*** Las Vegas Fanviews 7/6 Here ***

Comments

• Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    who made you king?

narcs are the problem
    First of all, I never have and I never would narc on anyone. But...HELLO??? No one had to make anyone king....it's the law, isn't it? What? Are you now the "decider" and above the law? Think about what kind of citizen doesn't uphold the law and meet me in the moving train where we can talk about how as ridiculous as some laws may be, if citizens willingly break them, they are undermining any chance of having a truly functional, responsible and successful society.

As for the comments about me being from Utah....it's not what you think. It has nothing to do with geography or religion or anything like that. I'm on fucking probation so I get tested every week. It's an oral swab, not UA so drinking anything doesn't help me pass if I'm dirty. I've chosen to be clean, not because I don't think I can get away with it because I think I could if I wanted to. But I chose to be clean because I respect myself and my body and try not to do the obviously stupid things that are harmful to it. That wasn't always the case, which is how I ended up on probation in the first place.

Anyway, back to testing....for my probation, the threshold for THC is very very low and for the tests I'm taking, second-hand smoke from weed can absolutely show up as me being dirty. I know many will disagree but I know someone that got screwed from second-hand weed smoke and I've talked to the lab several times so I know what I'm talking about....I'm not saying it's likely, but it's definitely possible. So that's the reason I get annoyed with potheads....anywhere, not just at concerts. I imagine any of you would be fucking pissed if you got busted and tested dirty because of someone else lighting up next to you at a show.

I'm gonna say it again....just because it may be the social norm to smoke weed at concerts does not make it right.
  • applenut wrote:
    good for them. just because someone wants to smoke pot doesn't mean that I want to.

When did people start getting so fuckin lame?

I don't think people should drink beer at concerts anymore either. Because everytime someone carrying a cup of beer passes me in my seat, they spill it somewhere on my shoes??? Just because someone wants to drink beer doesn't mean my shoes want to....WAAAAAAAHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHH

You must be a blast at parties!
    Clear eyes, Full hearts, CAN'T LOSE!
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i do believe small amounts of marijuana have been de-criminalized in las vegas...so to the uptight crowd... GET OVER IT, IT IS A PLANT!
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    my2hands wrote:
    i do believe small amounts of marijuana have been de-criminalized in las vegas...so to the uptight crowd... GET OVER IT, IT IS A PLANT!
    that is correct , but i think this tight ass didnt want to break "MGM Grands" rules!
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• JoanneJoanne Posts: 98
    teskeinc wrote:
    that is correct , but i think this tight ass didnt want to break "MGM Grands" rules!

Could you please take the "reefer" discussion here?

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=201635

This is a thread for FANVIEWS! I don't want to read your soapbox speeches on both sides! I want to read about the show.
    We're still making records for people who listen to it all the way through, eyes closed, in that space.
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    Joanne wrote:
    Could you please take the "reefer" discussion here?

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=201635

This is a thread for FANVIEWS! I don't want to read your soapbox speeches on both sides! I want to read about the show.
    yeah and if you were not there then you were asked not to post here
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• denverfan wrote:
    Are you serious??? Do us all a favor and never attend another show!!! I'm past my smokin' days, but I love to see people rippin and havin' a good time at the shows...lighten up and get fucked! Your as about as good as the people who ask others to sit down at a concert!
    ha haaaa! yeah= gonna toke one in yo face fo sho in san fran!!!

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • JoanneJoanne Posts: 98
    teskeinc wrote:
    yeah and if you were not there then you were asked not to post here

Oh for god's sake - I can read them though. Get off it.
    We're still making records for people who listen to it all the way through, eyes closed, in that space.
  • Well just checked in to my hotel here in San Diego. No guilty pleasures like Vegas here, but there is the near perfect climate, scenery, women, etc...lol..anyhow. I enjoyed last night's Vegas show, kind of a different setlist, with Faithful, Green Disease(you think that was for Ken Lay?),Parachutes!! Awesome beginning with Ed the last one out for Inside Job, and yes Ed fucking up the Man of the hour preset!! He also butchered DTE, not too unusual there, and screwed up parachutes a bit too.

Awesome to see that silver jacket brought out for the Elvis cover!! And did anyone seem to notice Jeff's shiny shoes? I havent noticed them, amaybe it was the Vegas thing, and the black sockss seemed accentuated, perhaps to show that LV is gambling and that gambling was the ruin of the 1917 Chicago White Sox World Series(Black Sox scandal)? Maybe i am just seeing visions...lol

Ticket buddy was from MN and was his first PJ show! I was side stage, Mike's side, row J, which translated to about 12 rows up. Was hoping for more Ed, but he seemed to go over to Stone's side more.

