Announcing Eddie Vedder the Earthlings Tour 2022

Comments

• E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    Australian tour please.  It's been nearly 8 years. 
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,606
    FREZ said:
    COVID vaccination required for entry? 
    Not sure what venue you are looking at. I looked at the New Jersey show and it basically said by buying tickets you agree to follow whatever protocols are in place at the time of the show.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 745
    So this portion:

"Price Level 1 and Price Level 2 Ticket Options:
    Eligible members may submit a Ticket Request for both price levels to any given show, but can only possibly be confirmed for one or the other. It is not possible to be confirmed for both price levels for the same show. "

So I went ahead and chose both options for the show I want and thats fine? Can only win one option I get it, but choosing both for the same show wont be some glitch and screw me, correct?

Exactly.  You'll be awarded one of the options at most per show.  I have requests in for the NJ and NY shows, with both price tiers selected.  At checkout, they show that the max that I will pay in total is the low, low price of ~$1500, which would only happen if awarded the highest price tier for all 3 shows.

How did u actually do this?  I can't figure how to make request for each section.  When I do a separate request for each section it automatically cancels my previous request. 

So I emailed them and they said making a request for each section is not allowed.

WTF?!
  • DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Gvn2fly said:
    So this portion:

Eligible members may submit a Ticket Request for both price levels to any given show, but can only possibly be confirmed for one or the other. It is not possible to be confirmed for both price levels for the same show. "

So I went ahead and chose both options for the show I want and thats fine? Can only win one option I get it, but choosing both for the same show wont be some glitch and screw me, correct?

Exactly.  You'll be awarded one of the options at most per show.  I have requests in for the NJ and NY shows, with both price tiers selected.  At checkout, they show that the max that I will pay in total is the low, low price of ~$1500, which would only happen if awarded the highest price tier for all 3 shows.

How did u actually do this?  I can't figure how to make request for each section.  When I do a separate request for each section it automatically cancels my previous request. 

So I emailed them and they said making a request for each section is not allowed.

WTF?!
    You can select both price levels and it tells you that you are registered for multiple prices levels and what the max you could be charged is.
    I did this for the Newark show. I also signed up on ticketmaster verified in case I get shut out.
  • Only four weeks before Christmas, asking fans to pay $475 for 2x tickets, to listen to Ed sing about "The Haves" is about as tone deaf as it gets. Hard to believe Ed would take part in a tour that seeks to squeeze that much money from his fan base. Even if I decided to spend the money, in Los Angeles I'd probably end up surrounded by rich a-holes who carry that much in their wallets.  
    Are you a screenwriter?
    www.screenplaymechanic.com
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,610
    I put in for both NY sows and NJ.
    Didn't realize I could try for both levels of seating  for the same night but at those prices I don't want to be in the stratosphere... I think I'll just take my chances and hope for the best.
  • josephdcoganjosephdcogan Philadelphia, pa Posts: 2
    edited December 2021
    Tried three browsers, cleared cookies, signed into TM before doing so... Can't get through...

EDIT: Was suggested through DM that I clear pop-up blocker and Redirects... Wasn't able to get through on Chrome/Firefox, but got right through on Microsoft Edge once I cleared these blocks. 
    Post edited by josephdcogan on
  • URthekey said:
    I put in for both NY sows and NJ.
    Didn't realize I could try for both levels of seating  for the same night but at those prices I don't want to be in the stratosphere... I think I'll just take my chances and hope for the best.
    You can cancel and redo it via the TM email confirmation. 
  • Only four weeks before Christmas, asking fans to pay $475 for 2x tickets, to listen to Ed sing about "The Haves" is about as tone deaf as it gets. Hard to believe Ed would take part in a tour that seeks to squeeze that much money from his fan base. Even if I decided to spend the money, in Los Angeles I'd probably end up surrounded by rich a-holes who carry that much in their wallets.  
    I agree with this! A little odd the ticket prices are so high considering it’s Ed and a glorified cover band will play various Who, Pearl Jam, and others. 
    Hopefully it will be awesome but was surprised at $200 a ticket. 
  • pipes5977pipes5977 Rhode Island Posts: 318
    I still can not get thru 
  • afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    Drdeal said:
    Gvn2fly said:
    So this portion:

