NCAA College Football -

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    SC is just awful - Graham Harrel is complete dogshit and they will do well to flush his gimmick bullshit offense at seasons end.

Notre Dame crushes their rival, so they get an A+ for that game....however they really don't look that good, to me.  Far better than SC, but that says nothing this year.  (Last number of years!)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I do not disagree with any of the above. It would be fun to enjoy this rivalry with both teams having very good seasons. Usually, it is one or the other having a good season. This year, neither team is good. More difficult to get as excited for the game this year.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I do not disagree with any of the above. It would be fun to enjoy this rivalry with both teams having very good seasons. Usually, it is one or the other having a good season. This year, neither team is good. More difficult to get as excited for the game this year.
    Your team can still have a great year, even if they don't go down as a great Irish squad.
    Keep winning games....
    Your team can still have a great year, even if they don't go down as a great Irish squad.
    Keep winning games....
    Yeah, probably a 1 loss team this season. Miss the CFP (spare themselves the humiliation of a UGA/Bama beat down) and be looked at as a very young team building for next season. Honestly, that's what I expected from this season from the onset. 1 or 2 losses.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    If your team gives up more than 350 years rushing you deserve to lose. Even if the team only scored 20 points and it took them like 9 OT's to win.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    1. Does anyone think Oklahoma is a playoff team?  They may make it, but they will get smoked by someone.  

2. I think it's fascinating that Ok State was #8 but was the underdog by 7 points!  They didn't cover, but still.  Does that mean in Stillwater this is a pick 'em?

3. How bad is Clemson and DJ.  Yikes. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    If your team gives up more than 350 years rushing you deserve to lose. Even if the team only scored 20 points and it took them like 9 OT's to win.

shit for passing yards though.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    1. No, I do not. Remarkable all the preseason Spencer for Heisman talk and then to lose his job to a Freshman. Curious to see if Spencer enters the transfer portal.
  • Did anyone watch the Michigan St/Michigan game?  The quarterback had a chance to run for yardage multiple times in the 4th quarter but stayed a pedestrian.

How you let State get back in that game is another mystery.  Poor coaching job.
    Jim Harbaugh is the smartest guy in any room.
    Just ask him!

(I looooooved that they blew that game.)

Watched a bit early on but not when it got too crazy.
    Just ask him!

Hate Michigan
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    How bout them Dawgs!!!  Also left a PJ Stickman sticker under my seat in Jacksonville at the game.  (as I do with all of my stadium visits).  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    mrussel1 said:
    1. Does anyone think Oklahoma is a playoff team?  They may make it, but they will get smoked by someone.  

2. I think it's fascinating that Ok State was #8 but was the underdog by 7 points!  They didn't cover, but still.  Does that mean in Stillwater this is a pick 'em?

3. How bad is Clemson and DJ.  Yikes. 
    Clemson has got to be the biggest disappointment. DJ isn’t looking good, but his receivers are dropping lots of passes too. May be a while before they recover from this season. 
    At some point their deal with the devil has to come due. 
    Clemson is no traditional power - they were a juggernaut over the last 5-10 years but before that only ACC or Clemson fans gave a shit about their teams.
    Pretty amazing what they have done there.
    mrussel1 said:
    Just ask him!

Hate Michigan
    +1 
    At some point their deal with the devil has to come due. 
    Clemson is no traditional power - they were a juggernaut over the last 5-10 years but before that only ACC or Clemson fans gave a shit about their teams.
    Pretty amazing what they have done there.
    Agreed - their fall from grace (if it does last more that a season) would have an interesting effect on CFB. As you stated, over the last 5+ seasons, it has largely remained Bama/Clemson as the 1-2 punch. The next tier seemed to be kind of Ohio State/Georgia/Oklahoma...followed by probably Notre Dame. 