Also, liked the way Ed shined the spotlight off of his guiotar throughout the whole arena, much like he did at Chicago 2. That is so neat! LOL

Last minute thing for tonight, so got behind stage,a ctually to the side a bit and elevated, row 22, got it thru Ticketbastard.
  • WesternskyWesternsky Posts: 363
    Thatks for the heads up on traffic Gil!

We are on our way to San Diego - had to jump on K's laptop for mapquest directions to the hotel! Now this is a drive by post.

Love the comment on the Green Disease and Lay correlation - nice observation. It was an interesting night to say the least. The set list was here and there, but it all came together so well.
    Thanks to everyone who made that night so special! ;)
  • lastexitlastexit 10923 Posts: 257
    I've chosen to be clean, not because I don't think I can get away with it because I think I could if I wanted to. But I chose to be clean because I respect myself and my body and try not to do the obviously stupid things that are harmful to it.
    You're still gonna die. Probably before me, as uptight as you are and such.
  • applenutapplenut Posts: 67
    When did people start getting so fuckin lame?

I don't think people should drink beer at concerts anymore either. Because everytime someone carrying a cup of beer passes me in my seat, they spill it somewhere on my shoes??? Just because someone wants to drink beer doesn't mean my shoes want to....WAAAAAAAHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHH

You must be a blast at parties!

you've obviously done too much pot if you think that is an intelligent analogy.

And for what its worth I think people who pay 50+ bucks to go to a concert and then get drunk are also pathetic, and I would prefer there not to be alcohol at events such as a concert. Especially for the drive home.

But what do I know, except how to take care of my body and enjoy a concert and actually remember what happened during it (oh, and save money from not buying 9 dollar beers)
  • Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    lastexit wrote:
    You're still gonna die. Probably before me, as uptight as you are and such.
    I'm not uptight at all...maybe you should read my posts before passing judgement. It's not even a huge deal to me, but since someone brought it up, I voiced my opinion. I understand people smoke at shows and I deal with it, but it's obviously selfish and inconsiderate, oh, and stupid too. Yeah, yeah, and just because you do it doesn't change the fact that it's stupid. I do stupid things too, we all do, so don't get all self-righteous on me and deny that it's stupid to smoke pot.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    My 10th show of this tour and last also of it. First time for myself being in Vegas and what a treat it was. Seeing PJ and the city that never sleeps. Inside Job by far the best version of it live I have seen. You just knew it was gonna be a great nite. I was on Stone's side 20 row or something. I didn't care where I was sitting. Just as long as I got to see PJ again. I love how they sprinkled in the new songs all along the show. The crowd was very much into as the band was. Its a show I can't wait to hear the boot. Parachutes sounded amazing and kick ass version of Rats. Little Sister was great and just everything played at vegas was. I'm still getting over that its over for myself for now. You know the post tour blues how it hits you. It hit me while at the airport today heading home. Lol I have had soo much fun on this tour and have met so many great people. I wish everyone the best and will see you again at the next show when I can make it. Keep the CCFA fundraisers going strong and we will reach that goal of $30,000. Very special thanks to Laura and Brent for starting a great cause and a way for all of us to get together and have a few drinks and enjoy PJ and make a difference.

Keep on Rocking PJ fans.

patrick
  • This show was excellent but was by far the WORST audience experience. I wasn't fortunate enough to get 10c seats to this show as it was sort of a last minute thing. My friend and I were the ONLY people in our section standing (it was his first show and had been coached on PJ fan etiquette ahead of time). Then HE sat down and I was the only one. I sat down during Daughter and some jackass behind me tapped me on the shoulder to tell me "thank you" for sitting. Fucking lame. Plus some dick was throwing beer all over EVERYONE. If any of you assholes were in section 104, you suck.

Other than that, show was great. The Dirty Frank stuff in the middle of Porch was AWESOME, as was Rats and Parachutes (neither of these I've heard live before Vegas).

Final word: after reading tonight's San Diego setlist...TO HELL WITH YOU ALL! By far best setlist on the tour.
    ~I'd list my shows here, but I've long since lost count~
  • lastexitlastexit 10923 Posts: 257
    I'm not uptight at all...maybe you should read my posts before passing judgement. It's not even a huge deal to me, but since someone brought it up, I voiced my opinion. I understand people smoke at shows and I deal with it, but it's obviously selfish and inconsiderate, oh, and stupid too. Yeah, yeah, and just because you do it doesn't change the fact that it's stupid. I do stupid things too, we all do, so don't get all self-righteous on me and deny that it's stupid to smoke pot.
    I'm the one being self-righteous? Maybe you should read your own posts before passing judgement.
  • PahkTheCahPahkTheCah Posts: 193
    My wife and I got back to Boston real late last night, I'm still a little depressed about this show being my last for this tour. I met a lot of cool people just walking around the strip etc. Anyway ....

