Options

*** Las Vegas Fanviews 7/6 Here ***

edwhoedwho Posts: 811
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
~

Ed Pre-Set: Man Of The Hour

Sonic Youth Set List Incinerate, Reena, What A Waste, Rapture, Eric's Trip, TBoy, Jams Run Free, Pink Steam, Or

Pearl Jam Set List: Inside Job, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Grievance, Given To Fly, Marker In The Sand, Faithfull, Even Flow, Gone, Daughter, Green Disease, Rats, Garden, Parachutes, State Of Love And Trust, Life Wasted, Do The Evolution

1st Encore: Little Sister, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Better Man / (Save It For Later), Black, Alive

2nd Encore: Go, Comatose, Fortunate Son, Porch

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Quest for pure Fanviews! Thank you for all your stories and views, edwho

Early Set List Source: Kostek, Asprivledgedasawhore and ACCBootlegGoddess.

Set List Source: theskyiscrape.com, sonicyouth.com and tenclub.net

~

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    WesternskyWesternsky Posts: 363
    Wow!!!
    That was insane. Amazing show - kinda odd setlist - but phenomenal. Mike is such a ROCKSTAR! Grievance (weren't we just talking about that?), Faithful, Rats and COMATOSE were just what I needed. :)
    Thank you Kaddikat for thinking that this trip was a good idea, and for coming with me. You rock girl! Also, THANK YOU for making Jeff's night with that shirt. I could be wrong, but I think he liked it. :D

edit - Whipping and American in Me were on the setlist for the encore, but were scratched out (source: the setlist Mike handed me :D ).
  • Options
    Gators76Gators76 Posts: 160
    Just got home....still waiting for ths show to end....during Porch it was like...goodnight.see you later, thanks......I was waiting for a few more.
    Toledo 96, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Vegas 06,
    San Diego 06.....Do I want some more? I said FUCK YEAH!!!!
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    Ed was complaining about a scratchy throat and being under the weather but you could never tell. No mentions of Bush on his birthday. I was surprised. Inside Job really caught me off gaurd as the opener. Rats and the reworked Garden were obviously highlights in the main set as well as Parachutes. Ed came out in his silver sequined jacket for an awesome version of Little Sister along with a couple of Elvis poses. The crowd was decent and got real loud towards the end. Lot of talkers in section F of the floor Row C especially and thanks to the 2 chicks going apeshit during Gone about someone smoking pot. Heaven forbid someone smokes pot at a rock concert. They actually went and got security and were screaming at Row D behind them. Not sure if that was actually what happened but never heard anything after that. All in all a great time and always nice to sleep in your own bed after an awesome night. Time to rest up for L.A.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    teskeinc wrote:
    No mentions of Bush on his birthday.

Per K, I think there was a mention... something along the lines of "This is for the birthday boy" before Fortunate Son.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,771
    I don't know if I'm just jealous of the setlist or the fact that I wasn't there to enjoy it. Nice mix for the second leg...
  • Options
    AntreaperAntreaper Posts: 256
    Dirty Frank tag in the middle of Porch..

I cook em just to see the look on their face

x 5.

I thought they were gunna do Bushleaguer when he came out in the jacket, but no dice.

"Come back, I'll be waiting.." tagged onto the end of Black.
    "It's as comfortable as can be. But when you're on stage playing with Neil, well -- it's one thing to be at the zoo and watch an animal pace around its cage. It's another to be in the cage with him." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    applenutapplenut Posts: 67
    teskeinc wrote:
    Ed was complaining about a scratchy throat and being under the weather but you could never tell. No mentions of Bush on his birthday. I was surprised. Inside Job really caught me off gaurd as the opener. Rats and the reworked Garden were obviously highlights in the main set as well as Parachutes. Ed came out in his silver sequined jacket for an awesome version of Little Sister along with a couple of Elvis poses. The crowd was decent and got real loud towards the end. Lot of talkers in section F of the floor Row C especially and thanks to the dumb bitches going apeshit during Gone about someone smoking pot. Heaven forbid someone smokes pot at a rock concert. They actually went and got security and were screaming at Row D behind them. Not sure if that was actually what happened but never heard anything after that. All in all a great time and always nice to sleep in your own bed after an awesome night. Time to rest up for L.A.

good for them. just because someone wants to smoke pot doesn't mean that I want to.
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    i dont care either way but to fucking ruin Gone the first time I have ever heard it live kinda sucks.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    Antreaper wrote:
    Dirty Frank tag in the middle of Porch..