WTF?!
    You can select both price levels and it tells you that you are registered for multiple prices levels and what the max you could be charged is.
    I did this for the Newark show. I also signed up on ticketmaster verified in case I get shut out.
    Will the Fan-To-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange be available if we buy through Ticketmaster Verified and need to sell?
  • MercuryMercury Posts: 382
    Is there anything showing the lotto odds for these shows? I’m sure it’s depressing information, but I would like to know..
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    pipes5977 said:
    I still can not get thru 
    Me too 😫
  • The ticket price did make me gulp, but from what I saw at Ohana Weekend 1 of Eddie and the Earthlings, I'm sold, so it was a no brainer. I signed up for both the 10Club tickets and TM Verified fan as a back up for the LA show, which I know will sell out asap. So, fingers crossed, otherwise, I'll see Pearl Jam at their reschedule LA show sometime this summer.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    At this point, I’ll be very happy to spend that money. Two months until the first date, so roughly 8$ per day of good vibes about the upcoming show. 
    And that is exactly what they're counting on.  I've seen PJ, seen Ed solo, numerous (MANY) times, no way would I pay that kind of money now.  I've never been disappointed but done shelling out the big $$.  I still have two tix to LA (2020) shows that have yet to be announced.  Until they announce the rescheduled shows, they won't get a penny from me.  But for those of you going for tickets, enjoy!  I remember being you, remember the excitement and anticipation.

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Maybe after Pearl Jam's 2022 tour Ed will come up with the Earthlings and play in Canada.

• Same here....won't load as it should. I sent an email yesterday asking for soem troubleshooting. Only crickets so far. At those prices I wonder if I should bother....sheeeeeesh
  • BK221359BK221359 Charleston, SC Posts: 237
    Rough thread…somehow the forum reads like Twitter…what happened?  Thank you Ed for getting out on the road.  Hoping to catch you in NYC/NJ.  And looking forward to the rescheduled PJ shows in Nashville and Amsterdam.  
    Pensacola, FL - 3-9-1994
    New Orleans, LA - 9-17-1995
    New Orleans, LA - 8-14-2000
    Lexington, KY - 4-26-2016
    Nashville, TN - 6-9-2016 (TMR)
    Bonnaroo - 6-11-2016
    Chicago, IL - 8-18-2018 & 8-20-2018
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9-18-2021
    Ohana Fest - 9-26-2021
    Ohana Fest Encore - 10-1-2021 & 10-2-2021
  • I can confirm two things. I could log on after deleting my cookies in Firefox. The price of tickets in the LOW range is 250 a piece. So the $500 is true. Those seats are not good ones either. I checked NJPAC and Beacon. THe cheap 500 seats are not even orchestra. I will wait for PJ.
  • Been tryin since yesterday on multiple computers and still can't figure this out. I have tried three different browsers, clearing cookies, blocks and everything suggested. Still stuck on the "log into your 10C account" loop. Frustrating that they don't have this sorted out and are not responding to troubleshooting questions.
  • I’ve entered for NYC for now as it would be a really great experience on the off chance I am selected.

The price is a bit high, but really, my concern is more that it’s a little insulting as a holder of multiple postponed PJ show tickets that this new tour will take place before it.  I was okay with SHN and Ohana doing so because those were outdoors but now that there are new indoor shows it’s borderline offensive.  

So I might cancel my entry and/or request some PJNA refunds.  Not that it won’t sell out anyway.  

End of rant.  I do love the music.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 270
    I’ve entered for NYC for now as it would be a really great experience on the off chance I am selected.

The price is a bit high, but really, my concern is more that it’s a little insulting as a holder of multiple postponed PJ show tickets that this new tour will take place before it.  I was okay with SHN and Ohana doing so because those were outdoors but now that there are new indoor shows it’s borderline offensive.  

So I might cancel my entry and/or request some PJNA refunds.  Not that it won’t sell out anyway.  

End of rant.  I do love the music.  
    Totally agree with your rant.  Eddie is obviously comfortable playing indoor shows as early as February, so why isn't that when the cancelled PJ North America shows started to get rescheduled?  I would have thought that the postponed shows would receive the highest priority to be rescheduled and played, and then the EV solo shows could be scheduled after that was figured out.  
  • clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 321
    I do not think people understand the level of scheduling that goes on with tours and booking shows. As was mentioned earlier, with a band like this (made up of folks with other bands an calendars that are booked years in advance, such as Chad with RHCP) Feb. may have been the only time. With PJ, they are fighting with every other artist, sports team, event, on navigating the schedules of arenas. 

