Mid Life Crisis?

Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
edited November 2021 in All Encompassing Trip
So I turned 40 last month and made the decision back in July I was going to get my first tattoo.  Is this a mid life crisis?  Does anyone else have an example of a mid life crisis?

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    47 and I recently left an executive position I could (and thought I would) retire from....started at another company as an exec that is about 10x bigger than the company I was with.  I know nothing of this field/industry.  Wanted more of a challenge.
    Started running a few years ago and recently completed a 31 mile run (50K), damaging my leg and knee in the process.  Wanted more of a challenge.

My wife jokes it is my mid life crisis.  I tell her this is better than a fancy sports car and 23 year old girlfriend!

Would probably be smarter for me to get a tattoo, Chris.  :).   Hope you like yours!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
  • Just turned 46.  I bought a road bike.  Still don't have any tattoos.  You don't put a bumper sticker on a Ferrari, lol.
    I do find myself wanting to do more though.  There isn't anything wrong w that.
  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,436
    edited November 2021
    Just before my 40th birthday I decided to join a gym, never walked into one before. After about a year of kettlebell and metcon classes I decided to do a Spartan Race. I did the easiest one. A sprint 5k with 20 obstacles. And had so much fun doing it. Decided the next year I was gonna do the trifecta. One sprint 5 k 20 obstacles, one super 10k 25 obstacles and one beast 21k 30 obstacles. Complete all 3 in the year to complete the trifecta. But Covid screws that up. So I’m aiming for 2022. I’ll be 44
    Only problem I have are my knees. I don’t have any cartilage left so long runs are not my friend. The races are spread throughout the year so I think I can do it.
    This is me after the race. The smile on my face says it all lol

Post edited by DavidD on
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I consider some of these not as cliches (or, crises) but as personal challenges, whether of the body or mind/grit. It’s admirable, to me. Garners my respect. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    The whole fucking thing has been a crisis.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    hedonist said:
    I consider some of these not as cliches (or, crises) but as personal challenges, whether of the body or mind/grit. It’s admirable, to me. Garners my respect. 
    Yeah, not sure if it was a midlife crisis but my wife likes to tell me it is lol
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    I’ll let you know, when I reach mid life.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:
    Aren't u on the back end of life now?
    Wobbie said:
    🤬 
    lol
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    fuckers :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    DavidD said:
    Just before my 40th birthday I decided to join a gym, never walked into one before. After about a year of kettlebell and metcon classes I decided to do a Spartan Race. I did the easiest one. A sprint 5k with 20 obstacles. And had so much fun doing it. Decided the next year I was gonna do the trifecta. One sprint 5 k 20 obstacles, one super 10k 25 obstacles and one beast 21k 30 obstacles. Complete all 3 in the year to complete the trifecta. But Covid screws that up. So I’m aiming for 2022. I’ll be 44
    Only problem I have are my knees. I don’t have any cartilage left so long runs are not my friend. The races are spread throughout the year so I think I can do it.

Awesome!
    My sister did the trifecta, she's a damn beast.
    (I can run more than her but can't do the other stuff!)

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    I haven't got to a comfortable enough place to have a crisis yet.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    DavidD said:

Awesome!
    My sister did the trifecta, she's a damn beast.
    (I can run more than her but can't do the other stuff!)

For me it’s the opposite. But with some good knee support I can do a little more then normal.
    So I turned 40 last month and made the decision back in July I was going to get my first tattoo.  Is this a mid life crisis?  Does anyone else have an example of a mid life crisis?

Nice tattoo op. But watch out they are addictive lol
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    I'm getting ready to have my MLC tattoo done....it will be my avatar
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    static111 said:
    I haven't got to a comfortable enough place to have a crisis yet.
    :lol:
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I'm not sure I ever had a midlife crisis but I had a personality crisis.  I got it while it was hot.  It's always hard to know when frustration and heartache what you got.
    Yeah yeah yeahhhhhhh!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    DavidD said:

Nice tattoo op. But watch out they are addictive lol
    I did joke with a friend of mine that there are still 10 more album covers I can put on myself!

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    47 and I recently left an executive position I could (and thought I would) retire from....started at another company as an exec that is about 10x bigger than the company I was with.  I know nothing of this field/industry.  Wanted more of a challenge.
    Started running a few years ago and recently completed a 31 mile run (50K), damaging my leg and knee in the process.  Wanted more of a challenge.

My wife jokes it is my mid life crisis.  I tell her this is better than a fancy sports car and 23 year old girlfriend!

Would probably be smarter for me to get a tattoo, Chris.  :).   Hope you like yours!
    I love it, it came out as well as I could have hoped.  I was driving back to Milwaukee from Kansas City with my wife after July 4th and just said to her "I know what I want for my 40th." Getting a tattoo was always something I thought about doing, but never knew what I would get.  I love the No Code album artwork so much and figured it would be worth getting the background image. 

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439

But its not LOL
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I have a friend (46) who I and his wife are pretty sure is going through a pretty typical midlife crisis. He did a few unoriginal things: bought a motorcycle and went on the keto diet, started getting his hair cut in a salon for the first time in his life instead of giving himself the clipper crop that always grew into the dumb and dumber look soon enough, lol. But he also went and bought a big amount of cannabis products in a pot store for the first time ever recently - I asked him why the sudden interest in randomly getting high, and his response was, "my life." So..... yikes. I did not tell his wife about that comment!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Get_Right said:

But its not LOL
    Hahaha.  I was expecting someone to respond with that 
    Nice 👍
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    My wife is drawing me up my first, and likely only tattoo. Might also buy a truck. Yep. Mid-life. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    brianlux said:
    I'm not sure I ever had a midlife crisis but I had a personality crisis.  I got it while it was hot.  It's always hard to know when frustration and heartache what you got.
    Yeah yeah yeahhhhhhh!
    Love the NY Dolls quote!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited November 2021

13 months ago, at 46, I got my first tattoo as well. PJ stickman of course. 

not sure if it was a mid life crisis, or just a life reminder to live for the day and stop thinking about shit too much. I'd been literally thinking about getting it since Ten came out.

you only regret the stuff you don't do. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited November 2021
    dankind said:
    The whole fucking thing has been a crisis.
    I'm hearing ya @dankind! I'm 44 and I think mine started about 15 years ago.  I'm still driving around in it! I really like this thread, it reminds me of the midult. I also like the - you know you're getting old when... thread.

Brave tattoo @Glorified KC but why not!

@HughFreakingDillon my mate got the PJ stickmam tattoo in the early 90's, he still loves them so much. I like your advice  "Live for the day and stop thinking about shit too much" I might try to adopt that attitude on a daily basis! Thanks x
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on

not sure if it was a mid life crisis, or just a life reminder to live for the day and stop thinking about shit too much. I'd been literally thinking about getting it since Ten came out.

You must not have done some of the stuff I've done.  Lol.
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited November 2021

I could say the same back to you @F Me In The Brain
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on

I could say the same back to you @F Me In The Brain
    Of course!  Point being that I for sure regret things I've done....don't you?