LOL,... it was more like a Dirty Frank TEASE! :D

There was also the TRUTH thing prior to the Save it for later tag... interesting.
  • Options
    vluggagevluggage Posts: 69
    applenut wrote:
    good for them. just because someone wants to smoke pot doesn't mean that I want to.

Who the hell forces you to smoke? I have never seen anyone hold another person down and make them get high at a concert. Please don't give me that bullshit about a contact high either.

"My choice is what I choose to do,
    And if I'm causing no harm, it shouldn't bother you.
    Your choice is who you choose to be,
    And if you're causin' no harm, then you're alright with me." -- Ben Harper
    "I think I kinda want it."
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    Was the version of "Little Sister" from Queens Of The Stone Age?
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
    I'm guessing it was the Elvis cover they did on the '05 tour, since they were in vegas.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    The band was on fire tonight! My sons first show, and I wanted to say THANK YOU!! to the kind girl who couldn't resist giving my son a limited edition hoodie for being so cute, knowing all the words to the songs, and head banging his ass off. It was an incredible first show for him!!!

The set list kicked ass! The highlights of my night was when they busted out with RATS!! I mean, we are in Vegas and the RAT PACK was in town!!! Straight into GARDEN!!! INto Parachutes. Ed had mentioned they were working on this song, they hadn't played it too much, but he wanted to give it a go, and it just made me cry like a baby!!!! I also cried during ALIVE!!! It's the first time I had seen it live since watching Storytellers, and it just made me tear up when I seen all the fan reacting to the song.

I have to say I LOVED hearing LITTLE SISTER live! WOW! This song was the icing on the cake!!!

final encore was just on fire!!! GO, COMOTOSE was more rocking live than I could ever imagine, FORTUNATE SON was a nice treat, and the show ended with an all out PORCH!!!

Vegas kicked ass with and awesome setlist.
    My seats were STONES side on the wing. I could see everything, had an isle seat and could dance as far out in it without getting harrassed. GREAT SHOW, BOYS!!!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    denverfandenverfan Posts: 218
    applenut wrote:

Are you serious??? Do us all a favor and never attend another show!!! I'm past my smokin' days, but I love to see people rippin and havin' a good time at the shows...lighten up and get fucked! Your as about as good as the people who ask others to sit down at a concert!
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

Whisky Drinker, Non-Hunter from Denver.
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    denverfan wrote:
    Are you serious??? Do us all a favor and never attend another show!!! I'm past my smokin' days, but I love to see people rippin and havin' a good time at the shows...lighten up and get fucked! Your as about as good as the people who ask others to sit down at a concert!
    You cannot be serious. It's all about the music, denverfan....not about drugs. It's extremely inconsiderate to be blowing smoke all around you all night long. I've never said anything to anyone about it, but there are plenty of people (who aren't breaking the law) that would like to breathe clean air instead of someone's trashy habit. It's about being conscious about the people around you. And just because it may be the norm at rock concerts does not make it right.
  • Options
    Was Boom back last night?
    Casper, WY 06/16/95
    Park City, UT 06/21/98
    Mountain View, CA 06/01/03
    San Diego, CA 07/07/06
    San Francisco, CA 07/15/06
  • Options
    bacchanalbacchanal Posts: 149
    Great setlist last night...especially loved to hear RATS...I love that song, Eddies voice was in and out towards the end of the show,( I think he smoked too much chiba with tom petty last week! ) looking foreward to the main event....TONIGHT IN SD!!!!

thank you to all my fellow jammers, The crowd makes the show, and this crowd was amazing!!!!
  • Options
    tombellancatombellanca Posts: 117
    i'm glad they got a couple songs out of the way for tonight - ie- elderly, daughter & betterman.
    about 12 hours to go till showtime, yes? :-)
    6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/7/95, 7/10/98, 7/12/98, 7/13/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/27/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/7/06. 7/9/06, 7/10/06
  • Options
    Since when did PJ fans become such a bunch of squares. Reefer is part of the rock concert experience, whether you're partaking or not. Lighten up.
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    Was Boom back last night?