Someone asked about Sonic Youth.... After the pre-set my wife and I were getting loaded at the 32 outside the venue.... we came back in to the last song they played. It was the loudest music I've ever heard.... mind you I've been in the front row a few times to Nine Inch Nails.... I don't know if it was that loud for the whole set, but Christ if it was .....

My wife loved the whole show they played all her favorites and she wasn't sitting on the floor, so she could see ....

I thought they played some of the best versions of most of their songs yet .... they came out looking pumped. However, the energy died about 1/2 way throught the first set. The crowd sucked in the middle. The energy picked up towards the end though. I was real happy to not hear RITFW or Yellow Ledbetter to close the show with. And who were the people leaving (ALOT of people) while the guys were still on stage after Porch? WTF people? Some of us were screaming and clapping our nuts off for another couple of songs and you have the courtesy to leave. Fuck You. They were still on the stage.
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    teskeinc wrote:
    Ed was complaining about a scratchy throat and being under the weather but you could never tell. No mentions of Bush on his birthday. I was surprised. Inside Job really caught me off gaurd as the opener. Rats and the reworked Garden were obviously highlights in the main set as well as Parachutes. Ed came out in his silver sequined jacket for an awesome version of Little Sister along with a couple of Elvis poses. The crowd was decent and got real loud towards the end. Lot of talkers in section F of the floor Row C especially and thanks to the 2 chicks going apeshit during Gone about someone smoking pot. Heaven forbid someone smokes pot at a rock concert. They actually went and got security and were screaming at Row D behind them. Not sure if that was actually what happened but never heard anything after that. All in all a great time and always nice to sleep in your own bed after an awesome night. Time to rest up for L.A.
    I smoked my joint during GONE with a cool guy from LA. Glad no one called security on me. I was dancing too much for them to hold me down and drag me out, anyway!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    Vegas = KICK ASS show!!!
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • glorified_jglorified_j Posts: 183
    Vegas was great. The first show for me of the tour. I had great seats. Six rows up from the floor section 13, Isle seats, a clear view for my girlfriend and I. Even though ed was sick his energy level was top notch. Mike McCready was amazing as usual. Comotose is fuckin sweet live. This show doesnt seem to be getting the same respect as the san diego show. Im not sure why. People like to exagerate on here, just because crown of thorns was played doesnt mean a show is epic. See u all in Santa Barbara and in san fran.
  • Long time fan, first post. I'm usually content to just read others observations and comments about my favorite band. I took a day to think about this but Las Vegas crowds suck, this hurts me to say because I'm a native born and breed. I've been to 10 shows around the country (and Canada) and have had remarkable experiences. Without going into all the details about the past, the last straw were 2 drunk fans Floor D row L 1 & 2. I didn't pay to hear you two discuss your ideal set list, likes and dislikes about every song. I didn't mind your off key sing along with your made up lyrics, but talking threw entire songs because its your least favorite on the album is bullshit. The burn was how all concert you pined for Comatose, and you would go back to the tables for the free drinks if they would just play the song. Then they play it in the 2nd encore, only to find out you two had left to go puke on each other. So, Sing along, smoke pot, sit, stand anything but talk to your buddy over Eddies lyrics. Anyway on to LA .
    PS: To the dude in front of me lay off the weed its making you paranoid my girl was not going to steal your posters.
  • Amazing Show!!! Had such a great time. Just got back to L.A. from 3 days in Vegas, and now feeling way too lucky that I get to see them Sunday and Monday at the Forum.

Faithfull, Rats, Parachutes, Garden, SOLAT, etc... The Boys were definitely on fire.

Ed mentioned something about having some health issues but that it wasnt "Game Over" just yet. Hope He's doing ok.
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    My 1st show of the tour and thought it was amazing. The crowd around me seemed like they were into it but honestly, i was jumping and dancing around too much to really watch other people!! I was in Section L14, Row G (#180xxx).

Now i am sorry i missed San Diego but onto L.A.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Rats! :d
    I knew it had to happen, I felt it was going to happen, and Ed came through for me! RATS!!!!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • BetterRadioBetterRadio Posts: 189
    If anyone was in U13 I apoligize for the girl with me. My attraction kind of faded with her after she wouldnt even stand with me for Alive. I cried during Alive. But the happiest cry ever. but, OH MY GOD. MY LIFE IS COMPLETE. Thank you Ed, Stone, Jeff, Matt, Mike and Boom. For 2 and 1 1/2 hours I was in total elation. There are not enough words to even describe my joy. Im still high. Ed, I know you werent feeling great but you gave the best fucking show i couldve ever asked for, you rule. Awesome seats, awesome people. Thanks to everone who stopped me on the street and said hello and shared PJ stories with me. Thanks to the Ten Club for giving me the best seats on the best day of my life. Sorry I missed the party guys, I was busy with other stuff. Thanks for rats, and I apoligize to the guy in the row in front of me for absolutely fucking losing myself and hitting your head during porch. Fucking amazing.
    They're gonna tell you where to walk
    When to smile and just what to say
    They say have your own fun...

