Like the cd? 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    mickeyrat said:
    bootleg Aenima. sounds pretty good...
    Like the cd? 

how do you mean?

like its from a cd?

I didnt have volume up or headphones on

sounded clean and quiet and frankly all of my listens to the catalog has been via cd or now through digital means. would need to spin my official opiate and undertow to discern differences.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Like the cd? 

how do you mean?

like its from a cd?

sounded clean and quiet and frankly all of my listens to the catalog has been via cd or now through digital means. would need to spin my official opiate and undertow to discern differences.
    I think if it's a boot, it has to be sourced from a cd.  The other option would be someone ripping an original vinyl and using that as the source.  Since both are digitized,  I'd think the CD would be better.

mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Like the cd? 

how do you mean?

like its from a cd?

I think if it's a boot, it has to be sourced from a cd.  The other option would be someone ripping an original vinyl and using that as the source.  Since both are digitized,  I'd think the CD would be better.

well they have certainly pressed a variety of versions.. different colors etc.

well done imo.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Like the cd? 

how do you mean?

like its from a cd?

well done imo.
    That's all that matters.

I have that stupid Benny boot.  Don't like it. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Like the cd? 

how do you mean?

like its from a cd?

well done imo.
    That's all that matters.

there's benny boots? bad pressing?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Like the cd? 

how do you mean?

like its from a cd?

well done imo.
    That's all that matters.

Yeah.. a year or two ago.  There's a defect in every one at one point. Plus it's no better than cd.
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Like the cd? 

how do you mean?

like its from a cd?

well done imo.
    That's all that matters.

Yeah.. a year or two ago.  There's a defect in every one at one point. Plus it's no better than cd.

sent mine back.

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,609

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,609

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

• The Big Chill soundtrack. Good way to ease into a Sunday.
  • This is the best $4 I’ve ever spent at a flea market. Bought the album only because of the interesting artwork. Never heard of them before. Francophone prog-folk… brilliant

• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643

• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643

• May 30th said:

Cool looking record. I have never listened to Hiss Golden Messenger. Will check them out 

edited November 2021

Post edited by mickeyrat on

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    ikiT said:

thats my copy. did you find the listing version on discogs? I couldnt.

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007