Yeah, Boom was back, but Ed didn't sat anything regarding his return back last night.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    ATrain243ATrain243 Posts: 3
    S.O. wrote:
    Since when did PJ fans become such a bunch of squares. Reefer is part of the rock concert experience, whether you're partaking or not. Lighten up.

The person making all the major complaints about it is from Utah. What do you expect from those squares there. taking a drink is sac religous there.
  • Options
    Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    ATrain243 wrote:
    The person making all the major complaints about it is from Utah. What do you expect from those squares there. taking a drink is sac religous there.

I don't smoke pot, but If I am at a concert and I smell pot, I feel at home... It is a Rock show. People who complain about other people at concerts, need to stay home....
  • Options
    mpg82mpg82 Posts: 83
    You cannot be serious. It's all about the music, denverfan....not about drugs. It's extremely inconsiderate to be blowing smoke all around you all night long. I've never said anything to anyone about it, but there are plenty of people (who aren't breaking the law) that would like to breathe clean air instead of someone's trashy habit. It's about being conscious about the people around you. And just because it may be the norm at rock concerts does not make it right.

Isn't a rock concert about watching the show and listening to the music, not the people around you smoking mary jane? Nobody likes a snitch.
    6/26/98, 6/27/98, 06/13/99, 10/08/00, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/29/06, 6/30/06, 5/7/10
  • Options
    bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    ATrain243 wrote:

exactly..

fuck am i glad i live here.. this would never ever come up at shows here
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    i'm interested to know....what are people's thoughts on the sonic youth set? i saw them in reno on the 4th, and they were amazing.

I would like to hear some thoughts on this as well...looking forward to seeing Sonic Youth.
  • Options
    lluukkiinnlluukkiinn Posts: 93
    Great full set. Was thinking on going to this show. Wish I did. I will definatly get this bootleg.
    denver 7/2/06 & 7/3/06, chicago 8/5/07
  • Options
    neartodeathneartodeath Posts: 167
    applenut wrote:

who made you king?

i certainly didn't vote for you

hey teacher...leave those kids alone

narcs are the problem
  • Options
    Rats! :d
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    Okay, so I just got back about 4 hours ago....we drove out for the show then drove back as soon as it was over. And yeah, I was kinda expecting one more after Porch. Probably all you fuckers complaining about Yellow Ledbetter got to them so thanks for that....

Inside Job - Interesting opener but I'm so glad they played it since this was very likely my last show this tour. Ed was hiding out for the long intro then showed up just in time to start in on the vocals.

Corduroy - It was really rockin' but they sure seem to play this one a lot.....throwing in some Interstellar Overdrive would help me swallow this one night after night after night...But it still rocked, as always.

WWS - I just can't see myself ever getting sick of this one, no matter how many times they play it. Ed does a great job with lyrics too and never seems to miss a beat. Great performance of an amazing song. Stone was feelin' it last night. Dancing like nobody's business and looking like he's having the time of his life. I loved to see him having a lot of fun. And he kept it up the entire show.

Grievance - As an extremely disgruntled citizen I was very pleased to get this one in the set. Ed pointed to the flag that was hanging in the back of the arena as he pledged his grievance. This song makes me want to kick all you binarul bashers in the nuts. One of my favorites for sure.

Given to Fly - Not my favorite song, but it sounded great. Love Mike's energy....he's all over the place and his energy is so contagious.

Marker in the Sand - "Calliiinnnng Ouuut....." One of my favorite new songs. So glad I got to hear it since they neglected it in both Denver shows.

Faithfull - Definitely one of my favorites. Ed said that they've played a couple of songs that might hint on faith and that this one is all about faith. Holy cow that was a loud crowd too. Night and Day compared to either Denver show.

Even Flow - Mike playing the sole behind his head followed by a nice and rockin' solo from Matt. Easily makes up for playing this song at every single show since the beginning of time....

Gone - Can't say enough about how much the band adds to this song on stage. I love how it builds up to the chorus.

Daughter - Tag was something I'd never heard before...something about a whisper? Can't completely remember.

Green Disease - Just like Grievance makes me angry with Binaural bashers, G Disease makes me want to slap all you Riot Act bashers until you're black and blue. Great song that's super relevant whether Ed gets the words right or not...

