NETFLIX STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    We just finished The Get Down. It ended kind of weird, but was pretty good. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    hedonist said:
    Finished Midnight Mass last night.
    Thought it had some good parts (very well made - filming / effects / some good acting) and there were a number of scenes I thought were cool.  Overall I did not like it, though.
    Won't spoil with my gripes but they were pretty consistent from a few episodes in through the end and I couldn't really get by them.
    Glad so many really liked this show....but I'm a thumbs down on it.
    I like the priest (Hamesh something; he’s good) but feel like I’m waiting for something to happen AND WHAT’S TAKING SO LONG? Gonna see it through, given that I’ve invested in three or four eps so far.

He is good, I agree.  I laughed out loud at some of his sermons/speeches but he was all in on the role and I liked the acting job he did.
    OK, I'll bite - honestly curious of what your beef is, because it's good and you can (possibly) eat shit.  =)
    Hahaha.  I can, possibly, for sure!
    My biggest issue was simple - they never heard of the V word?  (Trying to keep from ruining for others.). The way the people in town acted was so dumb, to me.  But the lack of awareness as to what they could be dealing with was funny.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Has anyone started watching Squid Game? 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Has anyone started watching Squid Game? 
    binged it. after i started and stopped a few times on the first two episodes. trust me when i say this....it's worth getting through the first two. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Has any of you international people seen?

https://youtu.be/Th6HuFO8ImE
    Not yet, but it looks interesting. I will watch it this weekend.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    we liked it...I didn't think the ending was bad as some have commented
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited November 2021
    binged it. after i started and stopped a few times on the first two episodes. trust me when i say this....it's worth getting through the first two. 
    @HughFreakingDillon I started watching and got half way through the 2nd episode. I thought it was great and look forward to finishing the series.

@Gern Blansten I'll lower my expectations for the ending. 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I watched Tiger King 2.  I really didn't feel like I needed to and assumed I had too much of that whole thing.

I actually liked it.  
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    MayDay10 said:
    I watched Tiger King 2.  I really didn't feel like I needed to and assumed I had too much of that whole thing.

I actually liked it.  
    I watched all of it Saturday night high as a kite. As with the previous season the ending of every episode had me going what the fuck is happening right now.

Also, every single person involved is just complete white trash garbage.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    saw this last night, it was pretty good. Saw it dubbed.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2021
    I'm on episode 4 of True Story. AAHHH! It's so stressful!! Really enjoying it though. I have found some brand new respect for Kevin Hart - he's killing the role. So is Wesley Snipes... and does that dude age at all?? I feel like he should look so much older and has been around forever.......LATER..... now I am on a later episode .... Oh!!! So twisty!

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    MayDay10 said:

I actually liked it.  

Yeah, it was entertaining enough.... mostly I was just glad to see the zoos closed and the animals go to a sanctuary.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Highly recommended!!
    https://youtu.be/Hyag7lR8CPA
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Money Heist S5 V2 available today. Most likely binge this weekend. :plus_one:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'm on episode 4 of True Story. AAHHH! It's so stressful!! Really enjoying it though. I have found some brand new respect for Kevin Hart - he's killing the role. So is Wesley Snipes... and does that dude age at all?? I feel like he should look so much older and has been around forever.......LATER..... now I am on a later episode .... Oh!!! So twisty!

So this is good huh? Was thinking this might be something the wife and I could get into. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I watched The Last Dance (Bulls/Micheal Jordan Doc Series)

It was pretty awesome.  At the time, through high school, I rejected basketball and the NBA thinking that if I identified with 'tough' hockey and put down basketball it would make me appear stronger or something.  I hated the Bulls and knew some 'fans' who I loathed as I always suffered as a Buffalo sports fan whose teams never win anything.  It shouldn't be easy to just pick the best team, fill your locker with all sorts of shit, wear a starter jacket, and celebrate wins, right?  So as a result, from a distance, I always rooted against the Bulls and MJ.

Anyways, watching the series makes me kind of regretful I didn't enjoy any of that era.  It started off in the early/mid 80s which I did follow as a young kid (and liked the Nuggets), and I got nostalgic seeing the Lakers and Celtics and such.

MayDay10 said:

It was pretty awesome.  At the time, through high school, I rejected basketball and the NBA thinking that if I identified with 'tough' hockey and put down basketball it would make me appear stronger or something.  I hated the Bulls and knew some 'fans' who I loathed as I always suffered as a Buffalo sports fan whose teams never win anything.  It shouldn't be easy to just pick the best team, fill your locker with all sorts of shit, wear a starter jacket, and celebrate wins, right?  So as a result, from a distance, I always rooted against the Bulls and MJ.

Anyways, watching the series makes me kind of regretful I didn't enjoy any of that era.  It started off in the early/mid 80s which I did follow as a young kid (and liked the Nuggets), and I got nostalgic seeing the Lakers and Celtics and such.

I know what you mean. The NBA is a little hard to get into because they play so many games (like MLB and NHL) but the playoffs are always great.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Not on Netflix, but Yellowjackets on Showtime is pretty fucking good.
    MayDay10 said:

I know what you mean. The NBA is a little hard to get into because they play so many games (like MLB and NHL) but the playoffs are always great.
    It is really good.  I watched a bunch of playoff games when Lebron was last on Cleveland.  Highly entertaining product.  Stars really shine and are fun to watch.  It gets exciting.  Visually appealing.  I really always mean to watch more.

NHL is sooooo boring to me now.  
    agreed....I would suggest people wait for all episodes and binge it. I can't keep up with the shit week to week. 

I had to rewatch some of ep3 last night because I didn't know wtf they were talking about in ep4

edited December 2021
    agreed....I would suggest people wait for all episodes and binge it. I can't keep up with the shit week to week. 

I had to rewatch some of ep3 last night because I didn't know wtf they were talking about in ep4
    I'm two episodes in. Love the cast; love the Alive meets Lost meets Jawbreaker meets, uh, I don't know what. Just a wild setup for a show. Looking forward to watching the other two eps tonight.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Season 2 of Gentefied is on Netflix & it's really good.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    This new Kristen Bell thing looks good. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    mfc2006 said:
    Season 2 of Gentefied is on Netflix & it's really good.
    +1
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I don’t think I care for her. I’ve never seen her in anything except car and furniture ads!
    edited December 2021
    hedonist said:
    I don’t think I care for her. I’ve never seen her in anything except car and furniture ads!
    Forgetting Sarah Marshall is one of my favourite comedies. She's in it. She's great. I think she was also in the show Heroes if I'm not mistaken. A show that started out awesome and then they didn't know where to take it. But the first couple seasons were fabulous. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited December 2021
    hedonist said:
    Forgetting Sarah Marshall is one of my favourite comedies. She's in it. She's great. I think she was also in the show Heroes if I'm not mistaken. A show that started out awesome and then they didn't know where to take it. But the first couple seasons were fabulous. 
    I don't remember her in Heroes, are you sure your not mistaking her with someone else like Hayden Panatierre?

Ignore me, she was in it. Was superstrength her superpower? 
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    hedonist said:
    Veronica Mars! She was awesome in that show. 
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited December 2021
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    hedonist said:
    I don't remember her in Heroes, are you sure your not mistaking her with someone else like Hayden Panatierre?

Ignore me, she was in it. Was superstrength her superpower? 
    controlling electricity
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD