______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    you dont see too many with the blue letters and the muted out pink, green, yellow, and blue.

mine has the promo not for sale stamp on it, but the record has the normal yellow label 
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    May 30th said:

Cool looking record. I have never listened to Hiss Golden Messenger. Will check them out 
    I would recommend starting with the album Heart Like a Levee. Amazing album front to back. Then I would do the latest studio album called Quietly Blowing It. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    ikiT said:
    you dont see too many with the blue letters and the muted out pink, green, yellow, and blue.

mine has the promo not for sale stamp on it, but the record has the normal yellow label 

nope, sure dont. of those listed, the only src pressed version were 2nd versions without celebs...

but here mine is with celebs , muted colors and src pressing....

AND its in great shape. plays beautifully..... so fuck it. thats the most important thing. it plays!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,601
    mickeyrat said:
    ikiT said:

nope, sure dont. of those listed, the only src pressed version were 2nd versions without celebs...

but here mine is with celebs , muted colors and src pressing....

AND its in great shape. plays beautifully..... so fuck it. thats the most important thing. it plays!!!!!
    Better than the reissue, if your copy is clean. 
  • mickeyrat said:

I need this one. Been looking for three years. Great album and love the remix. 
    edited November 2021
    mickeyrat said:

I need this one. Been looking for three years. Great album and love the remix. 

paid up on discogs... europe I recall

nope. purchase history shows I cancelled one. ebay doesnt show this either.

found it. got it through amazon. uk purchase..
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    AP stereo version... I still think this record is overrated. 

• mrussel1 said:

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,601

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    mrussel1 said:

Can't agree more!  I have the AP 33 RPM version. 
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit

Classic!

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:

Got mine today. I will listen over the weekend. How is it?

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    GlowGirl said:
    mfc2006 said:

Got mine today. I will listen over the weekend. How is it?

Sounded great! Will listen again over the weekend, but I really enjoyed the album.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

MedozK said:

The best..  I even bought a spare that I'm sure I will gift to my son or brother one day.  There's still supposed to be a 45 version to come as well.  I don't know if I love that.  There are certain albums that shouldn't be split into two records.. Dark Side and I think this one too.  Don't love the MOFI because of it.  The flow just breaks. 

• Love this new Quicksand album. 
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    mickeyrat said:

Sweet.
    Is that the one that was just released?
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

The best..  I even bought a spare that I'm sure I will gift to my son or brother one day.  There's still supposed to be a 45 version to come as well.  I don't know if I love that.  There are certain albums that shouldn't be split into two records.. Dark Side and I think this one too.  Don't love the MOFI because of it.  The flow just breaks. 
    Agree. I am really looking forward to the Marvin Gaye What's Going On, 33 cut by Kevin Gray with bonus LP of extras..... 

I have the One-Step which is GREAT, but the cohesiveness of breaking it into 4 sides just doesn't feel right.
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

Agree. I am really looking forward to the Marvin Gaye What's Going On, 33 cut by Kevin Gray with bonus LP of extras..... 

I have the One-Step which is GREAT, but the cohesiveness of breaking it into 4 sides just doesn't feel right.
    Er... is there a presale?
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

Er... is there a presale?
    https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/166019/Marvin_Gaye-Whats_Going_On-180_Gram_Vinyl_Record