ALL THE TIME. I've read people's responses or PMs directly to me. And it's literally dozens of people over the course of years that she's ghosted for weeks/months at a time after taking their money. So this is not a one-off instance, this is a pattern...
    Post edited by Brane_of_JFK on