Rats - Lots of singing here too. I don't think I'v ever heard it live so I'm thrilled with that. I mean, what can I say? This song rocked and was one of the best live versions I've ever heard.

Garden - I love the new version of Garden and this was my first chance to hear it live. Again, lots of singing from the crowd. One of the best crowds I've been a part of. Ed even gave us the mic for a few lines.

Parachutes - Beautiful song and beautiful performance. Ed nailed this one and was apparently sick or something...he kept saying his voice is scratchy and he'd need our help, which he got nearly all night long. Oh, he did fuck up the words a bit but barely noticable. Can't wait for the boot just so I can hear this one again.

SOLAT - Crowd went wild to sing along with this one. It's always nice to have it in the set.

Life Wasted - Finally got to hear it live. And so what if Ed fucked up the lyrics? He's done so great so far with lyrics to the new songs. Btw, this song is really hard to sing (at least for me) especially this late into the set. Ed's vocals are incredible. By this point in the show I've worked up quite a sweat. The arena is pretty hot but on top of that, they just played so many rockers...I couldn't help but rock out as hard as I ever had.

Do the Evolution - Ended the 1st set and in a very rockin' and raw voiced way. Ed's got vocal chords of steel. Oh, and he fucked up this one too by singing the last verse after the first, but still amazing.

Little Sister - Okay, how Ed can scream his way through DTE and the other rockers toward the end of the 1st set then come out (silver jacket and all) and nail this song is beyond me. He also did some Elvis-type dancin' during this one.

Small Town - Great sing-a-long with the crowd. The crowd really made this one better than usual. Can't say enough about the people in the arena last night. I was surrounded by loud singers and it made it even more of an amazing show.

Betterman - Great crowd participation again. We sang the entire first verse before Ed came in on vocals and we were pretty loud. He started a tag or something by spelling out T-R-U-S-T and saying something like, "I wanna trust you." and then breaking into "Don't let me dooooowwwwwwn" from Save it For Later. Ended in a rockin' little jam.

Black - Beautiful song...Boom's keys sounded great too. Seemed like a bit longer ending than usual and then Ed tagged Come Back, singing, "I'll be here....come back...come back.....I'll be here...come back...come back." It was soooo good.

Alive - Closed the 1st encore. Wow....great energy from the band and crowd...fist pumps from nearly the entire crowd and plenty from Ed too. Borderline emotional for me...ever since Kitchener this song has become pretty special to me and it was a great end to a strong encore.

Go - Ed was out of control on this one....all over the place. Lots of jumps and I think he had a few microphone spins in there (or maybe that was a different song, can't be sure). Either way he was supercharged and on fire. Haven't heard this one in a while so I'm glad they included it in the set.

Comatose - Again, Ed's vocal chords are clearly made of steel (or something even stronger). Everyone was feelin' the energy from this one. Stone was rockin' out and lovin' it.

Fortunate Son - Wow, I kinda forgot about this song but I absolutely love it. Ed dedicated it to the birthday boy (dubya's b-day was apparently yesterday).

Porch - Slow intro (which I love). Ed only got a line into it and noticed how loudly the crowd was singing then gave us the mic to finish the intro without him. Amazing energy and the momentum after Mike's solo and before the last verse....just building up that momentum was both energetic and exhausting at the same time. I was surprised they didn't give us an extra such as ledbetter because we really were a fantastic crowd. But I'm really not sure I could have survived another song. Easily the most energy I've felt and used in a PJ show. Overall out of the fifteen shows I've seen this one was probably the second best (Kitchener is easily #1). Thanks PJ for everything....can't wait for the boot.
  • Options
    JonBonhamJonBonham Posts: 11
    this was only my second pearl jam show ever! my first was at the gorge...so ive seen some pretty good ones so far i guess! Anyways i was fortunate enough as vedhead27's boyfriend and I were coming up the escalator , we heard an elvis tune...and i was like...they're laying elvis in the garden? and I looked at him and was like....no wait thats pearl jam playing little sister! that song kicked live!they did play all my favorite tunes except for "you are" which was the one i was truly hoping for...oh well...i still heard a great setlist! Last nights show had amazing energy from both the band and the fans! thanks again for all the really nice people i met yet again...and have fun at your next stops! later on!