Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    I think I'm giving up on the dude. I played the last record maybe twice and the new single is underwhelming.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I think I'm giving up on the dude. I played the last record maybe twice and the new single is underwhelming.
    Not giving up on him, but I will want to listen to the albums first this time around. I only played his last solo LP once, then gave it to my brother in law.

I'm all for more Raconteurs or Dead Weather, though. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    mfc2006 said:
    Not giving up on him, but I will want to listen to the albums first this time around. I only played his last solo LP once, then gave it to my brother in law.

Would love to see a DW revival! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Agree, if I buy it will be the cheapest coloured variant of this in the UK. £19.99 from Banquet in the UK. If I was to order the Vault Store version from the new online UK store its £33 plus £4.50 postage. Stupid price. 

Whats the point in being a Vault member if its more expensive to buy.

mfc2006 said:

Would love to see a DW revival! 
    Yes. Would love some more Dead Weather.

Or just reunite the Stripes.

Or just reunite the Stripes.

Would love to see this happen, but don't think it will.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I like him best with Raconteurs
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,604
    White stripes first and then Racs for me.  

I think he's great acoustically too

Me too
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    Nice to see such a wide array of artists staying so busy…. Recording new music, touring, live streams..
    🧐🧐
    edited November 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    White stripes first and then Racs for me.  

I think he's great acoustically too

That acoustic recordings he did is in regular rotation here. Need to find it on vinyl...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,259
    I like the new song! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    edited November 2021
    Sounds like an Eagles of Death Metal b-side to me. And that’s not a good thing.
    Post edited by goldrush on
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    goldrush said:
    Sounds like an Eagles of Death Metal b-side to me. And that’s not a good thing.
    Great call on EODM.   This really isn't even a song.
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    There is a new Bob Weir & Wolf Bros Live in Colorado vinyl set coming out and Third Man has an exclusive version in the vault novelties shop.  Third Man version is an exclusive color with a print included.  Vault members only it looks like.  

https://thirdmanrecords.com/news/bobby-weir-wolf-bros-to-release-first-ever-vinyl-collection-of-recorded-material-with-new-live-album
    Just received an email from my local venue stating presale tickets available next week for a show in June '22. Anyone else? Not seeing tour news posted anywhere.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Hobbes said:
    Just received an email from my local venue stating presale tickets available next week for a show in June '22. Anyone else? Not seeing tour news posted anywhere.
    His social media accounts have been cryptically posting pictures of venues and/or landmarks over the past few days. figured a tour announcement was imminent. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Hobbes said:
    His social media accounts have been cryptically posting pictures of venues and/or landmarks over the past few days. figured a tour announcement was imminent. 
    Yeah, I've seen those. I'm thinking the venue sent out the email too soon. It states tickets available this Friday (to the general public) but the date is for next Friday.
    Hobbes said:
    Hobbes said:
    Yeah, I've seen those. I'm thinking the venue sent out the email too soon. It states tickets available this Friday (to the general public) but the date is for next Friday.
    what venue?  Curious to know how popular they think the tour will be.
    mrussel1 said:
    Hobbes said:
    Hobbes said:
    Moda Center in Portland, OR where the Blazers play. Capacity 19K+. When JW last played Portland in '18, it was a venue that held about 10K.
    Hobbes said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hobbes said:
    Hobbes said:
    Moda Center in Portland, OR where the Blazers play. Capacity 19K+. When JW last played Portland in '18, it was a venue that held about 10K.
    Damn, that's a big show. Be interesting to see how close he gets to filling.  
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    Any news on latest vault ship date?
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    pjpjpaul said:
    Any news on latest vault ship date?
    I was thinking the same. Has to be soon. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    Same, very excited for this set! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    seeing JW on my b-day in Paris would be amazing. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,259
    Not seeing ticket info? When do they go on sale 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I have not seen JW solo, does he change up setlists each night? I am considering hitting all 3 Atlanta nights 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016