My oldest brother was a booking agent for well over a decade and he would start booking 9-12 months in advance for his bands. Its extremely challenging. Add in Covid and every musical act wanting to attempt to recoup lost funds over the past year and a half, two years, the scheduling has to be very difficult. 
  • reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 270
    clayton12 said:
    I do not think people understand the level of scheduling that goes on with tours and booking shows. As was mentioned earlier, with a band like this (made up of folks with other bands an calendars that are booked years in advance, such as Chad with RHCP) Feb. may have been the only time. With PJ, they are fighting with every other artist, sports team, event, on navigating the schedules of arenas. 

My oldest brother was a booking agent for well over a decade and he would start booking 9-12 months in advance for his bands. Its extremely challenging. Add in Covid and every musical act wanting to attempt to recoup lost funds over the past year and a half, two years, the scheduling has to be very difficult. 
    I totally get it about schedules of venues, other band members, etc.  I also understand how far in advance some of these tours need to be booked.  That being said though, it seems odd that the EV Earthling shows were able to be scheduled relatively quickly and will be played in two months from announcement while we have to wait an additional three months after that for the PJ shows that were postponed from 2020.  I would have thought rescheduling the postponed PJ shows would be the priority.....maybe it was, but they were just able to find a window in February where all the scheduling came together for the players and the venues for the Earthling tour so they booked it.  Who knows?
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,606
    edited December 2021
    rey said:
    clayton12 said:

I totally get it about schedules of venues, other band members, etc.  I also understand how far in advance some of these tours need to be booked.  That being said though, it seems odd that the EV Earthling shows were able to be scheduled relatively quickly and will be played in two months from announcement while we have to wait an additional three months after that for the PJ shows that were postponed from 2020.  I would have thought rescheduling the postponed PJ shows would be the priority.....maybe it was, but they were just able to find a window in February where all the scheduling came together for the players and the venues for the Earthling tour so they booked it.  Who knows?
    It may have something to do with the places Ed is playing are more open, as they are specific to these types of shows. Pearl Jam is rescheduling around the NBA and NHL, and possibly things like NCAA tournaments and all other sorts of stuff. Definitely more things to work around there.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • baldog27baldog27 Posts: 155
    I cannot get the lottery link to work across multiple machines and browsers.  Mmmmmmmmmmm Cookies
  • Put my request in for Friday night NYC at the Beacon, Hope to see you all there! 
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    rey said:
    clayton12 said:

Actually it's not odd at all. PJ is literally a TOUR. It's a machine with more people, more dates, and more consequences if Covid is still unpredictable and they absolutely do NOT want to re-book it ever again.  So they HAVE to plan it further out into 2022 in hopes that by then somehow the US (or all of N. America if there are Canadian dates) had figured out how to safely have sold out arena-size shows.

This Earthlings tour is a smaller machine, way fewer dates, smaller venues.  IF heaven forbid they have to cancel/postpone because whatever variant pops up in Feb pops up, it is fewer shows, smaller venues, fewer tix, all of us who bought knew we were buying tix during Covid so agreed as we signed up to follow whatever Covid rules are in place locally at the time, AND this is the 1st time we're buying for this, it's not like if it gets postponed it'll be the THIRD TIME.

All of those reasons add up to WAY MORE CAUTION for re-booking the PJ tour and also a need for way more dates & planning.

And lastly add in the point already made, that many members of the Earthlings are in other projects that will probably also be touring later in 2022, so early when people are still afraid of the unpredictable was probably - from a group scheduling POV - the only time to do it in 2022.
  • SpartanacusSpartanacus San Diego Posts: 794
    FREZ said:
    COVID vaccination required for entry? 
    Or negative test, right?  Either way, hard pass.  Seeing Ed live in a newly restored 1,200 person venue that I've never been to in San Diego made me at least think about it...but I'd only pay that money for Pearl Jam.  This is a tour for the die hard Ed fans who have loads of cash.  Maybe if the first two singles resonated with me I'd give it a second thought...but I'll wait for the LA and SD dates.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    The ticket price, while pretty high, is not out of line with other shows that are out there and is not primarily the reason I changed my mind about going. I live 4.5hours away from Chicago, so being a midweek show, we would have to take the day of the show and the next day off. Easy for me, but not so much for my wife who is a teacher. Add in the cost of a hotel in Chicago and the questionable driving weather to get up to Chicago in February, and it became an easier decision to cancel my request.