Official Neil Young Thread

Comments

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    God damn it’s already out of stock…I still don’t have a Massey!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • shorty4568shorty4568 Seattle, WA Posts: 173
    static111 said:
    $42 on discogs. I wouldn't wait around they will be twice that again soon. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    static111 said:
    That's a steal.  Go get it. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    @static111 if you mask up, and go to one of your local shops, they should have have this right now. Every shop I visited over the weekend had at least one on the shelf.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    @static111 if you mask up, and go to one of your local shops, they should have have this right now. Every shop I visited over the weekend had at least one on the shelf.
    Ok well I know what I'm doing after I get out of work and off the forums today!  I will report back on my success or failure.
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    Ok well I know what I'm doing after I get out of work and off the forums today!  I will report back on my success or failure.
    Good luck!  I may run down and get my son a copy.  He's now into record collecting which is an expensive habit for a college kid without a job. 
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    Good luck!  I may run down and get my son a copy.  He's now into record collecting which is an expensive habit for a college kid without a job. 
    It was cheap when I was in college, People were like why are you buying that old junk we have cds and MP3s? I got sticky fingers op with zipper and some girls with all of the faces for like 5 bucks a piece to name a couple of great scores. I would not be able to have my collection if I started today.
    Scio me nihil scire

• If someone finds it in a local store for a good price. Could someone buy one for me and send it to Sweden? :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    If someone finds it in a local store for a good price. Could someone buy one for me and send it to Sweden? :)
    If I find two copies I will as long as you cover the cost and shipping.  I will let you know how it goes after my evening exploits.
    Scio me nihil scire

If someone finds it in a local store for a good price. Could someone buy one for me and send it to Sweden? :)
    If Static doesn't find one, I'll look as well. 
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • static111 said:
    If I find two copies I will as long as you cover the cost and shipping.  I will let you know how it goes after my evening exploits.
    mrussel1 said:
    Thank you. I will ofc cover everything. 

Depending on how much it cost in store... But up to about 50 dollars would be okey. 

Was there a 2020 reissue of this? Weird if so, and it did not get a wide release... have not seen it here in Sweden...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited December 2021
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Depending on how much it cost in store... But up to about 50 dollars would be okey. 

Was there a 2020 reissue of this? Weird if so, and it did not get a wide release... have not seen it here in Sweden...
    Evidently.. I didn't realize it either, until these recent comments.

https://www.discogs.com/release/17477521-Neil-Young-Live-at-Massey-Hall-1971   US pressing so maybe that's why you didn't see.
  • static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yes. Can get it from the Netherlands for 90 dollars... 

But if it's cheap enough in a local store, then it could be worth both the shipping cost and "customs chargers".

It's such a nice album to listen too.

MUCH BETTER THAN DREAMIN' MAN 92 THAT MY BROTHER FOUND IN A STORE FOR 20 BUCKS AND BOUGHT. THAT FUCKING WEASEL.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    New Barn performance video for 'Welcome Back'

https://youtu.be/2AuZ1Gqtsac
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    This may be the best reply Neil has ever posted! :rofl:

(Tim Rogers)
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It was not available at my Barnes and Noble or at Waterloo Records...Sorry maybe @mrussel1 will have better luck.  The Hunt continues
    Scio me nihil scire

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It was not available at my Barnes and Noble or at Waterloo Records...Sorry maybe @mrussel1 will have better luck.  The Hunt continues
    Oh, dang!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • static111 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Thank you for looking <3
    I've got a gift subscription code for a one-year Classic membership to NYA if anyone on here hasn't signed up yet?
    Let me know and I'll PM the code  =)

(Tim Rogers)
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    goldrush said:
    I've got a gift subscription code for a one-year Classic membership to NYA if anyone on here hasn't signed up yet?

I should also be getting one after the new year that I’d be willing to pass on as well. 
    goldrush said:

I should also be getting one after the new year that I’d be willing to pass on as well. 
    Spread the word! A free year of NYA can only be a good thing  :)

I had 2 codes available, and had planned on putting one on the RAK thread, but @pjpjpaul and @shorty4568 PM'd me within seconds of each other so both codes have been claimed now.

Enjoy guys  :)

(Tim Rogers)
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    goldrush said:
    goldrush said:

Spread the word! A free year of NYA can only be a good thing  :)

I had 2 codes available, and had planned on putting one on the RAK thread, but @pjpjpaul and @shorty4568 PM'd me within seconds of each other so both codes have been claimed now.

Enjoy guys  :)
    Thanks to you and Neil! 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • If an extra code comes around I’ll gladly take it thanks 
  • Anyone who has a subscription - listen to the NY & Crzy Horse Stockholm 2001 show. 
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    @goldrush, @jerparker20 if there is a code left I'd love to check it out
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Thank you for looking <3
    You are welcome.  I'm sad for both of us and mourning the loss of the Massey that never was.
    Scio me nihil scire

I just checked the three record stores here in Richmond and no one has it.  I would not shy away from the one that is $42 on discogs.  That's about 8-10 over the retail price, but who knows if you'll see it again anytime soon.  
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    goldrush said:

Kool !!

My renewal is on the 20th of  Dec., so I'll have a code to give away too.

Good idea goldrush!
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    edited December 2021
    Not sure how the que(? This doesn't look right to my eyes, lol) works, but I'd like to join the line, lol. It'll be interesting to see how many trials turn into subscriptions later, lol.

Edit:  Yeah, it was queue I meant, lol.
    Post edited by DarthMaeglin on
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022