*** Las Vegas Fanviews 7/6 Here ***

124»

Comments

• Gators76Gators76 Posts: 160
    PahkTheCah wrote:
    I've heard rumor of Ed saying something like he couldn't wait to get out of Vegas .... anyone know the whole rant?
    Dont know where or when he said that. I was at Vegas and SD and his rant in SD was stupid. One minute he said it was bad because of health issues, which were clear during the Vegas show, then he said the crowd wasnt great, which was complete bullshit.

While living in Vegas I have noticed alot of the performers specifally ask to have humidifiers in their rooms and when the go out to restaraunts because going in and out of the dry 110 degree heat inside to 68 degrees can do some damge to the vocals. Keep in mind they were here 2 days prior to the show so it adds up. When Madonna was here a few months back she made a HUGE deal about the humidifiers. She played at the MGM aswell.

Lastly, I really enjoyed both Vegas and SD. I purchased both boots because both shows were unique in their own way....Besides the fact that I was there:)
    Toledo 96, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Vegas 06,
    San Diego 06.....Do I want some more? I said FUCK YEAH!!!!
  • I was at both the Vegas and San Diego shows as well, and have no complaints about either show. Las Vegas was my first PJ concert, and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The crowd was insane, singing along for quite a few songs. The crown seemed louder during the short encore breaks than the band did when they came back out, it was unbelievable. This show had a really intense energy, Ed barely talked at all in between songs.

The Las Vegas and the San Diego shows combined really well, because they felt very different. I'd say it looked like the band had more fun in San Diego for sure, but the crowd seemed more into it in Las Vegas. There were 47 songs during the two shows and only 10 repeats!!!

Between the two shows:

Ten: 6 songs (2 repeats) - Oceans
    Vs: 6 songs (1 repeat) - Rats
    Vitalogy: 4 songs (2 repeats) - Satan's Bed
    No Code: shut out of both
    Yield: 4 songs (no repeats) - Brain of J, Faithfull
    Binaural: 1 song
    Riot Act: 3 songs (no repeats) - You Are rocks live
    Pearl Jam: 12 songs (5 repeats) - Big Wave
    Singles: 1 song
    Merkinball: 1 song
    Lost Dogs: 2 songs (no repeats)
    Covers: 7 songs (no repeats) - Crown of Thorns!

I have both boots, and they both bring the memories back and a smile to my face.
  • danphxarizdanphxariz Posts: 29
    I was at the Vegas show also and just wanted to share some thoughts as well as some of the pictures I took. I posted the pics in a set on Flickr, and the address to see them is:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59467770@N00/sets/72157594206258882/

I've seen the band live many times, I've been a 10c member for something like 13 years now. I wish I would have gotten tickets to more shows on this tour, but Vegas was the one I chose to see. I live in Phoenix, so it's not a very long trip, I like going to Vegas, and I'd never seen a show at the MGM Garden before. I had absolutely great 10c seats (thank you thank you thank you), and I got Ed's pick, I believe from the pre-show opener. It's black, and has "EV" on one side, and a logo on the other side. I got one of Mike's picks at the last show I went to (a big blue one with white writing), so I'm having good luck on the pick front.

The show was awesome, but it really got crazy for me when they started playing Rats. That was probably my FAVORITE Pearl Jam song when I was in college, and I remember bellowing that song at the top of my lungs when I was wasted more times than I could count. I have NEVER heard them sing that song live before, and I didn't think I ever would (although I was at both Denver shows in 1994, and the set lists say they played Rats there in both, but all I recall is some instrumental quotes from it, not the full version - I might have been too drunk to remember though lol). Anyway, after Rats this show just became amazing, I was way into it and so was everybody around me. The band seemed happier than most times I've seen them also. Ed even pointed at me once, which was awesome ... so this is one happy lucky motherfucker.

What really topped it off is the first picture in the photo set on Flickr, which someone else took and posted. It is a picture of Ed playing his pre-show thing, and ME in the foreground with my arm raised in the air! How amazing is that ... all I did to find it was google "Pearl Jam Las Vegas", and that was the first picture I clicked on - how amazing is that??? HUGE thank you to Keri Necker for taking that and posting it.