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • applenut wrote:
    you've obviously done too much pot if you think that is an intelligent analogy.

And for what its worth I think people who pay 50+ bucks to go to a concert and then get drunk are also pathetic, and I would prefer there not to be alcohol at events such as a concert. Especially for the drive home.

But what do I know, except how to take care of my body and enjoy a concert and actually remember what happened during it (oh, and save money from not buying 9 dollar beers)

I can damn well spend my money an a 9 dollar beer if I want to and 50+ bucks for a concert ticket is peanuts. Especially in Vegas. Get off it. It's a concert...in Sin City. Shit happens. If you're afraid of shit...stay home. There's prostitutes on the streets too. Better not walk on the sidewalk...or do you call the cops when you see one and report that? Anyway. Please, take the thread elsewhere, it's boring to read every soapbox jumper on every damn concert review thread. Thanks.
  • I wasn't wild about Sonic Youth, I just caught the end but it seemed they were singing a basic scale...way loud. I think the crowd was just being polite in their applause ( I could be wrong but one of my friends agreed) Of course we were all antsy for PJ! They really rocked, and Little Sister was a great touch! They should record that one, Eddies voice is perfect for it! And what a hoot him coming out in the satin sparkly jacket...LOL! When he did the light thing off the guitar he looked like a God. He is so beautiful!! Very little interaction with the crowd as far as tossing picks or anything that I noticed. I had great seats...the second section back on the floor..dead center...Eddie right in my center view! Had an aisle seat in the front row of that section so lots of room but the security gaurds were real uptight about everyone staying behind the tape lines. So I asked the gaurd to move it cuz her and her beehive were like a wall between me and Eddie. Nice lady...she did move over for me! I felt so bad when Eddie said he was having health problems. He really was close to losing his voice there and then he seemed to have a big come back. He was swishing his throat quite often from what I could see. He was drinking from a mug and swishing and even spit it out so I'm thinking it was tea or something soothing for his throat. He certainly didn't spit any wine out ; ) Got to love them for giving their all....I think Eddies throat was the reason the scratched a couple songs from the second encore. Fortunate son also rocked, that was as close as Ed came to a political statement so I assume he really had to be under the weather ; ) Hey Eddie, Love ya!! You rock and you're beautiful!
  • just got back to Dallas, TX from Vegas. the show was amazing, could not have asked for more from the band. amazing set, great choice of songs, new and old. loved every second of it. crowd seemed great to me, i danced my ass off, paid way to much for drinks...but it didnt matter.

hoping i get to see them again this tour in TX...in 2007
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    My first show since Vancouver 2005. Really excited to see the new tunes. Also, got Rats, Faithfull, and Garden for the first time. (My 7th show ever).

I have to say that I was really looking forward to being a part of the Las Vegas experience....but the crowd was the weakest I've ever seen for PJ. Just my opinion. The crowd just didn't seem to keep the momentum going after the first few songs. Maybe everyone else lost their ass on the roulette wheel like I did.

Everyone in this thread already covered all the bases on the events. I really dig PJ's version of "Little Sister". Love it on the 10Club Christmas vinyl w/ Robert Plant, and this Vegas version was awesome too.

All I can say is.......I can't wait for PORTLAND and the GORGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, a friend of mine tied the knot at The Paris Wedding Chapel the next day after the show. Dumb motherfucker!!!!!

Also, I thought Sonic Youth was okay. My wife fucking hated them. She thought they were too loud and abstract. But, that's just her. I was glad she hung in there for the entire night. She's 5 months pregnant. I owe her big for this weekend.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • PahkTheCahPahkTheCah Posts: 193
    Vegas was great. The first show for me of the tour. I had great seats. Six rows up from the floor section 13, Isle seats, a clear view for my girlfriend and I. Even though ed was sick his energy level was top notch. Mike McCready was amazing as usual. Comotose is fuckin sweet live. This show doesnt seem to be getting the same respect as the san diego show. Im not sure why. People like to exagerate on here, just because crown of thorns was played doesnt mean a show is epic. See u all in Santa Barbara and in san fran.

Were you in L13 seats 9 and 10? If so my wife and I were in front of you ....