Currently seems like Georgia is set to become the new Clemson.  
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    college football playoff rankings are a joke. Alabama loses to a team that was 4 and 2 with a backup QB and they are still 2nd.  Utterly ridiculous.
    pjhawks said:
    college football playoff rankings are a joke. Alabama loses to a team that was 4 and 2 with a backup QB and they are still 2nd.  Utterly ridiculous.
    Straight up bet,  neutral field,  who do you put a $100 on to beat Alabama (other than Georgia)?
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    Straight up bet,  neutral field,  who do you put a $100 on to beat Alabama (other than Georgia)?
    That’s not the point. Why play games if results don’t matter? So the loss for Alabama meant nothing. Maybe maybe you can argue they should be fourth but they sure as shit shouldn’t be ahead of Michigan state who just beat a top 10 team and are undefeated 
    edited November 2021
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    That’s not the point. Why play games if results don’t matter? So the loss for Alabama meant nothing. Maybe maybe you can argue they should be fourth but they sure as shit shouldn’t be ahead of Michigan state who just beat a top 10 team and are undefeated 
    The committee is supposed to take the top 4. I don't like Bama but I think they are top 4. State has a good win but you can't ignore who they were last year and that their recruiting wasn't all that good.  I'm not sold on them. If they run the East then I'll be sold. 
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    The committee is supposed to take the top 4. I don't like Bama but I think they are top 4. State has a good win but you can't ignore who they were last year and that their recruiting wasn't all that good.  I'm not sold on them. If they run the East then I'll be sold. 
    Now you are taking recruiting into it and last year.  Stop,  it should be about results this year not history.  Again Alabama’s loss has meant nothing.  Why even play the games if on field results don’t matter?  When Alabama loses to Georgia in the Sec title game I bet the argument will be that they lost to the best team so it doesn’t matter for that loss either.  Results should matter but they only do for certain teams
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    Now you are taking recruiting into it and last year.  Stop,  it should be about results this year not history.  Again Alabama’s loss has meant nothing.  Why even play the games if on field results don’t matter?  When Alabama loses to Georgia in the Sec title game I bet the argument will be that they lost to the best team so it doesn’t matter for that loss either.  Results should matter but they only do for certain teams
    I do agree they matter less for certain teams.  Alabama is one.  One loss doesn't knock them out as they are excellent consistently.  I think it's going too far to say the games or results don't matter.  A second loss by Bama eliminates them.  

Regarding State,  I don't believe in them yet. I can't pretend i don't know how these guys played last year. But if they win out, they're in. Can they lose one game? Probably not because they probably can't get to,  or win the Big 10 at this point.  If they lost a non conference or Big west game early in the year and ran the east,  I think they would get in.. just like Bama.

And it sucks for Cincy but they will likely play one good team.  Not enough 
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    I do agree they matter less for certain teams.  Alabama is one.  One loss doesn't knock them out as they are excellent consistently.  I think it's going too far to say the games or results don't matter.  A second loss by Bama eliminates them.  

Regarding State,  I don't believe in them yet. I can't pretend i don't know how these guys played last year. But if they win out, they're in. Can they lose one game? Probably not because they probably can't get to,  or win the Big 10 at this point.  If they lost a non conference or Big west game early in the year and ran the east,  I think they would get in.. just like Bama.

And it sucks for Cincy but they will likely play one good team.  Not enough 
    Agree on Cincy. They haven’t been very impressive the last few weeks even with winning.  They need to be more dominate. I expect Michigan State to lose at least once but undefeated with a top 10 win is great so far. probably gonna be Ohio State in big 10 but if they lose again it’s gonna be wild on who else gets in.
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Rankings release are for tv ratings at this point and really mean nothing. It's going to work itself out...just not for Cincy.

UGA and Bama will win out and meet in the SEC championship.
    Ohio State wins out.
    Oklahoma/Oregon win out.

Bama beats UGA.

Bama
    UGA
    Ohio State
    Oklahoma/Oregon
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    oregon is nothing special.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • They should start every year off as a double elimination season.  Winner at the end is the National Champion.

Wouldn't that be fun?
    There shouldn't be any preseason rankings. AP and Coach's polls should not be released until week 5-6
    Jumb0 said:
    There shouldn't be any preseason rankings. AP and Coach's polls should not be released until week 5-6
    Haha. No chance of that.  Rankings drive TV viewership. 
    mrussel1 said:
    Jumb0 said:

100%. See my earlier post. 
    Just saying what should happen not what will ever happen. 
    Jumb0 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Jumb0 said:

100%. See my earlier post. 
    Just saying what should happen not what will ever happen. 
    Got it