Also big thanks to the band for putting on another great show, and for the great fan club - nobody compares to Pearl Jam. Next tour I'm going to get tickets to a few shows and maybe take a couple weeks off to do it, hope I don't have too long to wait!

Dan
    "Butter hands" flew from her side? I wish I had butter hands. Mmmm, butter.
  • ptfarkasptfarkas Posts: 4
    loved the Elvis bit, was it planned or were the encore's winning the night????
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • TonykinTonykin Posts: 252
    Vegas show was really great!! the cover was awsome.
    I was surprised about Inside job as an opener. when he came out with that silver jacket I thought they would play bushleaguer. I was expecting ritfw as closer.. anyways was AMAZING!!

"... Tan suato mi'jo!!"

-Salomón & Artemisa Vargas
  • MellowCatMellowCat Posts: 38
    Just added some video clips to You Tube of the Vegas show. I'm not going to win any awards for the quality of these, but here they be...proof that Vegas rocked, contrary to popular opinion...

Parachutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5hAhgtQxCc

Green Disease:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNIfhnkJq6w

DTE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI_MI9LZFOA

Gone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz_Sfi12TUM

Evenflow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZYfXXeVFNk

Rats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngFG236RD3s
  • jorgemsjorgems Posts: 276
    does anyone have an mp3 of the pre-set? (man of the hour)
    Albuquerque 98, BSB 99, Houston 2000, San Antonio 2003, Monterrey 2005, Las Vegas 2006, Los Angeles Night 2 2008 (Ed Solo)
  • I went with my nephew who is in his beginnings of the road life with his own band. this was my first trip to Vegas as well, totally went for the Pearl Jam concert- It totally rocked. I cried during alive, which is my anthem. black was incredible- once you hear it live, it is a whole new experience. Pearl Jam has been on constant play at my house since the show, in the car, in the shower, on my phone- everyone gets to share in the happiness. My nephew was so inspired to follow Eddie's example and hopefully one day when he is as great as Pearl Jam with his band "From the Ashes", he swears to always do an opener and announce his opening act. Thanks Boys, for one of the most memorable times of my life. I will take it to the Grave singing "Ohhh, I, I'm still alive! Yeah I- OOhh, I'm still alive, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!"
  • Had the opportunity to meet so many Pearl Jammers in Vegas!! We checked out the line at the ticket office at 7 am... yeah we know!! The seats are predetermined. Only one person in line.... walked the MGM Grand.....couldn't help it ...got in line at 8am;Only 2 ahead of us. Nice..
    More people mingled their way in.. talked about our member numbers and stalked every bus that came by or slowed...
    Although , I think Member Number does have it's place, What about those of us who make the effort to hang out at Moose's Beach House and arrive early to stand in the blistering sun, praying for a cloud....Are we any less of a fan because for whatever reason our number isn't "LOW" enough? Enough whining.
    They show was AMAZING!! Deffinetly a FANCLUB Show! The singing of every song, new and old was astounding! At first I felt somewhat jaded by the show, but as i listen to the cd's... It becomes more... Much more. I feel like Home. I feel so Alive and free! I feel comfortable. I adored the show. I have a feeling we were supposed to get "Ledbetter"... But , then again, maye not.
    Here's to good people, good fun, and great music!! Thanks !!
  • I tried for Ledbetter. I was in the front by Eddie and when he said goodnight after the 2nd encore set I was trying to get his attention and ask him to come back and sing us out with YL ... I know alot of people are sick of that song but I still like it what can I say. I was like, "come on - you've got more wine, please do YL." He just looked back at me and shook his head no, like he just wanted to get out of there. He said his voice was hurting and although I couldn't really tell in person because I was so amped to be there, I can really hear it on the bootleg. I really enjoyed the show too though, it was awesome - and I'd never been to the MGM Garden before, although I've been to Vegas many times, so that was very cool too.
    "Butter hands" flew from her side? I wish I had butter hands. Mmmm, butter.